Randy Mobley cues

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm curious on Randy's cues his cues bring good money someone told me yrs ago about him and to buy one , that was over 10 yrs ago , I'm not sure how he knew that I never heard of him and he was a high end cue buyer,, who is this guy is he self made or did he learn from someone else nevertheless he was right his cues go for good money above several others that have been making cues for yrs

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Randy is not alone in that category. There are a lot of other cue-makers that have become recognized
as much for artistry of the designs, flawless execution as the cue’s really satisfying feel when you use it.
No doubt that he has earned the praise & recognition because his workmanship is as good as anyone’s.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm curious on Randy's cues his cues bring good money someone told me yrs ago about him and to buy one , that was over 10 yrs ago , I'm not sure how he knew that I never heard of him and he was a high end cue buyer,, who is this guy is he self made or did he learn from someone else nevertheless he was right his cues go for good money above several others that have been making cues for yrs

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ran...VumK0KHYLwCAAQ_AUoAnoECA0QBA&biw=1536&bih=752 Pics pretty much tell the story. SUPER nice cues.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Randy is not alone in that category. There are a lot of other cue-makers that have become recognized
as much for artistry of the designs, flawless execution as the cue’s really satisfying feel when you use it.
No doubt that he has earned the praise & recognition because his workmanship is as good as anyone’s.
who are they that produces that level of workmanship and brings top dollar
But still doesn't answer my question where did he learn , certainly other ones with Cnc 's and program abilities can now make cues , but whom is getting top dollar like he's getting

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
With Randy it's not just about the design but also the engineering that stands alone. He has come up with ways that improve the hit and protect the cue from the hazards of moisture and temperature changes.

These procedures are often done internally to the cue but nonetheless do the do. I liken him to a mad scientist who pushes the art of cuemaking to new levels. I have been to his shop and witnessed his cutting edge technology first hand.

IMO Randy is not only a cue maker extraordinaire but good people. He also has been making cues for 20+ years

Last edited:

stunshotDAVE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Proud to say have known R.M. since 90. He is in my opinion, the Einstein of cue makers. It's his quest to build the finest he can, even a sneaky. Hi favorite thing to hear from customers is " this is the best hitting cue I have ever had!

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Proud to say have known R.M. since 90. He is in my opinion, the Einstein of cue makers. It's his quest to build the finest he can, even a sneaky. Hi favorite thing to hear from customers is " this is the best hitting cue I have ever had!
Well I'm going to answer that question for my self very shortly got a Merry Widow on the way I picked up on FB last night ,

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Said by the one who compared a Bob Owen cue with one of his in another thread I just read , ain't many living on that island ,

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you don’t think Bob Owen ranks up with the best today, then you
have a misimpression about great cue-making. In fact, I think Bob
is actually the most under-rated talent today and he can and does
compete with Randy and a whole bunch of others. All I wrote is that
Randy is really good but so are a lot of other cue-makers as well. If
you disagree, that’s okay. Randy has earned his stripes making cues.
I never even mentioned another cue-maker by name in my orig. post.

NUF CED!

MANPUSS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
im a novice i got one scruggs , but seen some mobleys . and studied on cur makers the last year looking for some good ones and also some to invest in .

ive found out cue making is an enigma , no rhyme or reason . ive played with some of my friends 10, 000 cues and 500 dollar cues , some are different some not .

in the age of the internet , carbon fiber , etc thats why bushka and szam are the unicorns . those makers and cues were the last unicorns .

you never know what cue is gonna be worth more money then you paid for it , or if a cue you have never has more value very weird the billiard world

best you gonna get , are old school , but some new school are better cues . its like mostt, you pay for a name . the quality gap has shrunk way down . and in later years will shrink more . i played alot in the 8oties recently got back into playing , and when i look back and some said down the road people would be playing with carbon fiber i would said liar lol .

also something is only worth what someone would pay for it . if im in the 8 to 15,000 range it would be a bush or szam but im old school . get what you like and play on

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With Randy it's not just about the design but also the engineering that stands alone. He has come up with ways that improve the hit and protect the cue from the hazards of moisture and temperature changes.

These procedures are often done internally to the cue but nonetheless do the do. I liken him to a mad scientist who pushes the art of cuemaking to new levels. I have been to his shop and witnessed his cutting edge technology first hand.

IMO Randy is not only a cue maker extraordinaire but good people. He also has been making cues for 20+ years
Are there any articles or interviews of Randy Mobley that delve into all that?

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
im a novice i got one scruggs , but seen some mobleys . and studied on cur makers the last year looking for some good ones and also some to invest in .

ive found out cue making is an enigma , no rhyme or reason . ive played with some of my friends 10, 000 cues and 500 dollar cues , some are different some not .

in the age of the internet , carbon fiber , etc thats why bushka and szam are the unicorns . those makers and cues were the last unicorns .

you never know what cue is gonna be worth more money then you paid for it , or if a cue you have never has more value very weird the billiard world

best you gonna get , are old school , but some new school are better cues . its like mostt, you pay for a name . the quality gap has shrunk way down . and in later years will shrink more . i played alot in the 8oties recently got back into playing , and when i look back and some said down the road people would be playing with carbon fiber i would said liar lol .

also something is only worth what someone would pay for it . if im in the 8 to 15,000 range it would be a bush or szam but im old school . get what you like and play on

Nevermind.......

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMG_1982.JPG. When one of the most knowledgeable person in the cue buying world gives a comment like this one people take notice

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
who are they that produces that level of workmanship and brings top dollar
But still doesn't answer my question where did he learn , certainly other ones with Cnc 's and program abilities can now make cues , but whom is getting top dollar like he's getting
Just a lil advice, your posts are hard to read sometimes. Everything is just one rambling string of words. Just sayin.