Arnot cue reviews?

skankhammer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anybody give me some feedback on these cues? I really like his designs, how do they play?

junkbond

The dog ate my stroke.
Silver Member
I have two of Arnot's cues, one I got eight years ago, and one I got eight months ago. They have a very solid hit and provide good feedback, with nice stiff shafts, which I prefer. The workmanship is flawless. I really cannot find anything to complain about or criticize in these cues. Probably 90-percent of my playing is done with an Arnot cue. The newer cue is the most comfortable stick I've ever used; Arnot got the weight and balance point exactly where I wanted, which is not always easy to do.

I found Arnot to be a great guy to do business with. He was always quick to respond to emails or phone calls, and very helpful when I had questions or suggestions (even stupid ones).

Snookered007

Ticky Tricky
Silver Member
I have owned my Arnot for a couple of years now. The cue plays great and is excellent in craftsmanship. I would recommend Arnot's cues to anyone in the market for a new cue.

Larry Sivik

Registered
Arnot-Q

I have owned my Arnot for a couple of years now. The cue plays great and is excellent in craftsmanship. I would recommend Arnot's cues to anyone in the market for a new cue.

Greetings,

I have owned most of the major cue makers cues and started playing with an Arnot-Q 10 years ago! Since then I have purchased other Arnot high end cues and have been extremely satisfied. All his cues play great with tremendous feedback with the T3 shaft. I prefer a stiff shaft because of the benefits of same of which the T3 provides.

Whether you buy a player or a high end cue they all play superbly. I also own several matched sets, player and break cue and Arnot got his real start by making a tremendous break cue. A lot of players on the Florida circuit bought them because they work and work very very well.

Yes there are lots of good cue makers out there but if you want a quality performance cue that does just about everything you could ask of it then I suggest you talk to Arnot and catch up on what you maybe missing.

Good luck

Last edited:

All4Moose

Moose
Silver Member
i own one, and will own another in the future. great playing cues. I dont have the T3 shaft, just a regular old maple one, and i love the way it plays. hope to see you pick one up.

skankhammer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the input. Ive been looking at Arnot's web sight for a while now and really like the style of his cues, very classy look, but here in Oklahoma ive never seen one in person. And have never seen one in the wanted for sale section on here. A may be ordering one in the near future. Thanks!

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have two of Arnot's cues, one I got eight years ago, and one I got eight months ago. They have a very solid hit and provide good feedback, with nice stiff shafts, which I prefer. The workmanship is flawless. I really cannot find anything to complain about or criticize in these cues. Probably 90-percent of my playing is done with an Arnot cue. The newer cue is the most comfortable stick I've ever used; Arnot got the weight and balance point exactly where I wanted, which is not always easy to do.

I found Arnot to be a great guy to do business with. He was always quick to respond to emails or phone calls, and very helpful when I had questions or suggestions (even stupid ones).

how's that pj arnot holding up?

junkbond

The dog ate my stroke.
Silver Member
If I ever get some decent lighting set up, I'll post some pics of both Arnots. If you like plain Janes, you'll like this cue. The only sticks that are plainer than this one are still on the tree.

kasparovII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a heads up on ArnotQ customs. I finally played with one last week and placed an order the next day. Since you've been on his great website its cue #811.....with the following specs: 19.5 oz. / Terminator 3 shaft / 12.75 mm MOORIIII soft tip / Arnot 's standard taper. The forearm and butt are seasoned purple heart with a BEM wrap section with a radial pin joint. The joint is black phenolic with purple heart and ivory inlays between double silver ringwork and a white micarta Hoppe ring. Very understated but Arnot's woods are some of the best. I thought that my cue would be a piece of 6 year old PH but stood corrected as Arnot said it would be a twelve year old piece with a beautifully figured birds eye maple wrap. His woods have to be seen to be appreciated.
Besides Arnot 's excellent workmanship (among the best I've seen) the cue's hit was Just perfect....solid and very firm without feeling dead. And the T-3 shaft provides low deflection without the hollow feeling that my 314's are notorious for. And coming off of years of playing with a Predator shaft it was great to know I will get the same low deflection performance from a solid lamination.....no hollow front and no foam....just the feeling of a premium solid maple shaft. All things said, this cue was the best hitting cue I've played. And I've tried a lot of the best custom cues that other players have let me demo (SW/ Judd/Scruggs/Dzuricky/Dayton/older Schons). The only hit I feel was comparable was a Pat Diveney but the Diveney had a lot of squirt compared to the Arnot.
So in 8 weeks I'll be getting mine from Arnot.
Last but not least, Arnot's prices are extremely reasonable. In fact the cue came in at almost half the price of some of the cues I've mentioned for a "not so plain Jane" that I wanted for a main player.

Last edited:

8Ball48043

Addicted to the Sport
Silver Member
I've got a number of Arnot cues. The radial pin joint plays wonderfully. They are well made, with aged woods.

Arnot knows his woods ... he used to run a lumber mill .... he buys lots of woods, hangs them in his shop, well aged and beautiful.

