Ever Break A Cue In Frustration?

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
I never broke a cue in frustration but there was this one time at the Kingston Bowl where I slip stroked a break and let my stick fly across the room and stab itself into a wall like a spear. The cue didn't break and after pulling it out of the sheet rock, I told my opponent it saves me time chalking. He gave me the 7.

Buddy hall told a story that had me gasping between laughs during an accu-stats commentary. In speaking of the frustrations experienced by a one pocket player, he said he saw a guy bite off his ferrule. Then later, that person had the cue and was "taking aim at a lamp post" when a passer by said "hey, that's a nice cue, give ya $200 for it" to which the angry player replied "nope, that's not enough to save it" ...smash.

draincutter

Yeah!

I was playing in my pool hall back in the mid 90's for twenties just the guy and I where there. We were playing on a 9' gold crown, after scratching 5 or 6 times jumping that afternoon I smashed my jump cue (frog..sorry Robin) off the corner of a 7' valley:embarrassed2:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i darn near joined the cue breaking club tonight. the only reason it is not in the trash is because my gf bought it as a christmas gift, breaking it would of probly broken the relationship also.

i dont understand why i got to that point tonight, it is not like i have not sucked before.

i won both my matches yesterday in the napa league and was shooting pretty good. tonight in apa it seemed like the pockets were 2" wide for me and a foot wide for my opponent.

i played what i thought was a great safe. then my opponent made a 2 rail kick barely grazing the object ball " it moved about a half inch" the cueball continued across the table knocking the 9 ball in for the win.

i almost launched my stick through a window when he made that shot. gawd i hate slop.

i have been playing apa for almost 2 years now and i guess i need to quit taking it so seriously . i have lost money games when i used to be a bar banger and never got as pissed as i did tonight.

Last edited:

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
Never i will never do that , Thats just crazy Now i have thown a cue or 2 on the room of my poolroom.. LOL

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once i was playing in a local bar for $5 a game. The guy i was playing was getting pretty upset. When he quit he threw the last $5 on the floor.

As i looked at it lieing there my friend bent over ti pick it up. When he bent over the guy i had been playing kicked him right in the head. Well a huge fight insued and after it was all over i walked over to the bar and was going to put my cue away.

My hands were so sweaty
I couldnt get it apart so i handed my cue to this big guy at the bar and asked him if he could break it apart for me. Well he said ok and then proceded to put my cue over his knee and break it right in half. The rest of what happened is another whole story.

Another time i was in a pool hall this was this guy who liked to act like a ninja every time he made a shot. Well one time after making a shot he accidently hit this huge guy who was playing next to him. The big guy grabbed the wrong end of the cue and took it frim the ninja guy and slammed it on the table breaking it in half. Well this little ninja guy picked up the butt end if his broken cue and went to town on the huge guy with it. We had to pull him off the guy or he would have killed with it.

spatlese44

Registered
I saw a guy smack his cue against a chair or something (can't remember exactly). It was one of those home-run swings and clearly was going to break the cue. Odd thing was, the shaft survived and the butt broke a few inches from the joint. In case your wondering, the point of impact was about halfway down the shaft. This was a pretty nice stick. I-core maybe? Didn't really feel like asking, though it did calm him down a little.

Something to think about if you've got a low deflection shaft.

9 on the snap

Budweiser fears me
Silver Member
No, I respect my equipment. Especially one of a kind works of art from an expert craftsman who I respect a great deal. I love my cue, and would sooner break one of my arms.

Raider510

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I put a size 13 dent into my right rear quarter panel on my car after one frustrating night. Better that than my cue :)

barboxbanks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one time and I'm still ashamed of it. I was entered in a blind draw scotch doubles 8 ball tourny. I drew a decent player and we went undefeated to the hill. I had left my partner dead straight on the 8 about 10 inches from the corner pocket. He gets down on the shot and fires. I bet it wasn't 5 seconds total from when the cue ball stopped and he fired at it. Needless to say he missed it by about 3 inches, essentially "chunking" it. Our opponents get to the table, sink the 8.. win the toss for the next break and run out. My partner's STUPID mistake cost us $500 ... He then turned around, shrugged his shoulders and says "I'm sorry man, it was a good run while it lasted" .... At this point I take my Schon and slam the butt of the cue into the floor and just go off on him.. splits the butt of the cue clean up into the forearm, being more pissed now over my knee it went.

I think I recall telling him that he better be thankful the cue went over my knee and not up his ass.

gluton1

Schaller Custom Cues
Silver Member
I've snapped a couple of shafts in my time but it probably had something to do with one of these fine gentlemen
IMG_20120503_044922.jpg

Pangit

Banned
No, I respect my equipment. Especially one of a kind works of art from an expert craftsman who I respect a great deal. I love my cue, and would sooner break one of my arms.

Well said, after all, it's not the cue's fault. What's the time honored proverb? ...|A Craftsman never, ever, blames his tools. Something like that?