What's the weirdest bet you've made/seen in a pool hall?

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back around 1970-71 Detroit Whitey came into the Family Fund Center in Denver. Action was slow and it got late.
He drove an old pickup tuck with a cmper shel on it and filled with dogs. Llate that night all the bs bagan and he agreed to perform oral sex on one of his female dogs for I think $25.
He went out to his truck, got the dog and set her up on the billiard table and wwent to work.
It was the weirdest, sickest thing I ever saw and nearly puked. I was very concerned why I would stick around and witness such an event/.
I think, I think SJD was there at the time??

That is the sickest of the sick, the police should of been called and that peice of filth should of been locked up forever.

And for anybody to sit there in witness that is just f ing crazy.

Wish i would of been there, i would of beat that no good mother f er as soon as he touched that animal!

Makes one wonder how many other sick things did that pos do.

Thats just something nobody has the right to do, you dont f with children or animals, they cant protect their selfs!

Wonder how many lifes Whitey destroyed, cause if he did that to an animal, iam sure he did worst to a little child, that was left unprotected from monsters like Whitey.

I wish this was never posted, your post!

Nothing against you iromman, but Whitey was one sick son of *****!

Last edited:

demon627

Most know me as Branson
Silver Member
After reading some of this stuff, this story seems pretty crappy, but it was insanely funny at the time.

When i was like 16, my sister, who was older than me and had license, took me and a few friends to the local pool hall here in Elkin NC in her tiny Dodge Neon. 5 of us went including her so it was pretty packed. My buddy Jesse got the idea that since it was late, we should all go to the local 24h restaurant to get something to eat. Well at this point our group had about 8 people in it that we had to squeeze in a Dodge Neon. We did it with Jesse having to ride in the trunk. My sister being the jokester she is, decided to hit every bump on the way and find the railroad tracks to make it rough on jesse in the trunk. We finally get to the restaurant 10 minutes later only to find that Jesse, the one that suggested we go eat, had lost all his money at pool and had no money to eat. Him being my best friend, i offered to buy his food. he declines my offer, and several others that offered. Instead, our other friend ricky, offers him $5 to eat a black and mild cigar to be able to purchase his food. Challenge accepted. He ate the cigar, and ordered him a hotdog and fries, only to spend the rest of the time at the restaurant puking in the parking lot while his food got cold. It was pretty hilarious back then to all of us. Good Times.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
After reading some of this stuff, this story seems pretty crappy, but it was insanely funny at the time.

When i was like 16, my sister, who was older than me and had license, took me and a few friends to the local pool hall here in Elkin NC in her tiny Dodge Neon. 5 of us went including her so it was pretty packed. My buddy Jesse got the idea that since it was late, we should all go to the local 24h restaurant to get something to eat. Well at this point our group had about 8 people in it that we had to squeeze in a Dodge Neon. We did it with Jesse having to ride in the trunk. My sister being the jokester she is, decided to hit every bump on the way and find the railroad tracks to make it rough on jesse in the trunk. We finally get to the restaurant 10 minutes later only to find that Jesse, the one that suggested we go eat, had lost all his money at pool and had no money to eat. Him being my best friend, i offered to buy his food. he declines my offer, and several others that offered. Instead, our other friend ricky, offers him $5 to eat a black and mild cigar to be able to purchase his food. Challenge accepted. He ate the cigar, and ordered him a hotdog and fries, only to spend the rest of the time at the restaurant puking in the parking lot while his food got cold. It was pretty hilarious back then to all of us. Good Times.

Reading that made saliva build up in my mouth and nearly brought up a gag reflex. But it DID make me feel closer to an intelligent specie. :thumbup:

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That sounds disgusting to most but I used to play in a pill pool game almost every night. One of the players chewed tobacco. He didn't buy chewing tobacco though but cigars that he would break in half and stuff in his mouth. He would walk around carrying this big cup he would spit in. It would be over flowing before he would go empty it.

It never bothered me and I was always winning money in the game so you would have needed a gun to chase me away. A lot of guys though could not even be near him when that cup was about to overflow with that brown goo that came from him mouth.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back around 1970-71 Detroit Whitey came into the Family Fund Center in Denver. Action was slow and it got late.
He drove an old pickup tuck with a cmper shel on it and filled with dogs. Llate that night all the bs bagan and he agreed to perform oral sex on one of his female dogs for I think $25.
He went out to his truck, got the dog and set her up on the billiard table and wwent to work.
It was the weirdest, sickest thing I ever saw and nearly puked. I was very concerned why I would stick around and witness such an event/.
I think, I think SJD was there at the time??

I have heard that story before. I met him a few times and always wondered how true it was.

nickynewark

talk about a weird game and bet/ lol

Ok here is my one and only very odd game and bet
race to 5 / = 9 ball /
$ 500.00 bet/ me and a tall dude called slim / it was July of 1973 // at the pool parlor on rt 1 in Lawrenceville NJ / also had a lot of bowling lanes / what made it so odd was we both had to play one handed / 5 to one for nickynewark / lights out slim /
have a great day all

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Stories like this last a life time, great story about the good ole days!

Man i miss the 80s and 90s life style, pool was so good then and pool halls all over the place!

billf59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in about 67 I saw two guy's bet 20 bucks that a man there by the name Luke could cover 8 silver dollars with his ding dong and if Luke covered them he got the coins well Luke got the money

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is the sickest of the sick, the police should of been called and that peice of filth should of been locked up forever.

And for anybody to sit there in witness that is just f ing crazy.

