Can't stay logged in

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Each time I leave the forum I lose my logged in status and have to re-enter my info. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you solve it? Mitch

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
I presume you are using a computer (things are similar but slightly different on a phone)? Off the top of my head, and you probably already know this but just in case, make sure you check mark the "Remember Me?" box before you log in, otherwise you will have to log in again every time you come back to the forum after having closed your browser or the AzBilliards tab.

Also, your log in info is stored in a cookie, and that stored cookie is what keeps you "logged in" even after you leave the forum. If you delete all your cookies, it automatically "logs you out" so to speak since it deletes the cookie that was storing your log in information and therefore the next time you come back you will have to manually log in again as a result.

Even if you didn't manually delete your cookies, you may have have software running such as CCleaner or something similar that is deleting your cookies on a set schedule. In your browser there is an option to white list any websites for which you never want the cookies deleted, so just place azbilliards.com and forums.azbilliards.com in that "cookies to keep" white list so that it doesn't delete those specific cookies even when you manually delete all the rest of your cookies with the browser. Similarly, CCleaner and other similar software also have a way to permanently white list/keep selected cookies even when the rest are deleted. It will be somewhere in the options of the software.

Most obvious of all, and just in case you were having a brain fart of the type that happens to us all from time to time, make sure you aren't logging out of AzBilliards when you leave. As long as you had "Remember Me?" check marked when you logged in you should not have to log in again if you last left AzBilliards by closing the browser, closing the AzBilliards tab, or even shutting down the computer, but you will have to log in again if you left AzBilliards by logging out.

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Poolplaya9. I didn't realize that cookies held the login info. Some how got cleared on my browser closing but all is good now. I use a wayback brain. Mitch

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Thanks, Poolplaya9. I didn't realize that cookies held the login info. Some how got cleared on my browser closing but all is good now. I use a wayback brain. Mitch

Your welcome. Depending on your browser and the version, your browser may also be automatically clearing your cookies every time you close your browser. It is a setting that you can turn on or off. The following page will help you determine if your current browser settings are set to do this, or you can do a google search for something like "how to automatically delete cookies when I exit xxxxx browser" if this one doesn't have the instructions you need: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2324-WOKN-3636

If your browser is auto deleting cookies at close you could just turn that function off, but unless you will remember to delete them all manually reasonably often I am not sure that I would. It is generally a good idea to have all your cookies cleared periodically because it can reduce the number of minor issues you have and can help to keep your computer running at its best.

The better optiion IMO is just to add azbilliards.com and forums.azbilliards.com to your "cookies to keep" white list so that they never get deleted when you delete all your cookies manually or when the browser does it for you when it closes (one way or the other just make sure all the rest of your cookies get deleted periodically). Also make sure you add any other sites that have settings or log in information that you want to keep to your "cookies to keep" white list also.