Leather Wraps

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve heard tascarella does some of the best.

Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that there may be a lot of factors going into doing a "good" non- original leather wrap on a custom cue. The quality of the leather used by the person, the existing channel in the cue when the original wrap is removed, the straightness and circumference consistency of the cue butt where the wrap is being applied, etc.

People make a big deal about leather wraps appearing or feeling "seamless" I have owned custom cues from a few well regarded cue makers and honestly did not see any difference in their leather wraps-all were done to my satisfaction- so I might include Andy Gilbert to the above list. Even the leather wrap from a Philippine cue maker I once owned was done perfectly- Joel Davidas.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Mike Gulyassy cue with a PERFECT leather wrap.

It took me FOREVER to find the seam.

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
I've used Tiger cues for years while in Vegas..All my team mates use Tiger also...Top grade leather and Tony's brother with nearly 50 years experience is fantastic..I have mailed cues to their L.A. store also and they are done and back within 2-3 days...

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tascarella is known for being the best at wraps. The leather wrap I had on mine was so perfect I am not sure I ever actually found the seam.

Kenny Koo is also known for doing truly exceptional leather wraps.

I would not recommend any of the guys at the APA or BCA Championships.

Keep in mind that a leather wrap from Pete or Kenny will be more expensive than many decent cues

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lance Cowles (Bossman69 here) does some of the best leather wrap work that I've seen anywhere! Even Tony admitted that Lance does stacked leather wraps just as expertly as Tiger does! For years Lance did the wrap work for Seyberts. He's also a very high level expert instructor, who specializes in One Pocket. Other than here, find him on FB at Cuesports of Battle Creek.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour