REWARD + GoFundMe Acct. to catch Mike Surber's murderer

gulfportdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Surber's brother, Steve, has put up a $10,000 reward for info leading to info & arrest of Mike's murderer.

We have also opened a "Go Fund Me" account for donations to add to the reward. We are hoping that folks who can spare a few bucks will sweeten the pot so as to re-kindle and sharpen interest in the apprehension of this suspect. The account is:

https://www.gofundme.com/help-find-...m_89_2&rcid=r01-151249854321-634f1936b01f47b2

Steve also has put up a PayPal account for those who prefer that method of donation: paypal.me/pools/c/7ZRWK4xBkh

If the URLs don't link, please copy/paste it into your browser.

In addition the FBI "Seeking Information" page, which also includes a poster for download, is: https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/michael-surber

There is also a Face Book page started by Ray Hansen called "Catch a Killer":
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1514573228867676/

Please forward this information to your friends. Thank you!

Thanks to JAM and my wife for their involvement in this cause which is dear to us all.

~Doc

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We've added a PayPal account, and have corrected the GFM URL. Thanks very much for your help.

~Doc

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
We've added a PayPal account, and have corrected the GFM URL. Thanks very much for your help.

~Doc

Doc, did they recover any prints from the crime scene? I just discovered that they are 92 other AFIS databases besides the FBI one. The prints need to be checked in ALL of them!

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a popular tv show that ran from 2006 - 2008 called Jericho which would be a big coincidence from when this murder occurred and to the name that the suspect used. If there was a person of interest or an arrest they could ask friends or family members if they watched this show. To me it's just a very odd alias to use. This is a very sad story and I hope that justice is served.

gulfportdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doc, did they recover any prints from the crime scene? I just discovered that they are 92 other AFIS databases besides the FBI one. The prints need to be checked in ALL of them!
I'm not sure about prints, Jay. They do have DNA. And evidently they're running some more sophisticated tests at Quantico. There is a back log, however.

~Doc

gulfportdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a popular tv show that ran from 2006 - 2008 called Jericho which would be a big coincidence from when this murder occurred and to the name that the suspect used. If there was a person of interest or an arrest they could ask friends or family members if they watched this show. To me it's just a very odd alias to use. This is a very sad story and I hope that justice is served.
The suspect took as an alias the name Jericho Cooper from a credit card he stole. The real Cooper was a completely uninvolved victim.

~Doc

gulfportdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you very much, Mike, for making the Surber reward thread into a sticky! Hopefully renewed interest in this case will produce some results. Someone has seen this guy, someone knows him.

For those who would like to donate to this effort, the GoFundMe and PayPal accounts are listed.

We're praying that Mike's murderer will be brought to justice.

~Doc

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
I just read this. So sorry to hear about Mike.
Hope the law enforcers catch the criminal soon.

AK

Mike Surber's brother, Steve, has put up a $10,000 reward for info leading to info & arrest of Mike's murderer.

We have also opened a "Go Fund Me" account for donations to add to the reward. We are hoping that folks who can spare a few bucks will sweeten the pot so as to re-kindle and sharpen interest in the apprehension of this suspect. The account is:

https://www.gofundme.com/help-find-...m_89_2&rcid=r01-151249854321-634f1936b01f47b2

Steve also has put up a PayPal account for those who prefer that method of donation: paypal.me/pools/c/7ZRWK4xBkh

If the URLs don't link, please copy/paste it into your browser.

In addition the FBI "Seeking Information" page, which also includes a poster for download, is: https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/michael-surber

There is also a Face Book page started by Ray Hansen called "Catch a Killer":
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1514573228867676/

Please forward this information to your friends. Thank you!

Thanks to JAM and my wife for their involvement in this cause which is dear to us all.

~Doc

gulfportdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We just heard from Mike's brother, Steve, who believes that the reward fund will possibly grow to over $25,000, when new expected income is added. Mike's cue collection is being sold, so that money will add to the fund. He's been in touch with the FBI, but so far, nothing concrete has come up. Nonetheless it's nice to know that Mike's case is still on the radar.

~Doc

gulfportdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Catch Mike Surber's murderer

Just got a phone call from Agent Burton from the FBI. He said that they had updated and improved Mike's page and poster on the "Seeking Information" portion of their website. The suspect's pics look a smidge better after the FBI's enhancement, but they had very poor quality images to work with. It's not like on TV. Still, anything is certainly welcomed. Folks can print out the poster and hand them out, or take them to their pool rooms.

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/michael-surber

You never know, they might get this pos yet!

~Doc

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure about prints, Jay. They do have DNA. And evidently they're running some more sophisticated tests at Quantico. There is a back log, however.

~Doc

I wonder if they could do the "related" DNA type testing to find the perps family members like they have done in other important cases. I think the DNA is the way this guy will finally be caught!

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
The resemblance is uncanny...

especially when compared side by side. Note the pronounced lines around his nostril.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 3.55.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 3.55.10 PM.png
    184 KB · Views: 2,801

billy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lots of similar features but when looking closely it appears that the forehead shape is very different. Maybe just angle?[/QUOTE

Sure looks like the same guy to me. He's lost more hair but the head and the nose looks right on. IMO I think it's the same person

Mike and I grew up playing pool in Jack n Jills Arlington Va. He was and always will be a personal friend. I have to say Mike was an extremely nice guy to all he'd meet ... somebody took advantage of his character

Sure hope this POS is caught soon. This ordeal has gone on entirely too long

RIP Mike, this seems to be coming to an end

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
Been a long time since someone posted on this thread. Anyone have any updates? Hope justice will be served soon.

buckets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lots of similar features but when looking closely it appears that the forehead shape is very different. Maybe just angle?

Confirmed not to be the guy.

Dude got witch-hunted. I hope this doesn't happen again in the future.

RailBanger

Registered
I wonder if they could do the "related" DNA type testing to find the perps family members like they have done in other important cases. I think the DNA is the way this guy will finally be caught!

My thoughts exactly. Cold cases are being solved every day now using the new technique.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These guys obviously couldn't find their own ass with both hands and a full length mirror-Unreal!