• IMG_2793.JPG
    IMG_2793.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 910
  • IMG_2741.JPG
    IMG_2741.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 897

Kkmudbug

Registered
Still need to finish furnishing it, but here is mine! That is a custom 9ft table with Simonis cloth.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 15389C95-73B9-4694-A0FA-4802EB71C1A8.jpeg
    15389C95-73B9-4694-A0FA-4802EB71C1A8.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,442

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That’s nice. Backsplash and lighting really enhance the bar. You and your family and friends will make many memories there.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
very nice!

Still need to finish furnishing it, but here is mine! That is a custom 9ft table with Simonis cloth.

attachment.php

Most of the custom tables I have seen didn't do much for me. I would love to have that one if it plays half as nice as it looks! A pair of five by tens, one pool and one snooker, would fit perfectly in my fantasy home game room.

Hu

cjl0s

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
That is a nice house! Nicer than my house in Denver (Littleton) that would sell for the same ballpark in Denver. My wife even lived in Billings as a teen although not a super happy time for her. Oh well I can dream LOL....Thanks for sharing.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! That is a nice house and custom table, about as heavy duty as any modern table I've seen.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My room has been in place since '98. The table is a 9' Gold Crown I.

The table was originally installed in a pool hall and later owned by someone who stripped and stained the pedestals and aprons. It has it's share of battle scars but retains it's original cushions which perform fine.

I recently acquired another GC I and my ultimate goal is to restore that table and build a Diamond style light to replace the current fixture.

I feel fortunate to be able to have a 9 foot table at home and never considered anything but a Gold Crown. As it sits, (Purchase price, moving, setup, Simonis cloth, Aramith balls, 4 Dufferin house cues) I have $2,500 into the table. At the time (1998), I hired a Brunswick dealer to assemble it and have no complaints. Today, I would use the resources of this forum as well as referrals from people I have become acquainted with in the industry to select an experienced pool table mechanic. But again, as the table sits, I have no complaints.

My dream would be to find a reasonably priced Centennial and restore that table, but the likelihood of finding a Centennial in restorable condition at a price within my budget is unlikely.

It took more than five years but I finally realized my dream of owning a near perfect Gold Crown was realized last month.

This has been a long- standing project and goal of mine, to replace my nice but cosmetically weary Gold Crown I with a restored GCI or one in near perfect condition.

Over the course of a half-dozen years, I bought and sold several tables with the intention of restoring all the metal parts, refinishing the painted surfaces, if necessary the Formica rails, and slightly tighten the pockets.

After calculating the costs to do a proper and complete restoration, as well as the time involved with managing the details which would include finding shops to perform the work, I decided it might be better, i.e. easier to just find a nice original abused residential table. In other words, a Gold Crown I or II that was bought new and installed in a home.

I actually found several but settled on the one you see here, a pristine one owner Gold Crown moved from the original owner's home. If it was in any better condition, it would have to have had to have been delivered in Brunswick boxes and crates.

This table is as it left the Brunswick factory in the 1970s. Standing in front of it is like looking at a time capsule.

Mark Kulungian of Pool Table Magic did a careful and painstaking installation and it was quite exciting to play on what is essentially a "new" GC last night. My previous table had been setup for a little over 20 years and needed to be recovered and tweaked, so it was also nice to play on a table without those flaws.

PS Complicating factors were the pandemic which delayed sale of the old table and installation of the new and also modifying and installing the Diamond light.

Being detail oriented, I thought it best to do some modifications to the light. I added more cross-braces, changed the material making-up the top of the unit from pressboard to plywood, and swapped the fluorescent lights for 3800K LED tubes. Obviously I also refinished the unit in Brunswick white to match the table. If anyone wants some Brunswick white, I have almost an entire gallon which I will never use.

Attachments

• Brunswick - new - FB IMAGE.jpg
    Brunswick - new - FB IMAGE.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 618
  • Brunswick - new - 6 - FB IMAGE.jpg
    Brunswick - new - 6 - FB IMAGE.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 611
  • Brunswick - new - 2 - FB IMAGE.jpg
    Brunswick - new - 2 - FB IMAGE.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 590
  • Brunswick - new - 5 - FB IMAGE.jpg
    Brunswick - new - 5 - FB IMAGE.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 594
  • Brunswick - new - 3 - FB IMAGE.jpg
    Brunswick - new - 3 - FB IMAGE.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 619

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gorgeous table and room! Wow! All original, including the Monarch cushions. It would be nice to play on it, almost like stepping back in time. In my my opinion the monarchs were better than today’s Superspeeds.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Mark Kulungian of Pool Table Magic did a careful and painstaking installation and it was quite exciting to play on what is essentially a "new" GC last night.
Nice - but why is there a hole in the top of the cushion near that corner pocket?

[EDIT: Oh, I guess I see it now... there's no cushion there.]

pj
chgo

Last edited:

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually have space in my house to have a full blown pool room but is it wise to put a pool table in a house with sub-flooring.