Wish i would of been there, i would of beat that no good mother f er as soon as he touched that animal!

Makes one wonder how many other sick things did that pos do.

Thats just something nobody has the right to do, you dont f with children or animals, they cant protect their selfs!

Wonder how many lifes Whitey destroyed, cause if he did that to an animal, iam sure he did worst to a little child, that was left unprotected from monsters like Whitey.

I wish this was never posted, your post!

Nothing against you iromman, but Whitey was one sick son of *****!
I cnat argue with points.

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was in a poolhall in Houston about 10 years ago that had black and white vinyl checkerboard looking floors. Two guys started betting $100 a thrown that a quarter thrown up and over a pool table light would land in either a black or white square. If it touched a line the bet would push. One of them called it quits when he lost $500.

A friend of mine took a $20 bet to snort a pack of Equal (sugar substitute). He choked and coughed for about 15 minutes straight after he did it.

Jpowell7575

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man walks into the poolroom and bets he will smash his finger or let anybody smash one of his fingers with a hammer. He couldn't scream out or even flinch. Busted the house.
Allen Keel bet he could make balls on tables across from where he was playing. They were long or length of 2 table shots with space between the tables. He busted the house.
Pensacola
Dick Hunzicker would bet break and run 9ball even money until you quit. Not the ghost. Break and run. All balls had to be made before he could pocket the 9. Never lost that bet. Sooner or later they all pulled up.
Seen some crazy stuff.
Throwing a quarter and making it land on a stool. Danny Grear-Alias..
Shooting a center of the table ball on a 12x6 one handed jacked up corner hooked. Triple shimed smallest pockets on the planet. Rick Howard
The cracker bet.
The sit like you are in an invisable chair against the wall bet. Winner went to the hospital.
14-1 break and run used the froze rail shot as a break shot. Allen Keel.
The bet I can run 9ball racks until everyone quits the ring game. Allen Keel.
Mighty Foo bet he would pick up and hold a bar table at his waiste for 2 minuites. He didn't weigh 180 pounds. Winner He could only use one hand.
I bet I could bet I could bench press everything they had on the bar in the back of this old poolroom. No one could do it and most everyone trying was 70 lbs or more bigger than me. Winner. It wasn't even 400 lbs!
Nick :)

Why did the winner of the sit in the invisible chair bet go to the hospital?

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
At the 2005 iowa state pool tournament i witness two huge guys (one was 400+the other 350+) race each other up an escalator that is going down,needless to say the bigger guy won the 1000$and another 750$and on side action....

Was this a guy named big pun?

Kaydon

Registered
Weirdest bet at a pool hall.

Everyone has either won or lost money flipping quarters but here is one I think no one will have heard of.
About 20 years ago I was in a room where one guy bet another that he could call which side of a quarter landed on heads or tails from across the room. There was no way that this guy could see the face of the quarter being at least 20 feet away so the other guy agreed to the bet. Neither guy knew me and asked me if I would flip it for them so I took a quarter out of my pocket, walked across the room, tossed it in the air and let the guy call it after it had hit the floor. First one he got wrong and he lost a $100.00. Second he got right and won his money back and the fish was hooked. We played this little game for about 20 or 30 minutes and by the time it was all said and done the guy who was doing the calling was up $3500.00. Naturally I got blamed for tipping the guy who was doing the calling to which side landed up which is what makes it weird. I did not know either one of them and had no horse in the race. I thought that was the dumbest bet I had ever seen, but I was willing to watch someone lose money.
Quite some time after that I saw this guy who had won all the money in that little bet in a bar, he was quite inebriated. I ask him what the secret was to this quarter flipping thing cause there is always a secret. He shared it with me and it really does work. He also shared with me that back in the 50's and 60's this was a common bet for people in pool room, but the secret had gotten out so there was no fun in it any longer. Just so happened that this was the 90's and the guy that he was betting against had never heard of the bet. Cost the guy $3500.00 and he never did figure out how that old man could call a heads or tales from 30 feet across the room.

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you could see the side of the quarter you might be able to tell. Half copper/half silver. Just a guess

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
Everyone has either won or lost money flipping quarters but here is one I think no one will have heard of.
About 20 years ago I was in a room where one guy bet another that he could call which side of a quarter landed on heads or tails from across the room. There was no way that this guy could see the face of the quarter being at least 20 feet away so the other guy agreed to the bet. Neither guy knew me and asked me if I would flip it for them so I took a quarter out of my pocket, walked across the room, tossed it in the air and let the guy call it after it had hit the floor. First one he got wrong and he lost a $100.00. Second he got right and won his money back and the fish was hooked. We played this little game for about 20 or 30 minutes and by the time it was all said and done the guy who was doing the calling was up $3500.00. Naturally I got blamed for tipping the guy who was doing the calling to which side landed up which is what makes it weird. I did not know either one of them and had no horse in the race. I thought that was the dumbest bet I had ever seen, but I was willing to watch someone lose money.
Quite some time after that I saw this guy who had won all the money in that little bet in a bar, he was quite inebriated. I ask him what the secret was to this quarter flipping thing cause there is always a secret. He shared it with me and it really does work. He also shared with me that back in the 50's and 60's this was a common bet for people in pool room, but the secret had gotten out so there was no fun in it any longer. Just so happened that this was the 90's and the guy that he was betting against had never heard of the bet. Cost the guy $3500.00 and he never did figure out how that old man could call a heads or tales from 30 feet across the room.

And the trick is?