Pool Cue Values

01rkclassic

Cell - 937-554-5637
Silver Member
This should be a good lesson for those of us who own valuables to keep information on them close-by or better-yet, with the cues (or other items) themselves, so that our loved-ones who we leave behind will have an idea of their value.

To someone uninterested in billiards, a Balabushka looks the same as a $300 cue and would sell it for that much when receiving such an offer which is damn shame for someone who doesn't know how or where to obtain accurate information.

Jay

Good info here.:thumbup:

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This should be a good lesson for those of us who own valuables to keep information on them close-by or better-yet, with the cues (or other items) themselves, so that our loved-ones who we leave behind will have an idea of their value.

To someone uninterested in billiards, a Balabushka looks the same as a $300 cue and would sell it for that much when receiving such an offer which is damn shame for someone who doesn't know how or where to obtain accurate information.

Jay

Well stated! And I think well of the OP who knew at least to ask.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You can always post some pictures here on AZB and give as much information as you can on the cues. Some folks here have a wealth of knowledge to offer if given the chance.

The Blue Book is great for information, not so great with prices. The book was written quite a while ago and the prices have since changed. I have the second and third editions and use them sometimes even though the priceing is out of line on many cues.

These are the very reasons that I set up The Cuemakers Directory on my website. It would have been much easier to use one of the several abandoned efforts of members here in the past to make a list, but my long term goal is to make it more useful, so i made it a Directory instead, meaning that every single cuemaker listed is an individual thread. This allows for the cuemakers to post whatever they wish, images info, etc,,,,,,but also others can post pictures of cues and info about their secondary market values and such, which, with time and input from others would create a very useful, ongoing source of information about the cues and cuemakers, but one person cannot do it all,,,,,,,which is why I always invite anyone and everyone to go over there and add any useful info they have about any and all custom cues they have,,,,,,,it's free to use, and with a little help from alot of people will be a great tool in the Custom Cues world. Useful and accurate info is always invited. Links are in my signature for those who wish to contribute to the cause.

acho7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Balabushka

Could anyone venture a guess as to what this might be worth?

Thanks.

A7

Attachments

• Balabushka #1.jpg
    Balabushka #1.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 416
  • Balabushka #2.jpg
    Balabushka #2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 494
  • Balabushka #1001.jpg
    Balabushka #1001.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 411

thepavlos

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Please call me
I know the original owner of the Gus cue and he may be interested in reacquiring it.
Paul Stamatos
617-594-2832

acho7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's another one I need some help with establishing value. The appraisal was done by Mark Kulugian in 1999. Thanks all again.

A7

Attachments

• G. Szamboti #1.jpg
    G. Szamboti #1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 376
  • B. Szamboti #2.jpg
    B. Szamboti #2.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 314
  • B. Szamboti #3.jpg
    B. Szamboti #3.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 416
  • Szamboti #33-Appraisal.doc
    61 KB · Views: 155

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome but I think you got the pics mixed up. The first pic of the buttsleeve doesn't match the pic of the whole cue. Do you have one of each?

acho7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuenut you are absolutely right. How's this?

A7

Attachments

• G. Szamboti #3.jpg
    G. Szamboti #3.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 407

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is like Christmas! Just seeing the cues in pics is exciting.

Such cues are the stuff of dreams for people who appreciate cues.

:thumbup:

Chrippa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amazing cues! If you can I would hold on to these beauties until the market gets better. Cues like that will just increase over time.
Havn´t tried either of the makers but sometime I hope I will:).

Good luck

Chrippa

APA BRIAN

APA BRIAN
Silver Member
That is a museum quality collection, good luck, I imagine you could find someone to appraise them near you.