GoPlayPool US Pool Rooms Directory Sponsored by AZ Billiards

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Closings

JJ Sports Bar in Northborough, MA - permanently closed.
Incontro Restaurant in Franklin, MA - permanently closed.

KD Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Renton, Washington

Looking for a pool room near Renton, Washington. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Kent

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That is the idea of the App, Kent!
Are you busting my balls? LOL
Use the app!

You may want to use more honey and less vinegar.;)

If you do go into the app and enter your zip code and a distance, it will find all the rooms in that area. You can then sort them by number of 9-foot tables, for example. A leading candidate, The Parlor in Bellevue, seems to have closed according to Google.

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you Bob. Kent is just messing with me, I think!!! Maybe, I should stop using his cue!
:eek::eek::eek:
:D:D:D
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any update on the GPS functionality? When I travel, I often have no idea what zip code I'm in at any particular moment. I don't know of a single other phone app that has a "nearby" function that doesn't use the phone's GPS.

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Working on it. We decided to finish up Canada first and release that then move to GPS function! :)
Thank you for your feedback! :thumbup:

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Flyers section

We've decided to release the improved search engine based flyers section of the platform before anything else.
All member flyers listed plus: Money added events and major events.
Featured flyers are reserved for paid advertisers/venues
We can also send out push notifications to app users in the area for your upcoming tournaments.

Check it out on The App and/or Desktop/mobile:
You search by month;
Then you have contact info for the venue and start date of the event
PLUS:
You can sort alphabetically by:
State
City
Venue name

All flyers US based in one place organized.
Please do share and help us reach more users.
Thank you!
The GoPlayPool App

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You still don't have Canadian halls listed.
It's not clear that the website is still active. They have not logged in to AZB for a year. The listings in my area are not useful partly because of Covid closures.

It is a huge effort to maintain a list of places to play. There have been several volunteer efforts to make such lists. The ones that currently exist for snooker and carom depend on random people sending in good info. It's hard to turn it into a business because most pool rooms are unwilling to pay anything to support such an effort. They go to Facebook or such and make sure their Google Maps info is up to date (if they even do that). Rooms open and close every week, and that's a huge job to track.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
It's not clear that the website is still active. They have not logged in to AZB for a year. The listings in my area are not useful partly because of Covid closures.

It is a huge effort to maintain a list of places to play. There have been several volunteer efforts to make such lists. The ones that currently exist for snooker and carom depend on random people sending in good info. It's hard to turn it into a business because most pool rooms are unwilling to pay anything to support such an effort. They go to Facebook or such and make sure their Google Maps info is up to date (if they even do that). Rooms open and close every week, and that's a huge job to track.
I can attest to the amount of work Bob goes through to keep UP TO DATE on his list.
I did a similar thing for motorcycles. At first it was a gratitude service to fellow riders but it got to the point I needed to get paid. They refused, I quit keeping it up.
Since then they sold the website 2 times and it now has some REALLY SOUR F/TARTS running it.
GREED KILLS!!!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The goplaypool.com site seems to still be operational. You can edit the info directly without logging in. I didn't try to add any new rooms, but you can mark rooms as closed and update the number of tables and such. I think the site necessarily depends on the kindness of strangers. I suppose you should consider being kind.

Posting room updates here is probably pointless. The goplaypool people seem to have last visited AZB a year ago. I imagine they have been dealing with more pressing matters for the last two years.

Guy Manges

Registered
2nd UPDATE to the original Post:

All zip codes finalized and as promised, "Nearby Search" is now available both on the desktop/mobile and The App.
Much Easier to find locations and listings close to where you are.

Featured Rooms section is also added to The App.
It is also on the Home page(desktop/mobile)
Check it out and do share...
:):):)

Coming up next is:
GoDeal$ section for pool rooms, bars, taverns and sports bars also for vendors, partners and advertisers.
They post discounts, coupons and specials and end users take advantage of it...

Thanks everyone for the support as always and don't forget to rate the app, if you get a chance.
😁😁😁

Here is the options you have and what it all looks like:
20171122azbforum.png

UPDATE to the original Post:

It has been 5 years since we first introduced GoPlayPool to the world. Since then, we've done a lot to improve what we offer!

If you haven't had a chance to look at our new system, please do.
You can search for locations, find out about table sizes and brands, tournament/league availability, age limitations, amenities, food and alcohol info, entertainment, details about other games and much more!

The search engine helps you filter through locations depending on what you're looking for.

Yes, there will be missing information and incomplete profiles and we are hoping with the help of the public, the business owners and management, we can keep the platform updated and current. We're constantly working to ensure it's as updated as possible.

Very minimal advertising, no pop ups and no "forced" logins allows users to cruise through the system as they please. They also include our high traffic "flyers" section and "GoPlayPool 101"!

GoPlayPool platforms are 100% free to use!

In the works: GPS functionality and zip code search as well as coupons/discounts sections and much more...

