SBE Question

thekid14

Registered
Ive never been to the Super Billiards Expo but heard that you find some great deals there. I am going for one day, and was curious if 500 was a decent amount to take with me. Im looking for a nice sneaky pete or plain jane (doesnt matter the maker, depends on if i like the hit) and maybe a predator or tiger x shaft. also do the cue makers allow you to test hit with their cues to see what the hit is like? The only custom cue that i have hit with that i like so far is my Bludworth (ive only hit with 3 or 4 customs) and i would like to see what else is out there. Thank you

Mike

gregoryg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Depends on where you are...

Whether you can hit balls with the cue you want to try depends on where in the Expo you are. The only place for sure that you can hit with a cue is in the cuemakers gallery, they have a table for their use to let prospective buyers try their cues. Don't know how many cues in the price range you mentioned that they might have, most of their stuff is on the high end of the cue spectrum. Some of the other dealers may have access to a table, it's hit and miss, you have to look and see where the tables are in relation to the cue you want to try.

Drew

Got a little dog in you?
Silver Member
thekid14 said:
thank you for your help. like i said ive never been there so i guess ill just see what happens

bring your $500. Find a sucker. Bet your $500. Win. Now you have $1000

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Drew said:
bring your $500. Find a sucker. Bet your $500. Win. Now you have $1000

as much of a cest pool of gambling there is there, its never that easy.......

chris

Chris Byrne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stop by my booth #20 on the lower level. I will have a pool table in the booth and you can try out whatever cue I have that tickles your fancy. I should have several in your price range. Chris.

seymore15074

So what are you saying?
Silver Member
I've heard that those "great deals" are still marked up higher than my local dealer. I'll do my purchasing here, and my mingling there.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cash is better than plastic. Dealers are more likely to make a deal. You can only get into the show with cash. I think $300 -400 would get you a great sneaky pete. Just about everyone will let you try a cue. I can't image buying a cue without trying it out first. There are several independant dealers who sell a variety of cue, some production like predator, schon, or viking as well as custom cues. They may be your best bet. Then there are the companies selling their own cues. Fury has had a big area to try their cues with two tables to try them out. So does Predator as well as some others. In the past there were some tables for people to bring cues over and try them out. You will have a great time there. I have heard that some of the independant dealers are more likely to make a deal late sunday. They don't want to take anything home. The problem is that the selection is sometimes reduced by late sunday.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Buying a cue ...

If it is a brand new unchalked cue, most will only let you test hit it unchalked, as some people consider a chalked cue 'used'.

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
thekid14 said:
Ive never been to the Super Billiards Expo but heard that you find some great deals there. I am going for one day, and was curious if 500 was a decent amount to take with me. Im looking for a nice sneaky pete or plain jane (doesnt matter the maker, depends on if i like the hit) and maybe a predator or tiger x shaft. also do the cue makers allow you to test hit with their cues to see what the hit is like? The only custom cue that i have hit with that i like so far is my Bludworth (ive only hit with 3 or 4 customs) and i would like to see what else is out there. Thank you

Mike

At the Tiger booth, we do have a 7-foot Diamond Pool Table and the new Tiger Sneaky Pete's available so you can try before you buy. We also usually offer a "show special" discount (I don't know the price yet).

We are in booths 114-116.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
CrownCityCorey said:
At the Tiger booth, we do have a 7-foot Diamond Pool Table and the new Tiger Sneaky Pete's available so you can try before you buy. We also usually offer a "show special" discount (I don't know the price yet).

We are in booths 114-116.
Hey Corey do you know the prices for wraps?

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
thekid14 said:

Mike
There will be a table in one of the ten International Cuemakers Association Booths in L11 through L20. I will let you test hit with one of my cues. $500 would take one of my full pslice wrapless cues with some inlay work, but $595 minus your 10% $59.95 AZ billiards discount would get you a nicer one. So I would say carry $600.
Chris
www.hightowercues.com
www.internationalcuemakers.com