Best Annual Event By State

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Pool Tournaments.

Each state has one or two that should not be missed.

In your state, which event would that be, and which month is it held each year?

Last edited:

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Texas Open in Round Rock every September and Houston Open in League City the next weekend.

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Missouri State Amateur 9 ball. Held the week after the Superbowl for over 30 years. A great tournament played on gold crowns using round robin format to qualify and double elimination for the final 16.

Richard Kapela

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Georgia doesn't have much, so I'm going to say the Richard Sweet Memorial event at Mr. Cue's around the 4th of July. It's four days, and four separate events. This year was the 8th year, and it has attracted some pretty good competition over the years.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Carom Room Classic is a hell of a event in Wisconsin and it starts this Wednesday.

And this year it's even bigger and better than ever.

They added a One Pocket division this year and more added money than ever.

Always a great event with a 100 % payback . No extra fees of any kind for the players-No green fees-No Quarters-And 100% payback on the players Auction.

It's a star studded field with a true $12,000 in total added money.

All three events have super strong full fields of top guys

One Pocket event starts Wednesday September 20th @ 6pm central

10 Ball starts Friday @ 6pm

$500 entry mini 10 Ball starts @ 9:30 pm Saturday night.

Last years Carom Room Fall Classic Champ, The Lion Alex Pagulayan is back to defend the title this year.

ALEX PAGULAYAN 2016 CAROM ROOM FALL CLASSIC CHAMP.jpg

Check out this list of Killers in the One Pocket event starting this Wednesday night.

carom room.jpg

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Nevada?....too many to mention.
If you can't find something to play in there, you're probably at the bottom of Lake Mead,
...wearing cement shoes.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Georgia doesn't have much, so I'm going to say the Richard Sweet Memorial event at Mr. Cue's around the 4th of July. It's four days, and four separate events. This year was the 8th year, and it has attracted some pretty good competition over the years.
Ditto; I almost posted the same.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
White Diamond event in Louisiana they have it twice a year is prolly the best bar table event on the planet.

qopHN_Y1NhPZ1GBAV5plrw_r.jpg

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Annual Great Dismal Swamp 9 Ball Classic Oct 13,14,15 Elizabeth City, Nc

Played on 9ft Gold Crowns they have a limited field of 32 but check out the talent on this players list full of world class players :)

20626139_1755406631156087_1769841001345216015_o.jpg

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
PA. Super Billiards Expo. Many tournaments inside that weekend!
I'm technically in DE now, but not by much!:D

poolwhiz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somebody sponser a big tournament in Ga. and i'll come out of retirement to play. By the way, Rick is going to play in the United Open. Larry Hayes

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Pueblo

Larry, what's the United Open? We have a Dr. Cue event in CO each year, 2k added pros not allowed, tho Massey and Rossman are allowed, both got knocked out last year. March each year....after leagues are done, before the summer heat. Large Calcutta. NM boys win it once in awhile. Generally trophy stays in Pueblo, tough action 8 ball bar table town, since the 50's. Entry I think $60 and all Diamonds and tables are Open, no quarters needed. 128 max, usually fills.

Last edited:

poolwhiz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My bad. Just following up on tournaments in Ga. by Richard Kapela. He's playing in the United States Open. Go Rick.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Don Coates Memorial Tournament held at Brass Tap and Billiards in Raleigh, N.C. gets my vote for my home state. The inaugural event was held in April of 2016 while the second one was held August of this year.

Keith

wimpy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In North Carolina The Great Dismal Swamp 9 Ball Classic held each October in Luther Lassiter's hometown of Elizabeth City. Of course I am partial to that event because that's my home room. ☺☺ The poolroom is tiny, but the players seem to enjoy it. The atmosphere is very laid back, and the food cooked out front on the grille is great. Plus it's a really good paying event for such a cheap entry fee, a lot of added money.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
New York City and some of the surrounding counties account for 65% of the New York state population. It's easier NYC residents to travel to SBX near Philly than Turningstone.

NYC, Tri-State (NYC,NJ,CT)
2016 Ginky Memorial drew 244 players (amateur and pro) over a 3 day weekend.

There are also other events, 14.1 World at Steinway and this $18K added by Gotham Billiards 3rd annual 9-ball classic.

https://www.gothamcitybilliards.com/

Turning Stone...twice a year....New York

Indiana....DCC

Last edited: