Book Finally Coming?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Be my guest. Spill the HOW and the WHY.

Stan and a ton of others can make his existing instructions work.

Brian is out as he has already publicly stated that he can’t make his HOW description work except for certain cut angles.

Stan has his existing HOW instructions covered. Stan can demonstrate them and can explain in uncanny detail how the underpinnings of his instruction since 2010 work for arriving at center cue ball.

Connie Shuffett

Ref the bold, for the record.... My "HOW" is Stan's how. Thats a weird sentence. Anyway, it's exactly as described and demonstrated by him. The fact that I can't "make" it work on every cut angle is simply because I haven't invested the time it takes to program my brain to make it work for every cut angle.

For example, there's a cool 15 ball curtain video on Stan's YouTube channel. I can make all of those shots using manual CTE because there are only 5 or 6 cut angles used in that video. Sure, there are 15 shots total, about half to the left corner and half to the right corner, but many of those shots are the exact same cut angle setup/staged in a different position.

None of this matters... I do think it will be very beneficial to many players if the truth series and book provide fresh/improved methods of making the system work without having to hit 500 to a 1000 balls per day before it really starts clicking. If it requires that much practice, it is utilizing a little thing called neuroplasticity, which involves programming the brain to recognize and recall data needed to help build and strengthen new synaptic connections/pathways that allow us to perform complex skills with very little awareness of exactly how we are doing it. It's a fascinating subject, but not exactly engaging conversation for the aiming forum.

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Be my guest. Spill the HOW and the WHY.

Stan and a ton of others can make his existing instructions work.

Brian is out as he has already publicly stated that he can’t make his HOW description work except for certain cut angles.

Stan has his existing HOW instructions covered. Stan can demonstrate them and can explain in uncanny detail how the underpinnings of his instruction since 2010 work for arriving at center cue ball.

Connie Shuffett

Connie, I might have missed it as I haven't looked through all the pages. But any idea when Stan will be releasing The Truth Series ?
Thanks

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ref the bold, for the record.... My "HOW" is Stan's how. Thats a weird sentence. Anyway, it's exactly as described and demonstrated by him. The fact that I can't "make" it work on every cut angle is simply because I haven't invested the time it takes to program my brain to make it work for every cut angle.

For example, there's a cool 15 ball curtain video on Stan's YouTube channel. I can make all of those shots using manual CTE because there are only 5 or 6 cut angles used in that video. Sure, there are 15 shots total, about half to the left corner and half to the right corner, but many of those shots are the exact same cut angle setup/staged in a different position.

None of this matters... I do think it will be very beneficial to many players if the truth series and book provide fresh/improved methods of making the system work without having to hit 500 to a 1000 balls per day before it really starts clicking. If it requires that much practice, it is utilizing a little thing called neuroplasticity, which involves programming the brain to recognize and recall data needed to help build and strengthen new synaptic connections/pathways that allow us to perform complex skills with very little awareness of exactly how we are doing it. It's a fascinating subject, but not exactly engaging conversation for the aiming forum.

Your “How description” is weak with many gaps when it comes to actual application. And yes, you can make it work by feel and that’s where we part ways. You have stated more than once that it only works for certain cut angles. So, you’re OUT! Obviously, spitting out a bunch of words doesn’t mean a thing if your understanding is lacking and it certainly is. There’s not a soul on this planet that you can successfully teach center cue ball CTE to.You can teach feel with the best of’em. Unfortunately, the demand for Guesswork CTE is largely shelved these days. Thank goodness!

Brian, just drop CTE and don’t worry about others and what they’ll have to do. You’re as lost as lost can be with CTE.

Not going to keep spinning this wheel.

Connie Shuffett

Last edited:

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Connie, I might have missed it as I haven't looked through all the pages. But any idea when Stan will be releasing The Truth Series ?
Thanks

Here’s how it will unfold.
Stan’s website will be newly reconstructed prior to his book release.
Stan’s Truth Series will be released at about the same time as his book, perhaps a day before.

Connie Shuffett

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
The contradictions and self-defeating arguments are enough for a book itself.
Good Lord.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

https://www.facebook.com/venomtrick.../UzpfSTEwMzkxOTcwNjk6MTAyMTgwMzU0Njk1NzE4MzM/

How does Florian make them from all different locations? He obviously doesn't care about bridge length or ball location. Just gets the visual and does his half tip pivot. And he is a very raw beginner at CTE.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well shoot.

Clearly we must do a better job of vetting participants here. Perhaps we should organize a screening committee, develop a questionnaire, and conduct interviews. When deemed necessary the committee might want to do further background checks. In any case, at a minimum, they could certify qualified posters for the Aiming Forum and issue identification papers.

Lou Figueroa

This from the guy that wanted meaningful discussions on here a few days ago. How do you suppose we make that happen with this new attitude.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
https://www.facebook.com/venomtrick.../UzpfSTEwMzkxOTcwNjk6MTAyMTgwMzU0Njk1NzE4MzM/

How does Florian make them from all different locations? He obviously doesn't care about bridge length or ball location. Just gets the visual and does his half tip pivot. And he is a very raw beginner at CTE.

