******* Star of David Cue *******

Dr Foot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Offering to you a beautiful Star of David cue by Meucci.

No play since a refinish done by Steve Klapp, whose work is incredible! The shine is incredible and really make the colors pop.

Had a nice black leather wrap put on so the cue plays like it should. No roll in the butt or either of the two shafts.

Weight 15.5 butt

Shaft 1 12.58 mm 3.5 oz unhit Triangle tip
Shaft 2 12.01 mm 3.5 oz Triangle tip (test hit)

Priced to sell @ $675 plus paypal and shipping. Can ship tomorrow.

Don

Attachments

• DSCN9667.jpg
    DSCN9667.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 2,531
  • DSCN9661.jpg
    DSCN9661.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 2,540
  • DSCN9668.jpg
    DSCN9668.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 2,549
  • DSCN9663.jpg
    DSCN9663.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 2,648

Dr Foot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Perfect Klapp finish......unbelievably smooth, glossy and consistent.
Not a whippy Meucci....leather wrap a significant PLUS ....at least IMO!

Still available, surprisingly!

Dr Foot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
There are many different logos out there, as seen in the attached picture. Maybe yours is a counterfeit? I seriously doubt that it is!

Attachments

• Meucci.jpg
    Meucci.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1,827

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Meucci....

What goes on inside the Meucci factory...no one will ever know.:rolleyes:

The cue Dr. Foot is selling, might have been one of the original cues that David Howard used.:thumbup:

Only David can tell us though. He is on Facebook if anyone wanted to ask.

I don't think anyone can make a fake Meucci like this model, except Meucci.:smile:

LOL----and they are all Meucci Originals. As far as I know, Meucci has not changed their name.

Last edited:

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Meucci Originals then to Meucci Cues in the lat 80's. They are different and you're right about what happens there, I've seen weird things.

Dr Foot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Tried to contact David Howard to see if this is one of his original cues, but no luck so far. His business web site is down, the phone doesn't accept messages, and so far he hasn't answered my Facebook friend request. Cue, still beautiful., still for sale and still cheap!

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Rather than contacting David Howard (he's not the maker), try Meucci, they should tell you, if not try Budget Billiards. I think a family member runs it, or so I've been told. They're located right near Meucci btw.

However, here's an easy way yo know if it's an older cue that is usually is pretty accurate. Remove the bumper and see what kind of bolt is in there. If it's a rounded top flathead, it's an OLD cue. If it's a flat top flathead it's mid-late 1990's. If it's an Allen head it's very new. I put them here in order for you from oldest to newest.

The thing is, someone could buy that newer Meucci model that looks like the Star of David and modify the logo. I think a better pic of the butt sleeve may help.

I know ALOT about Meucci and I believe you have a real DH-3 but the name on it baffles me. It should say David Howard by Meucci. Maybe they just took the Meucci part off of it.

Play Well!

Billiard Bill's
Buying-Selling-Trading
Text/call Bill 239.823.0408 (8am-7pm EST please)
billiardbills@gmail.com
Southwest Florida

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1398468705.037810.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1398468705.037810.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,670
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1398468711.186527.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1398468711.186527.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,559
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1398468715.464710.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1398468715.464710.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 1,541

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
Rather than contacting David Howard (he's not the maker), try Meucci, they should tell you, if not try Budget Billiards. I think a family member runs it, or so I've been told. They're located right near Meucci btw.

However, here's an easy way yo know if it's an older cue that is usually is pretty accurate. Remove the bumper and see what kind of bolt is in there. If it's a rounded top flathead, it's an OLD cue. If it's a flat top flathead it's mid-late 1990's. If it's an Allen head it's very new. I put them here in order for you from oldest to newest.

The thing is, someone could buy that newer Meucci model that looks like the Star of David and modify the logo. I think a better pic of the butt sleeve may help.

I know ALOT about Meucci and I believe you have a real DH-3 but the name on it baffles me. It should say David Howard by Meucci. Maybe they just took the Meucci part off of it.

Play Well!

Billiard Bill's
Buying-Selling-Trading
Text/call Bill 239.823.0408 (8am-7pm EST please)
billiardbills@gmail.com
Southwest Florida

Many thanks go to "Billiard Bills" for his excellent research and information of the Star of David Meucci cue I have for sale.

Apparently the " David Howard " logo without the "Meucci" underneath it is an uncommon variant.
Removing the bumper tells the story, and there is a big round headed screw there (as pictured). Not sure what year this was produced, but it may be one of the very first.

Cue is still available and still a bargain at $695.00 Bring some offers.

Yours is a real Star of David....it is one of my favorite Meuccis of all time. I used to collect Meucci cues long ago, and I have had had many of the Star of David cues. I was a Meucci dealer of many years, although retired now.

This one appears to have had a refinish at some point and time. If I were a betting man, I would bet that the "by Meucci" below the David Howard was lost in that refinish. The butt cap looks slightly rounded below the David Howard (usually done to remove chips in the edge of the butt cap), and the patina seems slightly whiter there, also.

I wouldn't think that would affect the value at all, though. A really nice survivor and these old Meucci cues play great.

The script "Meucci" logo cue is a remake run after 1983. They have built a few limited runs of the cue over the years, with the script logo. The 95-23 is seen more often than the white point remakes. The 95-23 had the reverse colors. Meucci has also had a couple of more recent runs of cues with the old "Meucci Original" logo, but not the Star of David" cue.

While in a lot of cases, the rounded weightbolt head might also help ID, they are easily changed and not absolute. The rounded rubber bumpers and size of the diameter of the hole in the butt sleeve are more indicative of the age than are characteristics that can be changed out .

david_hobutt_zps6d241cc1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Joe

Last edited:

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.9%
140   3   0
I had a David Howard model years ago.

I thought it was an Origional. Longtime ago. Too long to rember. It had his name on it.
The Giant Slayer line.
Nick :)

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I thought it was an Origional. Longtime ago. Too long to rember. It had his name on it.
The Giant Slayer line.
Nick :)

:shakehead:

No such thing as a Giant Slayer.

It is and always will be the Giant Killer.
:thumbup

And now finally, Budget Billiards got it right----------->

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Meucci-HOF-...600?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item485100a728

The Original Star of Davids came with the pill bumper with just David Howard on it and not By Meucci. This could be one of the early ones.:thumbup:

Last edited:

Dr Foot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
The new pictures should erase any doubt about the originality of this cue. Interesting that the "David Howard" logo font is different in size than another listed on this site, and this may be the "Giant Slayer". The color change in the end of the butt is a photo color error and not seen in real light.

Certainly a bargain at the listed price, and a great player as well.

Attachments

• photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 255
  • photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 264