Looking at a used table possibly Connelly Chiricahua Ultimate No Rail Marking

jesusmowsmylawn

Registered
Help ID Table Possible Connelly Chiricahua Ultimate No Rail Marking

Can some one help me identify this table? I am looking at a used pool table right now that I think it is a maple Connelly Chiricahua Ultimate with 2" slate but I am not 100% sure since I have never seen one before. The only problem I have with this table is there are no markings telling a manufacturer, not even in the rail or on the rail skirt. I also checked underneath the table and still could not find anything.

If you look at the pictures you can see the table does have five bolts per rail (you might have to take my word on that), and I can confirm there was a ton of slate in the pockets. MDF around the slate (horrible but definitely part of a Connelly ultimate). The cross beams looked to be 4x8" to support the slate with two 2x8"s together adding further support. See attached pictures below.

What are your opinions on this table? Is it good firewood or is it an heirloom?

So I took some pictures, some decent others terrible...

Last edited:

jesusmowsmylawn

Registered
Can you tell for sure? Also could you order an Ultimate from the factory de-badged like this? Supposedly the guy who is selling it bought it from someone who ordered a whole game room with matching bar and pool table. Is this table worth looking into? I saw that newer Ultimates suffer from an improper nose height on the bumpers but this one seems to be dead on at 1 7/16.

I feel like without that "minted" Connelly logo in the rail and official pockets with Connelly written into them would significantly devalue the table. Am I wrong or just a monster. I figure I have a lot of expenses in front of me including simonis and moving/setup fees.

Thanks guys.

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
Can you tell for sure? Also could you order an Ultimate from the factory de-badged like this? Supposedly the guy who is selling it bought it from someone who ordered a whole game room with matching bar and pool table. Is this table worth looking into? I saw that newer Ultimates suffer from an improper nose height on the bumpers but this one seems to be dead on at 1 7/16.

I feel like without that "minted" Connelly logo in the rail and official pockets with Connelly written into them would significantly devalue the table. Am I wrong or just a monster. I figure I have a lot of expenses in front of me including simonis and moving/setup fees.

Thanks guys.

Curious what you mean by ultimates having the wrong nose height. It is the same rail with a different bolt pattern as a regular Connelly.

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member

Thanks guys.

The three Connelly Ultimates I moved which were all 9 footers played lights out. Great action off the rail and played true.

jesusmowsmylawn

Registered
The three Connelly Ultimates I moved which were all 9 footers played lights out. Great action off the rail and played true.

This is a nine footer, is there any sort of cult following with these tables? The reason why I ask is because if I ever want to sell this table, would it be easy or real difficult, what is the demand like?

ChesapeakeBlrds

Chesapeake Billiards
Silver Member
Being a Connelly dealer I can tell you, with certainty, that is a Connelly table. You can order a table without the nameplate and it is done regularly, the table doesn't lose any value because there is not a nameplate.

jesusmowsmylawn

Registered
Is there any cult following for these tables? Also what would this table retail for today? Are there any markings on the table that I should be aware of to verify the table? Location of serial number? Also can I tell when this table was manufactured? Thanks for all the help,
Ed

stanthebanker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have owned a Connelly Ultimate since the early 90's and have never regretted it. Mike Massey got the table for me as he was a Connelly Rep for one year and told me how great the table plays. I have Artemis cushions on my table and they are the best. The table plays so quiet and is perfectly leveled as Glenn Hancock did a wonderful job on my last recover. Don't think you will be disappointed. One of my best friends has bought two Ultimate's one for each one of his homes.

rodcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Connelly

Saw this old post. Have a connelly ultimate for sale briefly if anyone is looking for one. Pickup in Wisconsin. It's a 9' table, not sure what the model is called. It's an original from the late 90's I'm guessing.