We truly appreciate your input, your edits/adds and keeping the platform updated!
If you're a pool hall, bar, club or any other type of business with pool tables, get in touch with us to find out about our incredible memberships and promotional options. If you're interested in advertising on the GoPlayPool systems, visit our website at www.GoPlayPool.com

Enjoy....
Now let's Search, Find and Go Play Pool!
201709azbforum.png

Original Post:
You can view US Pool Rooms Directory on the GoPlayPool Platform, available for Web, Mobile, App, Windows and Black Berry! Friendly to all platforms.
Mapping and "Nearby search available on the free Phone App! (Android, Apple)

While updates are done on a regular basis, it is impossible to keep up with the daily changes that happen all across the country. New locations open, establishments go through ownership changes, and rooms close down on a daily basis.
**We appreciate the use of the edit form vs. posting on this thread for any improvements. Thank you!**

If you know of a pool hall/bar listed on the GoPlayPool platform that is no longer open, or if you know of a room that is not listed on the directory, please let the people at GoPlayPool.com know.
The GoPlayPool App Team is working hard to provide this directory. Pool halls and bars can promote their tournaments, leagues and events when they become a GoPlayPool App Member.

Make edits to the directory
Poolroom Owners Membership info
Download the free app:

www.goplaypool.com
Questions? Shoot us an email: info@goplaypool.com
We thank you for helping us improve this directory.
And, we also thank AZ Billiards for helping us with this ongoing process!
Thank you all , Excellent Job... Guy

Guy Manges

Registered
Latest news

2018_09_pressrelease.png

GoPlayPool Celebrates 6th Year and Announces Expansion into Canada

As well as new membership benefits and advertising opportunities.
Aliso Viejo, CA- September 17, 2018: The GoPlayPool App has reached its 6th year in the industry. Owners, Ramin Bakhtiari and Mary Ann Starkey, would like to thank family, friends, and their many supporters. “Without everyone’s patience and support, we wouldn’t have made it this far.” The system, as a whole, is more organized and inclusive than ever before. In the last year, the directory of pool rooms has made a change by including more information about the establishments available to users. Each listing now includes basic information when available. Table types, sizes and counts, tournament and league availability are part of our basic listings. The GoPlayPool App is focused on the future of pool, so we also include age limits in our basic listings. We want to let our users know where junior players can practice, play and compete. GoPlayPool App Member Rooms can also post food and drink menus, entertainment, special events and much more.

GoPlayPool App users can also add, edit or delete pool rooms and their information directly through the free GoPlayPool App or the GoPlayPool website. This has created a user-based directory, which some have said is like a ‘pool version of Yelp’. It’s now easier than ever for pool room owners and managers to become members of the GoPlayPool App, which includes monthly and yearly memberships.

When pool rooms become members, they receive multiple benefits, which include a more descriptive listing and profile. These profiles contain everything from specific tournament and league information, coupons and discounts for users through our GoDeal$ Program, as well as push notifications to let GoPlayPool App users know about upcoming events in member rooms. And last but not least, members become part of the “Featured Listings” on the system.

The GoPlayPool App also contains an extensive flyer section, where pool rooms can post their event flyers for free. For those who are interested in posting flyers, it’s recommended to do so at least a month before the event to get as much exposure as possible.

As of August 2018, the GoPlayPool website has over 100,000 views a month. That’s a focused audience that is searching for pool related information. With more members and users than ever, the GoPlayPool App is going to be expanding their directory into Canada. Ramin Bakhtiari said, “We are very excited to move into the next phase of this company. Creating the directory for Canada will take some time, but we’ve seen the demand from players and pool rooms alike, so we’re expanding.”

If you already have the GoPlayPool App installed on your devices, it is recommended that you re-install the app to make sure the new features are updated. As always, there are no pop-up advertisements and users are not required to login to use the GoPlayPool App or website. For GoPlayPool App users, Mary Ann Starkey wants to remind them to “keep the notifications turned on so you can get updates and notifications about upcoming events.

The GoPlayPool App is available on both Android and Apple devices. It is 100% free to download and use. Visit www.GoPlayPool.com to learn more about the available features or to become a GoPlayPool App Member location.
( SMOKING ? From a lung dieing person... ) Please add if possible especially if children are involved... Thank you all please keep up the great work if anyway possible... Guy

soyale

has there even been consideration for an azb subforum for meetups?

it would be useful to have all of the requests for meeting/matching up in one place rather than sprinkled through the main forum. I would think that also, for example, if there was a thread in said forum titled “colorado” or some such, it might just go pages long instead of a separate post every so often about whose in colorado and who wants to play.

with all the subforums on azb im a little surprised this isnt already a thing. GoPlayPool is pretty decent for finding places to play but not so much for finding people.

just a thought

telinoz

Registered
has there even been consideration for an azb subforum for meetups?

it would be useful to have all of the requests for meeting/matching up in one place rather than sprinkled through the main forum. I would think that also, for example, if there was a thread in said forum titled “colorado” or some such, it might just go pages long instead of a separate post every so often about whose in colorado and who wants to play.

with all the subforums on azb im a little surprised this isnt already a thing. GoPlayPool is pretty decent for finding places to play but not so much for finding people.

just a thought
Taking that a step further, it would be good to have a section for each continental region, then countries, then states etc.
A World Wide sub-forum for this purpose.

Other than GoPlayPool, which is just for US pool locations - Salotto is the only other App I've seen that shows people in a 50 mile radius.
And, its in use around the World...

But - there is not a quick reference guide per area - hence your idea + make it global.
There is a decent international following on this platform.

soyale

Taking that a step further, it would be good to have a section for each continental region, then countries, then states etc.
A World Wide sub-forum for this purpose.

Other than GoPlayPool, which is just for US pool locations - Salotto is the only other App I've seen that shows people in a 50 mile radius.
And, its in use around the World...

But - there is not a quick reference guide per area - hence your idea + make it global.
There is a decent international following on this platform.
Thats not a step further, thats actually exactly what i said, i just used colorado as an example.