Getting new table installed upcoming week wondering about tip?

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm getting a new Diamond pro am table installed this week (bought the table through the Seyberts site who then forwards it on to Diamond). They have hired an independent local guy to install it. Just wondering if a tip for the installer is proper etiquette and if so, how much (this was a big amount purchase, close to six thousand before shipping)?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tipped my installer 100 for my used GC4 table install 8 years back. He did a great job, was there all day, and it still plays great.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm getting a new Diamond pro am table installed this week (bought the table through the Seyberts site who then forwards it on to Diamond). They have hired an independent local guy to install it. Just wondering if a tip for the installer is proper etiquette and if so, how much (this was a big amount purchase, close to six thousand before shipping)?
The installers (likely a crew of 2) should be getting well compensated for the job. Of course, if you can afford it, tips are always appreciated, but I wouldn’t feel it is necessarily expected as it would be in other situations.

If you feel the technicians have made the extra effort to fully explain to you anything you might need to know and answer any and all questions you might have, in that case, it would be the classy thing to provide a tip. Even if it’s just $20 apiece, I’m sure it would be appreciated.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Even drinks, lunch, and some loot goes a long way for a tough tough job to do.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
If he/they do a good job AND respect your home a tip would be appropriate, IMO.

And lunch is always appreciated.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The fact is you really won't know how good a job they did on your table until you have spent several hours playing on it. They are not going to stand there for three hours while you play after it is installed. If there are issues, most may not be discovered after one or two trial racks.

So tipping may be more based on their approach to the installation and your overall perception of how the job was done. It will not reflect how the table truly plays, or if there are "hidden" issues with the install that will surface after some extended play.

I personally don't think that any "in home" services are automatic tip situations. The person has to demonstrate that something was done above and beyond normal expectations for the job. Just showing up is what people get paid a salary to do in a professional manner. I expect to actually see an attitude and a result beyond average to warrant a tip. Judge this one for yourself and reach into your wallet accordingly- but don't feel mandated to do so.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Absolutely tip if they do a great job. Has been said.... A 100 thank you's do not equal $10. Tip what you are comfortable with. $35 50...$75