Alex and Tony 1pkt dcc 2020

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex makes a ball interference foul at 40 minutes. Nobody seemed to notice him moving the 13 and blocking the cue ball. Actually a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Alex makes a ball interference foul at 40 minutes. Nobody seemed to notice him moving the 13 and blocking the cue ball. Actually a big deal.

That was weird that nobody caught that. I can't imagine that Alex didn't know he moved the 13.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

FOUL.....And the band played on. :D

I loved the commentators at the beginning of the match. They didn't know which pocket either player had, failed to distinguish an intentional foul from a safety and appeared to not even be paying attention to the match, preferring to lob jokes back and forth. Plus Alex was walking around for minutes on each shot. So unlike the last One Pocket match I watched with Filler and Chohan. I love One Pocket but without a shot clock (45 seconds with one or two extensions per game) it can be unwatchable.

Last edited:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I loved the commentators at the beginning of the match. They didn't know which pocket either player had, failed to distinguish an intentional foul from a safety and appeared to not even be paying attention to the match, preferring to lob jokes back and forth. Plus Alex was walking around for minutes on each shot. So unlike the last One Pocket match I watched with Filler and Chohan. I love One Pocket but without a shot clock (45 seconds with one or two extensions per game) it can be unwatchable.

your boy dennis can take his time as well, especially when playing one pocket ;) getting down, getting up, getting down..

but i completely agree, shot clocks needs to be implemented more often. it literally just takes a smartphone or a tablet, there are several apps already made for the purpose

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I love One Pocket but without a shot clock (45 seconds with one or two extensions per game) it can be unwatchable.

I enjoy the concept of one pocket,, but it's got to be one of the most difficult billiard games to watch...

Thank god YouTube not only allows a 5sec forward bump with the arrow key, but also likes you crank up the playback by x2.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member

I got a small amount of entertainment from the commentary early on. After a while I had to just mute it. Beginning commentators need training. B+ players give some inane comments about one pocket. Tis better to remain silent and let them assume you don’t know than to open your mouth and prove it.

I tried to watch Alex and Shane play 8 ball without a clock. Alex made it unwatchable for me.

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Mute those inane commentators.

It would be a nightmare at DCC to enforce a shot clock and call all fouls, unless the match is on the arena table with a ref.

DCC is unique, regarding the absence of refs for 95% of the matches.
I've seen so many infractions at DCC during the last 10 years, ranging from miscounting balls, failure to spot balls, touching the cue ball, moving an object ball, poor racking....you name it and it has happened at DCC.