Titlist / Titleist Conversion with Ivory

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This is an extremely well executed Titlist conversion done by William "Woody" Woodworth in April 2004. Everything white is ivory. Solid ivory joint, ivory hoppe ring, irory ferrules, and all inlays are ivory. Not sure what the butt sleeve and point wood is, but it has an iridescent quality that really catches the light and "glows" in much the same way that curly maple catches the light and has that iridescent glow except this wood does it all over. Stainless radial pin. The points are fairly even, within about a quarter of an inch or so. I consider the veneers to be about average in color intensity (they show up and look much better in person) but a knowledgeable Titlist collector told me they were actually pretty good.

Almost no play on this cue. One shaft has hit about two racks of balls total, and the other has hit maybe a dozen racks total between myself and the previous owner. Per the original owner the tips are Moori's, and he also informed me that he was able to cherry pick the nicest Titlist blank out of about 50 that he got to choose from in person and then he later took it Woodworth and commissioned him to do the conversion. It appears to have been slightly dinged on one veneer near the wrap while it was still a house cue before it was ever converted (it is far more noticeable in the pictures than it is in person). There are a couple of small nearly invisible cracks in the clear coat of the butt sleeve only. The forearm is perfect. Like new pristine condition in all other regards.

Cue weighs 19.8 ozs and is 58 1/4" long with either shaft.

Butt weighs 15.6 ozs and rolls perfectly straight.

Shaft 1 is 4.2 ozs, 13.3 mm, rolls perfect.
Shaft 2 is 4.2 ozs, 13.3 mm, has a minor taper roll of about a 1/2 credit card thickness or so, most people would just call it perfectly straight (the way it was sold to me by an extremely respected dealer on here) but I'm trying to pick it apart for the very pickiest of buyers.

The balance point is aproximately 20 1/4 inches from the bottom of the bumper. Hits fantastic.

Sold!

100_2259.JPG

100_2262.JPG

100_2258.JPG

100_2261.JPG

100_2260.JPG

Last edited:

half fast bankr

Purist / Traditionalist
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I agree with you about the veneers being of average color. I have an EY/DPK conversion with similar 'contrast', and I prefer it slightly subdued. Too bright would look too new and IMO lose that classic / vintage look (something like spinner rims on a 50's/60's Vette so to say).

And, I'll add that, IMHO, this is a VERY tastefully done conversion. Not overworked, great colors and contrast (as a whole), excellent materials choices. I don't have much experience with the Radial, but you just can't beat a FF, big-pin, solid Ivry joint!

BRAVO! BRAVO!

How 'bout a pic of the lower forearm area where the points come together, and the forearm inlays as well?

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
half fast bankr said:
How 'bout a pic of the lower forearm area where the points come together, and the forearm inlays as well?

Good idea, thanks. I'll try to get that posted up asap.

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Man, i really like this cue! I hate being a pathetic broke loser.:banghead: I think i need some self-esteem and cognitive behavioral therapy. Oh well, what does it matter anyways:grin:

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
half fast bankr said:

Pictures added below. Let me know if there are any other pictures you would like to see!

100_2255.jpg

100_2256.jpg

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
That is my cue. I commissioned him to build it. If anyone has questions or anything needed I will try to help.

I designed it. I bought the titlist to build it.

I have all the original photos and information if anyone wants anything.

Its nice to see it again after all these years.

Ken

Last edited:

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I can't believe this cue is still here!! It seems that most Titlists on here that are plain janes (and not ones from the masters either) are selling for $1,000-$1,100 or sometimes more and this one is several steps up loaded with ivory options! Somebody is going to love this cue when they get it.

Last edited:

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Bump for a one day price drop/experiment. Trying to prove to myself that cues still sell on here.

MirelesCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Bump for a great seller. Kevin is a stand up guy and knows a thing or 2 about nice cues. His collection has some real nice cues in it. I've seen and hit this cue in person and the pics just dont do it justice.