Fancy Toeboy with lots of ivory

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This is a monster Toeboy custom cue from William Rikard. It is the fanciest Toeboy out there that I am personally aware of (he is most known for his fairly simple and extremely well executed Titlist conversions).

Made in 1997. Cocobolo into birds eye maple. Stainless 3/8 x 10 pin. On this cue, if it's white, its ivory. Ivory joint, ivory butt cap, ivory spear points, ivory rings, ivory ferrules, and all ivory inlays. Has a small ding about 1/16" in the butt sleeve (can see it in the picture), and a couple of super tiny clear coat dings at the edge of the butt cap that can only be seen on very close inspection. Both shafts also have one small ding each in the clear coat that can only be seen on close inspection when the light hits it the right way. Cue looks fabulous and has a great hit and really moves the ball around well.

Cue weighs 19.5-19.6 ozs and is 58 3/8" long.
Butt weighs 16.0 ozs and rolls perfect.
Shaft 1 is 3.6 ozs and 12.8mm, minor taper roll out that does not affect play.
Shaft 2 is 3.5 ozs and 12.8mm, minor taper roll out that does not affect play.
Balance point is about 18 1/2 inches from the bottom of the bumper.

I talked to Mr. Rikard about this cue about a month ago and he said that he "would very conservatively value it at $2600," and he stressed that the estimate was conservative. I've never seen a fancy Toeboy come up for sale (nothing even remotely clost to this) so I don't really have anything to gauge by.

Cue was sold locally.

100_2267.JPG

100_2263.JPG

100_2265.JPG

100_2264.JPG

100_2266.JPG

Last edited:

dcain

Titlist Junkie
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I used to live around the corner from Toeboy and have bought about 5 of his cues over years. This is one of the more fancier ones that I've seen up for sale. I have seen a few fancier but not many. At that price this cue should sale fast. Toeboy cues play really solid. Good luck with the sale.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Nice

Nice looking Toeboy.

I play with a basic toeboy, hits great. Toe is an original, that's for sure, and a real nice fellow who built a real nice playing cue.

Last edited:

biggamebob

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Toeboy cue

Interested - but recession still in effect...had a toeboy cue back in mid 90's, want another..currently have a Phillipi (I know you don't want to trade, but figured I'll at least mention my cue).

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
biggamebob said:
Interested - but recession still in effect...had a toeboy cue back in mid 90's, want another..currently have a Phillipi (I know you don't want to trade, but figured I'll at least mention my cue).

All offers are being considered (particularly with cash involved), shoot me a PM.