SCAMMED! Need help from friends in Lexington, North Carolina to find my Schon LTD!

thubosky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
IMG_0542.jpg

Figured I'd post this in the for sale thread just in case the stick comes about for sale.

I posted an add on craigslist to sell my wrapless Schon LTD. And I said that I would consider trades for a new bow for archery.

Well I got talking to a guy in Lexington, NC and he was originally going to purchase my pool cue. But then we got talking about hunting and how I was looking to buy a new bow and that he had a Mathews bow that he would trade for my Schon.

I had great contact with him for a few days and I shipped out the cue Friday express mail. Thought he was doing the same, but when I called for my tracking number his phone was turned off.

He called himself Rusty Cannon. And he has an I.D. with that name on because the lady at the post office had to check it to give him the package. They didn't have cameras though, but she said he was an olive complection. And when he talked to me he had the biggest southern accent you can think of.

I also googled the address and the house is for sale there. It's on zillow. 113 Arbor Drive, Lexington, NC 27292

I don't know if maybe someone would recognize the stick if they saw it in a pool hall or bar in the area and maybe give me information to get the guys real name and everything to get him arrested or just to get something done about it. It's a rare Schon LTD wrapless so chances are its the guy who stole it if you see the stick.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
Contact your Postmaster. Sounds like mail fraud. They are pretty serious about this stuff.

Joe

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
Man, that sucks.....I'm sorry to read this. Lexington is over 3 hrs from me in TN but I'll certainly try to watch out for it. Hopefully some good AZers in Winston-Salem, Greensboro, or Charlotte can help be on the lookout at more local pool halls and pawn shops.

These kind of deals are tough to navigate, but imo there's always got to have someone driving the train. He wanted your cue, so the bow should've come for inspection first before the cue even went out. Hindsight is always 20/20 though.

Hope the postmaster gets him......that will not be fun for him.

You should also put this info in the 'Stolen Cues' sticky thread at the top of this forum.

Best of luck recovering it.

Sean

MediocrityNC

Ring game?
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Hate that this keeps happening to people here! I'm in Raleigh, NC so I'll be on the lookout as well in case he heads this way. I think it would be pretty easy to spot this cue if he takes it out, so hopefully somebody will find him!

thubosky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Hate that this keeps happening to people here! I'm in Raleigh, NC so I'll be on the lookout as well in case he heads this way. I think it would be pretty easy to spot this cue if he takes it out, so hopefully somebody will find him!

Yea hopefully one of you in North Carolina will see the guy out somewhere at the bar or a poolhall..I'm sure there aren't a whole lot of poolhalls around Lexington.

The guy was telling me about his autistic daughter and that his son was a quarterback and more worried about football and girls right now then hunting, or else he'd give his son the bow. And he said he bought a crossbow so he didn't need the compound bow anymore. I know I shouldn't have put so much trust into him, but I just like to try and believe there are honest people out there, and with all that this guy was telling me I had no reason to not believe him.

To be sure that the stick is mine, there is a nick right above the Schon logo on the butt. I have a lot of better pics, but I can't upload them. If someone can try and upload them for me I'd really appreciate it. But if you see that nick in the stick, call the police or something.
Thanks,
Tim

ArgMarks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Just seems like more and more scammers and douchebags coming around lately...I'm on another forum car related and same thing.....stolen car threads.....people acting shady...just sad and disappointing.

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
Call the local police in his home town. They will pay him a visit. I have had to do this to non payers on pool cues sold. I always got the cues back.

thubosky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Call the local police in his home town. They will pay him a visit. I have had to do this to non payers on pool cues sold. I always got the cues back.

I don't think it was his real name, Rusty Cannon, but he did say he was selling a predator sneaky Pete the old ones, with the green veneers and pre-cat shaft I believe. And I searched for it on Craigslist with his cell number and found that it said it was deleted. It did say though the town was Thomasville, North Carolina. So I'm thinking that is his real town.

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yea hopefully one of you in North Carolina will see the guy out somewhere at the bar or a poolhall..I'm sure there aren't a whole lot of poolhalls around Lexington.

The guy was telling me about his autistic daughter and that his son was a quarterback and more worried about football and girls right now then hunting, or else he'd give his son the bow. And he said he bought a crossbow so he didn't need the compound bow anymore. I know I shouldn't have put so much trust into him, but I just like to try and believe there are honest people out there, and with all that this guy was telling me I had no reason to not believe him.

To be sure that the stick is mine, there is a nick right above the Schon logo on the butt. I have a lot of better pics, but I can't upload them. If someone can try and upload them for me I'd really appreciate it. But if you see that nick in the stick, call the police or something.
Thanks,
Tim

Just a suggestion....go to the Triad APA website ans ask for help....more than likely you will get help.

http://triad.apaleagues.com/

RyanTheImpaler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I want a P.I. Job... In Hawaii!!

I searched for the address on 411.com and it came back to a Angela C. Cannon (first link) but no phone number. A separate search for "Rusty Cannon" led to the address for the second link below.

Address search led to this: http://www.411.com/name/Angela-C-Cannon/Lexington-NC/6x395f4

"Rusty Cannon" Search lead to this: http://www.411.com/name/Rusty-Cannon/Lexington-NC/30hvhbx

I don't have a mylife account but if anybody does, here is a link for a Rusty Cannon on mylife.com: http://www.mylife.com/dnt636332554uj

Good luck with everything!

half fast bankr

Purist / Traditionalist
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
even though his number has been disconnected, you can try googling it for more dirt and detail. Also, it's not likely he disconnected his number just to scam a cue. It's quite possible he's just a broke bum and once he gets enough money together, he may pay his phone bill and have it turned back on. Just a thought...

thubosky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
even though his number has been disconnected, you can try googling it for more dirt and detail. Also, it's not likely he disconnected his number just to scam a cue. It's quite possible he's just a broke bum and once he gets enough money together, he may pay his phone bill and have it turned back on. Just a thought...

As soon as he got his tracking number he said he would get mine from his wife since he had work and that his wife shipped the hunting bow out. So i gave him his tracking number and I tried calling a couple hours later and his phone was off. And then the next day it was disconnected. Also, the house address is a house for sale. Also, the post lady said someone from that address called and said they could just come and pick up the package I sent. So the postman delivery guy never went to the house because he would have never left it at an empty house thats for sale.

It's definitely a big scam. He gave me an email that he isn't responding to. My friend works at verizon and she said once the phone is disconnected that there isn't much they can do, in 30 days the number will be available for someone else to use.

Slim Limpy

Rating - 100%
8   0   0

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 860
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 849
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 860
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 845
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 840
Last edited:

worktheknight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Sent photo's to pool shooters in NC, they will circulate to all league players in the state. Try and find APA, VNEA, BCA, and other league directors and see if they will post photo's of your cue on their league score web sites. You can reach hundreds of helpful eyes that way. Just a thought as your local league administrators could contact the local adminsitrators of that area.