Check out these photos to get an idea of how much wood he has and how long he lets it age ...... http://www.arnotq.com/pages/shoptour.html

kasparovII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Right you are. The purpleheart Arnot is using in my cue is 12 years old. And the BEM that I've seen in his wrapless handle section is absolutely beautiful......very well figured. Six weeks and waiting .

kasparovII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ArnotQ's Terminator 3 Shaft

8 Ball,
I see that your playing an ArnotQ custom. Does it have the T-3 shaft? If so, can you tell me what you like about it, i. e., deflection, feedback, hit and taper? The reason I ask is that I have ordered my cue based on an almost identical Arnot I was able to try. But the owner purchased it second hand and he wasn't sure if the shaft taper hadn't been worked on. It didn't seem to be as the finish was almost like new. The shaft taper wasn't a "Predator" type pro taper that I'm used to, having played 314's for quite some time. The ArnotQ taper is not as long and one can feel that the overall shaft has more "spine". This was really apparant on long, firm shots where the 314s aren't whippy but seem to be less stable than the T-3. It may be just my take, but the owner of the hall where I play thought the same. For reference, he plays a Scruggs and thought the T-3 was a great shaft...so much so that he has ordered a T-3 from Arnot last week as an alternative to his old Scruggs shaft, which is showing its age. Prior to that he was going to contact Scruggs to order a new shaft. At any rate, the taper on the ArnotQ that we tried had a really comfortable hyperbolic taper and the "hit" was as solid as any conventional shaft I've ever played. And that includes a lot of custom and production cues I've demo'd in the last couple months. In fact, he was surprised it was a laminated shaft. And I figured that a guy who has owned and played a Tim Scruggs every day for years it has go be the ultimate complement for the cue and the shaft when he orders a T-3 instead of a new Scruggs. This player knows cues and he was really impressed with the overall construction...especially the tightness of the radial joint joint. It takes quite an effort but once its tightened it feels like a one piece cue with absolutely no vibrations .....just pure feedback. Sorry for the long post, but I haven't had the pportunity go talk with anybody besides the played who owns the cue...Just with a played who has a jump / break cue from Arnot....which also impressed the hell out of me.
Thanks in advance,
KII

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I asked him to build a cue out a special wood. He at first said he could do it, and about day later said he couldnt.

I appreciated his time and honesty. We both would have been disappointed and that does nobody any good.

Seemed like a good and thoughtful guy.

Ken

rlb444

Registered
Very very nice cues. I just took possesion of a bacote road player supreme from Arnot a few days ago. Exceptional craftmanship, solid hitting and perfect fit. I like the radial pin, it fits very snug and tight, just perfection. I accidently broke with it and it felt almost like my mezz pb2, it just crushed the rack. I was supprised at just how soild the stick is. For the past many years I have always had regular shafts on my stick and was also suprised at the T-3 low delfection shaft. It does squirt the cue ball and throw the object ball less. This concept is completly new to me. Some dont like LD shaft after playing so many years with a reg maple shaft but I am willing to go with it. I just have alter my aim a little. Of course this will take awhile but should be no problem. Would I do it a agin and buy another one. In a heart beat.

Arnot Wadsworth

Senior Cuemaker
Silver Member
Very very nice cues. I just took possesion of a bacote road player supreme from Arnot a few days ago. Exceptional craftmanship, solid hitting and perfect fit. I like the radial pin, it fits very snug and tight, just perfection. I accidently broke with it and it felt almost like my mezz pb2, it just crushed the rack. I was supprised at just how soild the stick is. For the past many years I have always had regular shafts on my stick and was also suprised at the T-3 low delfection shaft. It does squirt the cue ball and throw the object ball less. This concept is completly new to me. Some dont like LD shaft after playing so many years with a reg maple shaft but I am willing to go with it. I just have alter my aim a little. Of course this will take awhile but should be no problem. Would I do it a agin and buy another one. In a heart beat.

Thanks for the kind words. Here is a picture of the cue: http://www.arnotq.com/pages/655/655.html

Attachments

• BocoteWhole_Cue.jpg
    BocoteWhole_Cue.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 999
Last edited:

kasparovII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That Bacote Supreme has been one of my favorites. I really Like the joint work. It really sets the cue off. Nice choice.

kasparovII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Skankhammer,
just a heads-up.....if you're still interested in an ArnotQ custom, Arnot Wadsworth was nice enough to post some pics of the purple heart / bird's eye maple cue he just completed to my specs. The pics are on PG.2 of my "pulled the trigger' thread. I think it turned out even better than I was hoping. The specs run thusly:
19.5 oz. / stainless steel radial pin / Terminator 3 low deflection shaft / standard ArnotQ parabolic taper / 12.75 mm tip / Saber T ferrule / MooriIII soft tip. Based on the two Arnot customs I've tried, this combination should render a very firm hit.
Can't wait to put it in play. But the pictures ought to give you an indication of the work he does. The purple heart has been seasoned for twelve years...the longest I have ever seen claimed with ANY other wood from any of the master cue makers. The bird's eye maple handle has been cured "only" six years. The joint ring work is a combination of purple heart and ivory surrounded by double nickel silver. Should be a good, solid everyday playing cue that relies on great woods and excellent workmanship for it's beauty.
KII

Last edited: