Silver Member
write a very short story about My Favorite Pool Cue I ever Had

say 2 or 3 paragraphs

Win a Duck or Batman

Archie if a girl wins,my daughters liked Archie

old archie not modern archie

ALTERNATE SUBJECT

WHAT I LOOK FOR IN A CUE
Enuff is enuff. No longer funny, starting to just irritate.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my favorite pool cue . . . .

my wife wants me to quit . . . . pockets are so tight I can't get the coupons out for the milk . . . . walking around at 3 this morning and found my favorite cue . . .

once I beat Jay with this cue . . . well I bruised him a little and the tip came off . . . then I quit for good, you guys are the best . . .

this cue works best on my favorite table . . . you can buy it because it's my favorite and I want to get rid of it . . . do I have a table . . . you guys are just mean . . .

this other cue is for sale over here . . . I lost a bunch to a guy once . . . he let me pay off with the other cue so I sent it to him . . . for some reason I can't find my favorite cue . . .

Muddog

Registered
My favorite cue.... oh how i miss you
I begged you to stay... you ran away

You said I dragged you through halls... hit you with balls
Put me in the trunk of your car... took me to a smoke filled bar

But my favorite cue... I so need you
Please come back... without you I’m just a hack

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I think it’s a worthy subject.....I’ll try
...ahem

I was playing a lot at Geri’s Palace in Blue Ash Ohio...1978

Joey Spaeth and I became friends....he was in ill health but still functional...
...but he had sold his best cue...a Szamboti custom-made for him.
The new owner let me hit some balls with it...I had to have it...the only cue I ever hit with
that I could draw two lengths of the table with...cue ball 6 inches from the end rail...
...object ball in the corner pocket jaws at the other end....but it wasn’t for sale.

Every time I was within a couple hundred miles of Cinci, I’d drive over to see it...
...finally caught him broke and weak and bought it....it was a miracle cue for me.

Years later, Joey had passed away, I met his son Gary at a tournament..he wondered if
I still have the cue...I told him that when I got to old to use it, it was going back to the family..
..either he or his son would get it....late 90s, had my truck broken into, I only parked it for
20 minutes...they took three cases, the Gus was in one of them.
Next time I saw Gary, I had to tell him the cue was gone...he was so disappointed...
..couple years later, Gary died of the same condition as his father, type of leukaemia.

I’m the kind of person who is thankful and enjoys every day on this earth...
...I’ve lost friends and family, but it’s the nature of things...we’re all mortal.

But losing that cue makes me sad every time I think about it.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
This cue is a mystery,
You won't be disappointed.
And when you walk into the room,
a new king shall be anoited.

You'll grow at least four inches,
each and every which way.
Young ladies will smile and blush,
and you'll make the old men pay.

So buy this here cue,
while you still have the chance.
And with the money you win,
You can go buy some new pants.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
My favorite pool cue:

My name is Ronald J. I don’t have a last name. I was a priest, then I was a wood elf at the renaissance fair, a pharmacy tech, and a co-pilot for trainees, I didn’t do any of the teaching..but before all of that I played pool in a Tim Burton movie.

It all started when I when I was 16. I remember it like it was yesterday....

“Hey dad! D’You spit dip spit on mah bike seat this mornin?!”
“Naw, ask yer muther!” He said, the sh!t.
“What the hell.” I said..it was time to go.

I cleaned off my bike seat at the well with some laundry that was hanging to dry and rode off into town. I went to see my girlfriend who worked at the hardware store / pawn shop. The police were there when I rode up so I had to swing left into the KFC parking lot behind the dumpster.

One cop was sitting on the hood of their car, smoking, so I figured his buddy would be inside a while. I decided to look around in the dumpster while I waited for them to leave. I saw an old tv and wanted the glass but didn’t have anything to break it with. I rolled it up against the edge and kept searching, hoping for mob money or a cool knife like in the movies. What I found was much better.

Underneath some cardboard boxes I found a leather tube with a strap on it, covered in cold grease. I thought maybe there would be an Indiana Jones map inside but when I finally got the grease off and unlatched the top I saw a Screw together pool stick.

I pulled both pieces out and put them together. It was light brown wood, marbled with oranges and reds. It was all all one piece that someone had just cut in half and put back together with a screw. There wasn’t even a tip on the end it was just rounded smooth. I didn’t know anything about pool but this was a sweet find.

Fast forward many great adventures with this cue until eventually I run into Tim Burton at a pool hall and dramatically hustle him with my favorite cue with the rounded (and chalkless) end. He is so impressed with my cue and I that he puts us in a movie.

...lol

I figured someone should. Just imagine it’s a lot more detailed and funny, sensible, more drama and plot and twists.

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About Billy Stroud's cue

Back before he started making cues and was hustling
Pool, Billy bought a rambow from someone in Johnston Clty. He had lt in his Corvette that was stolen. The car was recvovered (might have been totaled), the first thing Billy wanted to know if they had recvovered his cue. He said I can buy another Corvette but I loved that cue. Billy if you are reading correct me on any details I
got wrong. Now that's a favorite cue. I like Pt's story
Jack

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
write a very short story about My Favorite Pool Cue I ever Had

say 2 or 3 paragraphs

Win a Duck or Batman

Archie if a girl wins,my daughters liked Archie

old archie not modern archie

ALTERNATE SUBJECT

WHAT I LOOK FOR IN A CUE

Anyone else gonna write a story? We seem to have a very large swing in genre so far with only 3-4 stories. From non fiction to poetry-ish to fiction fiction.

Don’t be scared, shy, or upset. Nothing wrong with a little off topic creativity. Just start writing whatever comes to mind like I did. Every time I found myself thinking or wanting to edit I just bulled forward. Let it flow azb