Old Buddy Hall article

coxcol15

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys I'm looking for some help finding an article. It was written by buddy hall and I believe it was titled "follow it home". Searched all over for it and can't find it anywhere. Any body read it and know where I can find it?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey guys I'm looking for some help finding an article. It was written by buddy hall and I believe it was titled "follow it home". Searched all over for it and can't find it anywhere. Any body read it and know where I can find it?
Any idea which publication or when?

coxcol15

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly I feel like I read it on the apa website a few years ago but can't remember. Searched a few different sites and a few different Google searches. No luck anywhere.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Honestly I feel like I read it on the apa website a few years ago but can't remember. Searched a few different sites and a few different Google searches. No luck anywhere.

Any chance it was in a magazine?

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If indeed it was on the APA site, it could not have been Buddy Hall. Dr. Cue/Tom Rossman, Alison Fisher, Andy Segal, or Jeanette Lee perhaps, as they have all been associated with the APA currently, or in the past. Never Buddy Hall.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

coxcol15

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What was the article about? Perhaps we can reconstruct the concepts for you here.

It was just an article about playing high english. I know that's very vague but it was more or less, from what I remember, being about not being afraid of playing follow shots but to actually consider them more often as a way to get around the table.

What brought this up was I recently rejoined the apa, to just get out every few weeks for a match. I met a few new guys I've not shot with in the past and we got to talking about our own ways of looking at the table. The captain, who was supposedly the best shooter on this team, really stood out as having a problem with certain shots and we talked about it and basically came back to the fact he's not comfortable playing high english. So I mentioned this article I read a few years back, told him I wasn't totally sure what really hit home with it but that it helped with my thought process and how I looked at patterns. Told him I'd try to find it and send a link