AZB Memberships : BRONZE, SILVER, GOLD

jpparmentier

AZB Artist
Silver Member
Team AzB
Well it looks like we surprised everyone with the new site, the new forum layout and this new membership system :smile:

1. Now the SITE and the FORUMS SHARE THE SAME HEADER AND MENUS.

2. Your MEMBERSHIP GETS you ACCESS TO ARCHIVES ON THE WEBSITE and pays our bills :thumbup:

3. All details are here : Benefits of joining AZB

This new system is a way for us to reward those who are active in the community (Silver gets you 18 month of extra archive compared to Bronze), and of course those of you who contribute and help keep this project going. Celebrating 15 years next month !

We hope you enjoy the new website !

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i sent you a rep message that got messed up, Mike kinda knows the plan, i'm in-the WHOLE way. kinda fun

Aain you did a fantastic job on the site, I was lucky to be here when you launched real time, there was the one setting glitch and that was solved in 5 minutes, everything should be so easy?

I can se the big picture here and this is the first step in going the whole with a project, from a page with a canned vBoard(or what ever its called) in into fully interrogated site of this quality and functionality with the board being there to keep the DAU's up really has potential. We blew $2,000,000 from April 10-april 12 24 months on a project with very complex server side routines etc. we made the mistake of building a fully functional site and launching before we tested the biz(because we thought we had a lock), yeah sure our CPA was thru the roof, the $2,000,000 was gone and i have 450,000 lines of spaghetti code at best.

Mike ans Co did it right get the DAU's and traffic then build ut the monster. your light years ahead with this project compaired to anyone else in the vertical-now stay there:wink:, i know you will. i had a hunch somehthig big was coming because before Mike would make small improvements and then for 3 years nothing. I knew he wasn't playing pool or video games. well today i was lucky enough to see the switched get flipped real time, what a pleasure.

you did a fantastic job. congratulations.

pls ask mike about the thing for Fatboy when you have time, i know your busy-but pls dont forget.:grin:

congrats

JesseBfan

Motivation, where are u?
Silver Member
Well it looks like we surprised everyone with the new site, the new forum layout and this new membership system :smile:

2. Your MEMBERSHIP GETS you ACCESS TO ARCHIVES ON THE WEBSITE and pays our bills :thumbup:

This new system is a way for us to reward those who are active in the community (Silver gets you 18 month of extra archive compared to Bronze), and of course those of you who contribute and help keep this project going. Celebrating 15 years next month !

Great idea, guys! Just sent my payment for 1year.

Reactions: JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why are some members Silver & Gold and others just Gold?

Because we dared to venture where no member has gone before, the next plateau, and the final frontier. We are the new pioneers of Planet AzBilliards. :p

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 8,615
Reactions: CMD

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

MORE PM SPACE for GOLD members please. 150 is way too low. We are the most active members and we generate the most content. PMs are conversations and a 150 limit fills up quickly. Why not have unlimited space for PMs for Gold Members or as much as VB allows?

I have seen other forums allow 9999

I love this place and am just saying that raising the PM limit significantly would increase the utility for the paying members dramatically.

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MORE PM SPACE for GOLD members please. 150 is way too low. We are the most active members and we generate the most content. PMs are conversations and a 150 limit fills up quickly. Why not have unlimited space for PMs for Gold Members or as much as VB allows?

I have seen other forums allow 9999

I love this place and am just saying that raising the PM limit significantly would increase the utility for the paying members dramatically.

I think the Gold membership should stay as is. In my opinion, there should be a Platinum membership and Dealer memberships. Both of which should have unlimited mailbox storage. Priced accordingly, of course.

Too many people make so much money off of this site, without giving back. Everybody knows who they are as well.

I belong to another forum where threads do not get "bumped" but you can see the replies. This would get rid of the "can't believe your overpriced product is still here" bumps. And you are not able to list the same product for 2 weeks. Seems to work there and the membership is well over 75,000.

My useless .02 :thumbup:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I think the Gold membership should stay as is. In my opinion, there should be a Platinum membership and Dealer memberships. Both of which should have unlimited mailbox storage. Priced accordingly, of course.

Too many people make so much money off of this site, without giving back. Everybody knows who they are as well.

I belong to another forum where threads do not get "bumped" but you can see the replies. This would get rid of the "can't believe your overpriced product is still here" bumps. And you are not able to list the same product for 2 weeks. Seems to work there and the membership is well over 75,000.

My useless .02 :thumbup:

I agree that people using the site commercially should have a level that both costs more and comes with more benefits such as banner ads.

I voluntarily gave 5% of sales christmas 2011 and asked others to do the same but no one else felt the way i did.

But fwiw i also answer a lot of general case questions in pm. Its not all sales. if you track my sales you will find less than 120 cases listed and sold in five years. So two per month or so isnt making a lot.
I actually get more business just by being a part of the community and talking pool.
I think also that this forum could follow the lead of similar forums but mike and the team have worked super hard to redesign it to this point already.

Eventually a lot of what we suggest will likely be implemented.

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree that people using the site commercially should have a level that both costs more and comes with more benefits such as banner ads.

I voluntarily gave 5% of sales christmas 2011 and asked others to do the same but no one else felt the way i did.

But fwiw i also answer a lot of general case questions in pm. Its not all sales. if you track my sales you will find less than 120 cases listed and sold in five years. So two per month or so isnt making a lot.
I actually get more business just by being a part of the community and talking pool.
I think also that this forum could follow the lead of similar forums but mike and the team have worked super hard to redesign it to this point already.

You're not the only one I'm talking about. There are "regular" members out there with 10-15 active for sale threads. That's effing ridiculous.

BTW - I bought 4-5 cases from you BECAUSE of this site. None were posted for sale. So your sales should be huge from this site. It doesn't matter if they were posted or not.

jpparmentier

AZB Artist
Silver Member
Team AzB

For sure. We are still fixing some tech parts of the site. We are working on more features for the Gold members. PM space has been raised to 200 for now, but expect more things coming your way.

We're working on some great additions to the site, and the new forum skin will be updated soon, too.

Thanks for your feedback.

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm new here and tried to post a question yesterday regarding cues. I saw a message about my post having to be approved by a mod???

The post still has not shown up nor have I heard anything back. Is there a particular reason for it or do you have to be a paid member to post a question?

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
how many PM's are allowed with Gold status?

deleted...question answered already!

Last edited: