Here's a BIG CATCH from "The Captain"!!!

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is "Double Vision" named appropriately as there were two cues of this design made for a large collector who recently passed away. Below is what Bob wrote to the collector about these cues.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the opportunity to undertake this project. I chose to call this identical pair "Double Vision" for obvious reasons, but also for the effect on my eyesight. Many of the tiny parts required tweezers for sorting and placement.

The main design element was derived from a Victorian escutcheon. The inlay materials consist of red amboyna burl, Tahitian black pearl, 22k gold, silver and ebony. The red amboyna handle sections were a good choice on your part as they contrast nicely with the "white" nose and butt sleeves. The surrounding accents complimenting the the inlay were
accomplished by fine single point engraving. It allows a unique backdrop that would be near impossible to achieve by inlay alone.

Both cues are cored to maintain reasonable weight and balance: 19.4 - 19.5. It seems a long time since conception when you were in Florida visiting and we first discussed the project. Then the relief after completing the first cue of the set and thinking, ok...... now do it again.

I hope you are pleased with the results and that this special set can compliment your already phenomenal collection. Thanks for continuing to support our industry.

Bob

Attachments

• Manzino Dbl Vision.jpg
    Manzino Dbl Vision.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,032

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
So cool to see this cue. It says 2014 on the photo... so I'm guessing 5 years ago? That's quite a cue.