The Pro Billiards Tour

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been looking around for some information regarding this tour. Lots of videos on YouTube from their events but again, no info such as how many events the tour consisted of, how many years it ran and what their formats were.

Was it just a Texas express 9 ball tour with no added rules like break boxes?

Would really like to read up more on it if anyone has info.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Been looking around for some information regarding this tour. Lots of videos on YouTube from their events but again, no info such as how many events the tour consisted of, how many years it ran and what their formats were.

If you really are interested in the history of the game, there is a great resource available to you if you are a gold member of AZB: an archive of The National Billiard News from 1964 to about 2005 in the "Gold Mine" which is open to gold members.

Alternatively, if you would like back issues of your own of Billiards Digest, Pool & Billiard or Inside Pool (along with NBN), I have those.

For the mid-1980s, you could check out the four or five years of Accu-stats statistical reports of all the pro tournaments somewhere on sfbilliards.com. Free.

Last edited:

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Not the Texas Express 9-Ball Tour.
We were a National Tour that was open to the public.
I might add that this was a great Tour in America.
Sponsored by McDermott.

randyg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not the Texas Express 9-Ball Tour.
We were a National Tour that was open to the public.
I might add that this was a great Tour in America.
Sponsored by McDermott.

randyg
Hey RG, was the Huebler Cup in '91 one of those or a separate deal?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ran from about '93 to 2000. 9ball mainly with a couple 8b events tossed in iirc. It was a helluva deal while it lasted. All the big names and locals in each city played in it. Search " pro pool and Don Mackey" and you'll find pretty much why it died. Don't know who may have any decent records of the tour. Jay Helfert knows as much and more about that tour as anybody and he may chime in on this.

Last edited:

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ran from about '93 to 2000. 9ball mainly with a couple 8b events tossed in iirc. It was a helluva deal while it lasted. All the big names and locals in each city played in it. Search " pro pool and Don Mackey" and you'll find pretty much why it died. Don't know who may have any decent records of the tour. Jay Helfert knows as much and more about that tour as anybody and he may chime in on this.

How about Scott Smith?

randyg

Ratamon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I should have some time to spare second half of January and will try to go through my old magazines and post up some info. There were some great matches on the tour - Davenport coming back from 4-10 against Archer (semis of 1994 I think) and the neck-and-neck race between Reyes and Rempe (1996). The latter is my all time favourite 9-ball match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
is there a list of winners somewhere?
Not that I know of. You would have to include most of the US pro events from about 1984 to about 2000. There are various bits and pieces of tour rankings on-line but nothing that looks organized and complete.