New Here? - Introduce Yourself

SpitzJr_Custom

I'm the son of the Chicago based cuemaker, Jon Spitz. I grew up in his shop and I'm now at the point where I want to start building custom cues. I've been playing since I was 5 and I'm 20 now and I just bought a 9ft Brunswick table for my home. If anyone on here has any cues my dad built id like to buy them. Thanks

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm the son of the Chicago based cuemaker, Jon Spitz. I grew up in his shop and I'm now at the point where I want to start building custom cues. I've been playing since I was 5 and I'm 20 now and I just bought a 9ft Brunswick table for my home. If anyone on here has any cues my dad built id like to buy them. Thanks

Welcome. It's awesome that you're going to continue your dads tradition :thumbup:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi folks.

New poster from Denmark here. I have only been playing for around 18 months and I'm looking to improve. I almost exclusively play alone since there are no clubs or pool halls within 100 miles of where I live. But I got access to a table and am drilling balls as much as possible. Since I have noone to play with to correct my mistakes and help up my game, I'm hoping to leech a bit off of the (obviously) massive experience on this forum. Hopefully in time I can also contribute myself :)

Kind regards,

Rasmus

welcome to azb Rasmus! :)

Look forward to seeing you on the forums.

There's definitely a lot of good info to be had here on az.

Enjoy!

best,
brian kc

BigFish23

Registered
Hi all,

Been lurking for a while. Grew up playing pool in Minnesota in my grandpa's basement. He was pretty good for the local scene. I got more serious in college and did pretty well in ACUI tournaments. Played more after college and the weekly tournaments and action keep my pockets lined. Gradually gave it up when my first kid was born in mid 2000s. Now getting back into it.

Was playing primarily with Schon - still have a few. Also played with Joss, Hubler, Pechauer (built one in '92), Dave Kikel (built one in '02), Meucci, Schuler (OG), Falcon, Dale Perry, and others. Been looking for a new cue now that I have more budget than a college guy. So the AZ boards have been great for researching Nitti, Danielson, Josey, Mordt, Gilbert, Carmeli, Jensen, Howard, and more.

Thanks to everyone who has posted, it's been very helpful. I can only imagine what my game would have been like 30 years ago with these types of resources available.

John

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome back to pool and welcome to AZB. I too took time off and found this place to be a wealth of information. Hope you enjoy.

EdGun

Hello:

I'm Ed from Hyde Park, NY. Originally from Poughkeepsie, NY. I've had a Gold Crown table in my basement since 1991. Other things got in the way of shooting pool over the years, like kids and all the things that go with them, and the table got buried down there. The kids have all grown up now and have moved out.

My wife had some time off during COVID and she cleaned out the basement and dug out the table. I just got it re-done by a great table mechanic form CT and it looks and plays beautifully.

I've enjoyed reading all the posts and looking at all the great pictures of all your tables. I think this is a great forum.

Thanks for adding me to your group.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello:

I'm Ed from Hyde Park, NY. Originally from Poughkeepsie, NY. I've had a Gold Crown table in my basement since 1991. Other things got in the way of shooting pool over the years, like kids and all the things that go with them, and the table got buried down there. The kids have all grown up now and have moved out.

My wife had some time off during COVID and she cleaned out the basement and dug out the table. I just got it re-done by a great table mechanic form CT and it looks and plays beautifully.

I've enjoyed reading all the posts and looking at all the great pictures of all your tables. I think this is a great forum.

Thanks for adding me to your group.

Welcome to the board Ed, when you get a chance, throw up a pic of your table!

EdGun

Hi BicD--I posted a couple pictures of my table. I wasn't sure where to do that so decided to post it under the thread, :Show Us Your Game Rooms".

faylo

Hello from Missourit

Hello all. I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been browsing this forum for years, but just recently signed up.

I've always enjoyed playing the various games, eight ball, nine ball, Chicago, etc. I have an old Brunswick Sultana regulation sized table that I bought off of ebay years ago and have refinished it into a workable table. It looks pretty good for a 100+ year old table, but does show the wear (character) of a century. Since the COVID thing, I've been spending more time with it trying to improve my game and I feel that I have made good progress, but still have a ways to go. I would like to get to a point where I can go to a pool hall and not be embarrassed. :) Or at least beat my bro-in law.

I don't expect to be much of a participant in the forums, (I've never been a joiner), but if I can help out somewhere, I will.
Thanks!
-Jim

TheHobbiesGuide

Registered
Kenny

Hey, I'm new to the forum. My name's Kenny, I live in Southern California.

I've been playing pool for around 20 years and recently started getting involved in the billiards community. Hoping to get into a pool league or some tournaments when some sense of normal returns after the pandemic.

