New Here? - Introduce Yourself

RMS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New here?
Introduce yourself, tell us where you hail from and a bit about yourself.

RMS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, new here!

I am in So. Cal.
But my greatest hope is to some how move to ABC
(Anywhere But California)

I stopped playing pool around 1994, and just recently started thinking about playing again.

My user name will click with a few members here.......
But then again, there is always the internet.

RMS

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
Hi! I've been reading the forums for a little while and decided to create a membership. I've enjoyed reading the threads about topics I'd never considered before, and am impressed with the width and depth of knowledge that seems to be here.

I've been playing pool for as long as I can remember, but don't play in a league or anything. I live in northern Alabama now and am fortunate enough to have a table in my home. I play a production GB-2 at the moment on an AMF Playmaster, and have a lot of fun teaching my kids to play.

Thanks!

poolplaya1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Omaha.

3 leagues.

I am currently watching the 13 hour match of Earl vs Efren for 100k. The score is now 118 to 117(race to 120) and I am letting the tension build by posting and reading here before watching the ending.

I can not believe my eyes, after flawless play for 3 days in the last 3 games that I have seen Strickland breaks and the cue ball flies off the table. In a later game Strickland scratches on a shot that he should never scratch on and on the ball in hand Efren misses!

It was humbling watching them play so well for 3 days, but seeing them play like everyone else makes me feel a little better about my game.

I love pool, always have. When I put my head on my pillow at night its the only thing I think about. I am here to learn and in the past year I have learned a lot from these forums. So, good to meet you all, thanks for the info!

Liberal usage of the ignore button is helpful too, reading these threads without the trolls is so much nicer.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Omaha.

3 leagues.

I am currently watching the 13 hour match of Earl vs Efren for 100k. The score is now 118 to 117(race to 120) and I am letting the tension build by posting and reading here before watching the ending.

I can not believe my eyes, after flawless play for 3 days in the last 3 games that I have seen Strickland breaks and the cue ball flies off the table. In a later game Strickland scratches on a shot that he should never scratch on and on the ball in hand Efren misses!

It was humbling watching them play so well for 3 days, but seeing them play like everyone else makes me feel a little better about my game.

I love pool, always have. When I put my head on my pillow at night its the only thing I think about. I am here to learn and in the past year I have learned a lot from these forums. So, good to meet you all, thanks for the info!

Liberal usage of the ignore button is helpful too, reading these threads without the trolls is so much nicer.

How were you able to get the handle of poolpaya1 when only joining in May of this year?

Last edited:

albu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, new here!

I am in So. Cal.
But my greatest hope is to some how move to ABC
(Anywhere But California)

I stopped playing pool around 1994, and just recently started thinking about playing again.

My user name will click with a few members here.......
But then again, there is always the internet.

RMS

Welcome to the forum !! By your pictures looking you are into cues :wave2:

JW_Redmon

Registered
Oldie - Newbie Here

I recently joined the site, been a lurker for a few years. I'm retired and have been playing pool, casually, for over 50 years. Playing in a league for about 25 years. Pool is my favorite pastime and I am a student of the game, constantly trying to get better. Upon retirement I joined a Pro Tour here in Florida to try to better my game. I gained a lot of experience racking, I was in way over my head.

I appreciate the knowledge and opinions of many members on this site. I enjoy helping new pool players advance their game. I practice what I preach, but I don't always execute what I practice.

jtothea

Registered
Hi! New member here from TN.
I used to play pool frequently in my mid-late teens and nearly quit for the last ten years only playing here and there. Looking forward to getting back into it again and who knows, maybe even play a couple of local tournaments!

Jonas1010

Registered
Hi All,

From Northern IL.

Been lurking the forum for quite a while. Decided to finally sign up. Played casually for years on and off. Recently my roommate a I picked up a nice 8ft table that was a amazing deal. So, naturally, I got back into the game in a big way. Started hitting the local halls again and forgot how much I loved the game and environment.

Needless to say I have been having to 'hide' purchases from the girlfriend hahaha. At least it's a cheaper hobby than drag racing.

-Jonas

Ak147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been azb member for few months now, still working on my pool fundamentals. Hope to become "A" player one day :)

I am currently residing in Singapore. Any AZB member visiting Singapore and interested in having game please let me know.

Cheers!

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
Hello

New here. Play in an APA league. like shooting every night on my own table too. Sioux Falls SD, home of Shane VB!

madjammer

Registered
Longtime lurker, joined fairly recently. From western North Carolina. Bought a table in May of this year and on a mission to learn as much as possible about the game.

IdahoJim

Intro from Idaho

Hello,

Just so no one thinks I'm trying to trick anybody, my name is Jim and I live in Idaho. :smile:

I played pool or, most often, snooker almost every day, back in the late '60s through the mid '70s. Life got in the way and I have only recently decided I should try to get in a few more strokes before the run's over. Imagine my chagrin to discover how hard it can be to find a room these days. I haven't been able to find a snooker or carom table within 500 miles. (Of course, I do live out in the sticks.)

I do have a table project I hope to get going on, so, I expect to have some questions for the mechanical threads.

Regards, all,

Jim

Mac2118

Hello everyone. I thought I'd introduce myself after lurking on these forums off and on for the past couple of years (I finally registered yesterday). I'm from a small down in western PA. Compared to what I've read, I seem to be one of the young bucks on the forums. I took up playing pool probably 10-11 years ago. Bar pool actually. I didn't know much. I needed something to do besides drink. A few of my friends talked me into joining a pool league about 5 years ago. I played a year then took a year long break. I got back into it and after watching people and learning from the better players in the area, I seem to be holding my own. I'm a few balls off from my goal of 30 8-ball breaks this year. I play maybe 15 games a week, so I'm very much an amatuer. I've made it to a couple of regional and state pool tournaments. I'm currently playing with a McDermott G224, a Rage Jump/Break, and a McDermott Lucky as a backup. They seem to be doing me quite well so far. I hope to be playing for years to come.

ImetMosconi

Registered
Hi...I joined a few days ago asking for help in identifying an old cue. The forum was very helpful. At the end of that thread I gave a little history of playing in the Games Room, at Cal Berkeley in the late 60's to early 70's...including encounters with luminary pool figures Bob Jewett, Phil Capelle and even Willie Mosconi!
I'd bet there are others out there who recall "Stoney" the one armed house man?

Paulo De Leon

I've been checking this page out for quite sometime and would like to say hello to everyone. I used to play a lot when I was a teen but my work took over my life so I haven't been shooting pool as much as I wanted to.

I'm 32 from PI and just recently bought my first cue (Al Bautista) and looking forward to improve my game. Happy hustlin everyone!