window cues.

skankhammer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why is there no cue makers or production cue companys making window cues?
Like the old Palmers, and Vikings. Does nobody want them?

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member

I dig them big time. Dig the Vikings and the Paradises and the Palmers and the Balabushkas and the TADs lots. I always liked the touch myself, but cue makers aren't slamming a bunch of plastic into cues these days.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
I always wanted a Palmer Model "M" Tribute built with the clear window
and my name in gold foil, just like the one stolen from me in 1981.
Alex Brick crafted a 60" Model #20 for me 10 yrs. ago and most players
believe it to be authentic. I'm playing with it tonight, last night of League.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dig them big time. Dig the Vikings and the Paradises and the Palmers and the Balabushkas and the TADs lots. I always liked the touch myself, but cue makers aren't slamming a bunch of plastic into cues these days.

Meucci does. :grin:

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Proposed Solution To Your Dilemma

Unless you desire a cue made with a Titlist or ebony forearm, you can buy a decent Palmer for pretty reasonable money, actually very reasonable money compared to any newly manufactured production cue.

You can even find perfect Titlist based Palmers at prices that won't break the bank.

The positive side of it is that a new cue will immediately depreciate while a vintage cue at worst should hold it's value. And yes, I do use my 40 and 50 year old Palmers.

Jay

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know the answer but I never really cared for them. Big windows cover more of the natural beauty of the wood itself in my opinion. That said, I saw a beautiful window cue on here a week or so ago, that was very nice and blended well with the overall design.