I probably won't be the most active person on the forums, I'm more of a lurker but just wanted to introduce myself.

Justaneng

Registered
Hello! New Here,

Mandeville, Louisiana checking in...

Picked up and dropped pool several times since high school - each about a decade apart.

Now with the pandemic I've made the splurge and done up a man cave complete with an 8' Olhausen death rattle special. Look forward to re-joining leagues once that becomes a good idea and I have some time to do it. (Last played TAP/APA in 2007).

MeucciOriginal

Registered
Doesn"t look like this has been used in a while but here goes anyways, my name is Mike and I live around Orlando Fla., just got back into pool after about a 10 year hiatus.
Got lucky on a Diamond pool table for sale. If i find where to post pics I'll post some. Have to get simonis 860 HR Tournament Blue to replace the holy camel color that it has but should be an adventure, is there a place to post such? if so any direction would be greatly appreciated, very enthusiastic about it.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 206

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Doesn"t look like this has been used in a while but here goes anyways, my name is Mike and I live around Orlando Fla., just got back into pool after about a 10 year hiatus.
Got lucky on a Diamond pool table for sale. If i find where to post pics I'll post some. Have to get simonis 860 HR Tournament Blue to replace the holy camel color that it has but should be an adventure, is there a place to post such? if so any direction would be greatly appreciated, very enthusiastic about it.

Try this thread

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=182377

Kkmudbug

Registered
New to the Forum

Hello all. I have been playing pool since the late 80s, but have been away from the game since around 2000. Got a good deal on a table a couple years ago and now starting to play again at home. Just posted my home room in the “show your home rooms” thread. I’ve been lurking here for a while now, but just registered to start posting. I’m in the New Orleans area. I like old Meucci cues, especially my two old David Howard models that are currently out being refinished.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Welcome!

Welcome to all of the new posters and newly active posters. People are usually a little more generous with responses in this thread but as we all know life has been interesting lately to put it mildly!

Come on in, dip your toes in the water, the forum is a lot more fun after you get to know a few people.

Hu

artevt1

Registered
Hello I am a "new" poster here and pleased there is such a site to share info about pool. I started playing pool when I was 11 years old which was 60 years ago! My time flies! My older cousin used to go to a small club like place that had one coin table and we would play. He told me, then, that I would never be a good player because I was born with a blind eye. He showed me a little how to play as he was older and had played for years. His statement caused me to pledge to myself that one day I would beat him. 12 years later we played several games on an 8 foot table at a bar. He won none of those games! I smiled to myself.
I have played most all of the games one can play on a pool table. Used to play golf on a Snooker table when I was 15. Not a great player or a bad one. Somewhere in the middle. I have played straight pool one handed and ran the rack but only once. Owned a Billiard Parlor/Bar for 4 years near Charlotte, NC. Sold Mucci and McDermott cues and supplies.
It is sad that pool in America isn't as popular as Snooker is in Europe. I met Jimmy Carres at a 1967 pool event at Bradenton Florida. I showed him a shoot I saw on a TV pro tournament and set it up for him. He couldn't do it. In his defense there was lots of humidity in the air which will effect felt cloth shoots. Thanks for the forum. Art

Leigh

Registered
Faily new to pool and the forum

Hi guys, A year and a half ago, after never playing pool, I signed up for a house league at the local pool hall. I was immediately obsessed. A few months later my husband of twenty years bought me a pool table for our anniversary... literally my favorite present ever.
I managed to team up with some great guys at the pool hall who got me through the basics, and I have taken a few lessons along the way and practice daily. I have a long way to go but I'm down for the hard work. I love hearing from all the people that have been playing for twenty plus years and I look forward to playing pool as long as I'm able.
This AZ Billiards community has been so helpful, especially in the "ask the instructor" forum.
I love this stupid game.
Leigh

AndRun

Registered
How to update profile

Can anyone please tell me how to make changes to the profile settings, like edit details, profile privacy or options?

This is what I got:
"you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

The only thing possible is that the account might be waiting for activation. But I have not received any e-mail, or found clues about what to do to get it activated. I'm able to post and reply to posts. Would that mean my account has been activated?
Thank you beforehand.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone please tell me how to make changes to the profile settings, like edit details, profile privacy or options?

This is what I got:

"you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

The only thing possible is that the account might be waiting for activation. But I have not received any e-mail, or found clues about what to do to get it activated. I'm able to post and reply to posts. Would that mean my account has been activated?

Thank you beforehand.

Email support and tell them you haven’t been approved.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
help.png

if you follow the directions in the wrong order your computer may decide to reboot or glitch

so be careful following the guide, the glitch is bad, but a reboot tears the system apart.

probationary period, everyone has it

This is what I got:

Thank you beforehand.