New Cuetec Cynergy vs Wood

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
As for the future of CF in american pool, chinese pool and may be carom it is very likely you're right. When it comes to snooker and especially russian piramid that is completely another story.

You’re right about snooker. The building techniques, designs and materials I’ve seen here are absolutely ancient compared to a typical U.S. cue.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I’m pondering the purchase of one. Seems like most people have a favorable opinion. The price is fairly steep though. Cheapest new one I can find is $600

The whole cuetec setup of the SVB series is $600, not just the shaft. The shaft is $400. Don't know where you are looking, there isn't any CF shaft at the $600 price range for the shaft alone.

gregnice37

Silver Member
Predator is the only one that is offering a CF/CF package I believe. I think Cuetec might be offering packages too but I don't know if they offer a CF butt. I considered the Predator complete cue but I didn't like anything they offered. Don't like the looks of the CF shaft on a traditional butt either, gonna take awhile for custom builders to start designing with CF shafts in mind.

Buying a pig in a poke is always risky, I took a gamble on this shaft. I did know that most nearly new cues or shafts can find a buyer with little lost at a busy pool hall. Covid might make a quick local sale hard right now, I don't know.

Hu

Predator doesn't offer a whole CF cue option. I believe Becue & Go Customs are the only 2 companies offering full CF cues.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The whole cuetec setup of the SVB series is $600, not just the shaft. The shaft is $400. Don't know where you are looking, there isn't any CF shaft at the $600 price range for the shaft alone.

Yes- I should have been more specific. I'd be looking to buy the whole setup- hence, the price I cited.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
confused now

Predator doesn't offer a whole CF cue option. I believe Becue & Go Customs are the only 2 companies offering full CF cues.

I thought I had seen one, obviously mistaken! Might be they have been prototyping for awhile but I might be wrong there too. The danger of doing too much bouncing around shopping.

Hu

gregnice37

Silver Member
Yes- I should have been more specific. I'd be looking to buy the whole setup- hence, the price I cited.

Seyberts offers the affirm to pay monthly as well if $600 too much to spend at once. I've used this service on several occasions from them.

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
an update

I decided to do a marathon session both to get used to the new shaft and to try to get on autopilot. Even when not thinking about pool my mind has been pretty busy while I shot lately.

Started in daylight, finished in daylight the next morning, pocketed over eleven hundred balls, not consecutively of course! One thing I discovered is that this shaft likes to bank. Not talking anything fancy, one rail straight back or crossover banks on this old seven footer with four and a quarter inch corner pockets. Definitely working on the PIITH system but that is what works for me.

If I spend a lot of time thinking about cue ball positioning I am often in trouble. If I just trust my old memories things work much better! One old problem has cropped up, getting too close to my work or running into the next ball. The solution is simple, look at where I want the cue ball to be next, not the next ball.Been so long since I have shot a lot that my end stinks are better than my knowledge.

In that all nighter my shooting got cold a few times, very cold. In every instance it was because my stroke had broken down. A little focus on stroke and life was good. No matter how the cue goes back or how far it goes back, pause, no pause, what is important in my stroke is that it starts slowly. Allen Hopkins might have been able to poke, I need to stroke for good results!

I might get to hit balls a few times but they will definitely take a back seat for the next few weeks, my plate is very full.

Ah well, just a bit of an update, I think the shaft might pay for itself if the covid didn't have so much shut down.

Hu

Last edited:

Prey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greg the Mezz cf shaft comes in around $600 for the shaft give or take a few bucks.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got the Cynergy Cuetec about 2 weeks ago and love it. I previously shot with an R360 and it is a very good cue, by the CF shaft is great. I feel like everybody should shoot with one. Such a true and solid hit.

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I feel the same way!

I got the Cynergy Cuetec about 2 weeks ago and love it. I previously shot with an R360 and it is a very good cue, by the CF shaft is great. I feel like everybody should shoot with one. Such a true and solid hit.

I don't know how much is the carbon fiber and how much is the taper but the stick feels good! It seems to give a very clean hit. It drives through the cue ball well for lack of a better way to describe things.

I don't jump at every new thing on the market but this shaft and the cf shafts in general seem like a better mousetrap. It won't be long before most people will be using them and custom builders will be putting together butts that look good with the CF shafts I believe.

Hu

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No they're not! Several posters here have made their own CF shafts, and at a very low cost too!

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

The manufacturing costs of CF products are high, too.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems to give a very clean hit. It drives through the cue ball well for lack of a better way to describe things.

Hu

I know what you are describing.

I felt the same thing when I first wrote my review on my Becue.

Once you feel it, you know it.