Because he is an experienced player. It's obvious that he just knows the shot lines and just steps up and shoots, like many of us do. It sure doesn't appear that he takes any time to get visuals. I mean on most shots he never stops moving long enough to actually get a "perception". He just recognizes the shot and steps straight into it.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member

Well, you can always bet him.
He decides if you win or lose. He'll be the judge , jury , appeals court and supreme court.
Then one can argue, after watching two dvd's of him demonstrating plus countless videos , and you still can't explain that thingy, his videos failed.
Then again, the new truth series will show that whole thing for the FIRST TIME .
Too bad it will only be available to those who bought the dvd's on their record. Used dvd buyers don't count.
4,000 dvd's were sold. I guess only 4,000 books will be available.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Your “How description” is weak with many gaps when it comes to actual application. And yes, you can make it work by feel and that’s where we part ways. You have stated more than once that it only works for certain cut angles. So, you’re OUT! Obviously, spitting out a bunch of words doesn’t mean a thing if your understanding is lacking and it certainly is. There’s not a soul on this planet that you can successfully teach center cue ball CTE to.You can teach feel with the best of’em. Unfortunately, the demand for Guesswork CTE is largely shelved these days. Thank goodness!

Brian, just drop CTE and don’t worry about others and what they’ll have to do. You’re as lost as lost can be with CTE.

Not going to keep spinning this wheel.

Connie Shuffett

My description matches this...

Understand that CTE is a visual system.....repeat VISUAL SYSTEM.

For a given CTE visual......a fixed cue ball is established, VISUALLY.....the fixed edges allow a CCB to be determined. The 1/2 tip pivot or sweep is based on a FIXED CUE BALL....

How one executes the physical end of the rotation to CCB is up to one's level of experience with CTE pivoting....

The rotational closure can be in the form of

Manual 1/2 tip pivot
Visual sweep
Full circle approach
Or
By use of a disguised pivot.

At the foundation of all of the above are the visuals.

My wife can learn the visuals for a 15 but that does not mean she can effectively rotate to CCB......at least not in the beginning.

Stan Shuffett

I will drop it. Just hoping the system in the truth series and book will not be described like this above, which is also how I described the system, though for some reason I am wrong or weak in my understanding of it, even though many have used and benefited from this exact description for years now.

It is a bit stubborn and egotistical for Stan to insist that no one else in the world, besides him, can understand or figure out Hal Houle's CTE unless Stan himself is the one to show and explain it to them.:eek:

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because he is an experienced player. It's obvious that he just knows the shot lines and just steps up and shoots, like many of us do. It sure doesn't appear that he takes any time to get visuals. I mean on most shots he never stops moving long enough to actually get a "perception". He just recognizes the shot and steps straight into it.

Now that's being plain old stubborn. He clearly is using a half tip pivot. No where in his past has a half tip pivot been part of his shot picture. Perception visuals in CTE don't take any time at all to see. You see a shot picture i see a visual perception. Same time frame. He recognizes the visual, steps into it, does a half tip pivot, then shoots. Are you saying you can't see him actually doing the pivot?

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Now that's being plain old stubborn. He clearly is using a half tip pivot. No where in his past has a half tip pivot been part of his shot picture. Perception visuals in CTE don't take any time at all to see. You see a shot picture i see a visual perception. Same time frame. He recognizes the visual, steps into it, does a half tip pivot, then shoots. Are you saying you can't see him actually doing the pivot?

Just saying on some shots it looks like he just shoots like an old school "noser", straightforward from directly behind the cb. Could be out of habit, since he is new with CTE.

Here's my theory...if you are an experienced enough player to recognize the shot line, then you can easily make your pivot or sweep land on that line. The system gets you close, then your experience connects you to the shot. I admit, it's just a theory.

Last edited:

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The thing that worries me the most is this....what if ALL the people who paid hard cash for the early DVDs realize they have been hoodwinked. Will they want their money back?

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My description matches this...

I will drop it. Just hoping the system in the truth series and book will not be described like this above, which is also how I described the system, though for some reason I am wrong or weak in my understanding of it, even though many have used and benefited from this exact description for years now.

It is a bit stubborn and egotistical for Stan to insist that no one else in the world, besides him, can understand or figure out Hal Houle's CTE unless Stan himself is the one to show and explain it to them.:eek:

Stan’s description is an overview only. CTE is visual. All of the visual instructions were purposefully omitted.

Concerning Stan being egotistical about being the only person to know Hal’s CTE. It took a decade plus for Stan to figure it all out. If Stan figured Hal’s CTE out, you know the saying, If he did it, it ain’t bragging.

The only people that are privy to Hal’s exact CTE Truth Series information are the ones that I shared all of the details with. Having said that, there is no one PERIOD that knows all that Stan knows about Center to Edge. Not even close. No one has lived it for the past 15 years either. Not even close.

The beauty of it all is that everyone can know what Stan knows via his Truth Series and book. But remember, time at a table will be a must for acquiring true knowledge. CTE is very odd and different at first. It’s nothing like conventional aiming.

Connie Shuffett

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Stan’s description is an overview only. CTE is visual. All of the visual instructions were purposefully omitted.
Great.

The only people that are privy to Hal’s exact CTE Truth Series information are the ones that I shared all of the details with. Having said that, there is no one PERIOD that knows all that Stan knows about Center to Edge. Not even close. No one has lived it for the past 15 years either. Not even close.
Bravo!

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here’s how it will unfold.
Stan’s website will be newly reconstructed prior to his book release.
Stan’s Truth Series will be released at about the same time as his book, perhaps a day before.

Connie Shuffett

Thanks for the reply.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The thing that worries me the most is this....what if ALL the people who paid hard cash for the early DVDs realize they have been hoodwinked. Will they want their money back?

The issue of refunds for disgruntled DVD buyers was addressed a long time ago.

The answer was: No refunds.

Lou Figueroa
surprise

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The issue of refunds for disgruntled DVD buyers was addressed a long time ago.

The answer was: No refunds.

Lou Figueroa
surprise

Hmmm. So that's the way they roll, huh? I was thinking about buying the book, but I guess I'll just have to borrow it from a friend.

And as far as Christmas is concerned, I guess we'll just head back to warm socks and mittens. Oh well, there goes another great plan dashed on the craggy rocks of life.