Was just exposed to another great pool writer today. Jennifer Barretta. Who knew?

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
I just stumbled across Jennifer Barretta's pool blog and she is one incredible writer in my opinion. Along with holding your interest and painting great pictures with words and the superb writing style she also provokes thought and there are some great insights and lessons to be had as well. I wasn't a huge fan of the one political post I saw that she decided to include but I can forgive that. It doesn't seem that she posts very much but what she does post is most excellent and entertaining IMO. Give it a peek and see if you agree.
https://jenniferbarretta.wordpress.com/

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She had me until the gun control rant. May she age to look like Shrillary.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

justtapitin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She has me because of her gun control position. Keep your stupid guns away from your stupid kids so they don't take them to school and shoot up the place.

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She has me because of her gun control position. Keep your stupid guns away from your stupid kids so they don't take them to school and shoot up the place.
My kids were trained to not touch a gun, stay away and call an adult.

That's part of the NRA Eddy Eagle child gun safety program.

We don't teach steal your baby daddy's stolen gun, hold it sideways, and spray and pray because you were disrespected.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So, because someone dares hold a differing opinion, F them?

Differing opinions are what this country was allegedly founded upon.

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, because someone dares hold a differing opinion, F them?

Differing opinions are what this country was allegedly founded upon.

I'm with you :thumbup:

And what could possibly have gun control to do with shooting pool?
Seriously, justtapitin!

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member

I don't believe that kids should have unsupervised access to guns, however if you think that the mere access to guns will lead your child to gun down the school I think that there are bigger problems with your kids than just access to a gun.

If your kids have access to your car keys that does not mean they are going to get in the car and drive into the school yard either and if that is a concern for your kids then again there are bigger issues with your kids. I can go on. Hopefully every gun owner has made it clear that guns are not a toy.

ElLeon

Headshot
Silver Member
Her article was written days after the Sandy Hook school shootings (28 people/children gunned down).

I think that regardless of your personal opinions on gun control, it is a perfect time to discuss such things, directly after a massive tragedy like that.

Lets be subjective here, nothing was REALLY done after columbine to prevent or lessen the odds of mass murders, and the NRA has done more to prevent gun safety in this nation than any other organization could possibly have hoped to achieve (maximum 24 hour background check retention period, writing gun control regulation to be ineffective by design, direct control of ATF budget and intentional manipulation of ability to conduct regulatory inspections of gun retailers/inventory).

But, it's nothing that $28.9 million dollars couldn't sort out last year (NRA's political activism and palm-greasing budget).

And i'm a die-hard gun proponent who believes very strongly in having a well organized militia with citizens armed for the safety of our nation. But what the NRA does/represents is pretty much the exact opposite of gun safety.

Full disclosure: I'm a compliance auditor by trade. I've developed, implemented, and penned effective internal controls, budgets and regulations for federally funded organizations. What the NRA has penned and developed is about as effective as putting meth into rehab rooms for meth heads. That it hasn't worked should come as a surprise to nobody.

Last edited:

Prince H

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess she got back together with Pool then? Would like to see a follow up to those posts now that it's two years later.

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member
Her article was written days after the Sandy Hook school shootings (28 people/children gunned down).

I think that regardless of your personal opinions on gun control, it is a perfect time to discuss such things, directly after a massive tragedy like that.

Lets be subjective here, nothing was REALLY done after columbine to prevent or lessen the odds of mass murders, and the NRA has done more to prevent gun safety in this nation than any other organization could possibly have hoped to achieve (maximum 24 hour background check retention period, writing gun control regulation to be ineffective by design, direct control of ATF budget and intentional manipulation of ability to conduct regulatory inspections of gun retailers/inventory).

But, it's nothing that $28.9 million dollars couldn't sort out last year (NRA's political activism and palm-greasing budget).

And i'm a die-hard gun proponent who believes very strongly in having a well organized militia with citizens armed for the safety of our nation. But what the NRA does/represents is pretty much the exact opposite of gun safety.

Full disclosure: I'm a compliance auditor by trade. I've developed, implemented, and penned effective internal controls, budgets and regulations for federally funded organizations. What the NRA has penned and developed is about as effective as putting meth into rehab rooms for meth heads. That it hasn't worked should come as a surprise to nobody.

When you have a country that lets garbage like Hillary Clinton run for president and she spews anti gun rhetoric, you need something like the NRA in place!

Find out what the percentage is on gun violence by law abiding citizens as opposed to unlawful and then have a conversation about that!

Then, find out how many of the law abiding cases involved some form of drugs, and then we can converse about that!

The true culprit in gun violence is #1- stupid rejects feeling godly because they have a gun and think they need to prove a point and #2- the pharmaceutical companies and the garbage they inject in people!

These are the true causes!

Another example,, so I took my car and decided to run over 20 people at a baseball game. Many died and others are permanently handicapped! The detectives come to figure out what happened and they say,,,,"if the operator of the motor vehicle was running 195 60/15 tires as opposed to 235 75/15 there would be a high probability that there wouldn't of been so many deaths in the "accident"!

So let's all go to the tire companies and see if we could get them to make a tire that wouldn't kill so many people! Also, lets take a look at the vehicle and figure out why its so heavy! Because we all know if it was lighter, there wouldn't of been so many deaths in that "accident"!

Also, we should figure out why the automotive industry hasn't installed the device that doesn't allow a vehicle to run human beings over!

But don't worry about what type of drugs the operator of the vehicle was taking,,,,,, no way that could be a problem, right???

Nobody is taking my guns away from ME! The day they knock on my door and say hand them over,,, I say as long as you will be held responsible for any deaths that occur due to gun violence then they can have them, but they will be held responsible!

This is America, I don't tell you what is right and wrong, don't tell me!

Eli
Locked and loaded,,,, always!!!
MOLON LABE

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member
I just stumbled across Jennifer Barretta's pool blog and she is one incredible writer in my opinion. Along with holding your interest and painting great pictures with words and the superb writing style she also provokes thought and there are some great insights and lessons to be had as well. I wasn't a huge fan of the one political post I saw that she decided to include but I can forgive that. It doesn't seem that she posts very much but what she does post is most excellent and entertaining IMO. Give it a peek and see if you agree.
https://jenniferbarretta.wordpress.com/

The picture she painted for me is how dilussional she is!

Sorry, but maybe she needs to fire a few guns before she starts talking smack about them!

I understand the whole motherly thing but the problem truly is the ignorance of some. I'm not saying she doesn't have a right to speak about things, but speak about things you have experience in!!!

Jennifer, stick to pool and being a mom! Leave the guns alone and keep your tip well maintained!

Eli

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
The picture she painted for me is how dilussional she is!

Sorry, but maybe she needs to fire a few guns before she starts talking smack about them!

I understand the whole motherly thing but the problem truly is the ignorance of some. I'm not saying she doesn't have a right to speak about things, but speak about things you have experience in!!!

Like I said I don't agree with her stance on that topic either (and we can all go debate it to our hearts content over in NPR and trust me I have some overwhelmingly compelling arguments about it that would shut the rest of the arguments down) but she is certainly free to express her opinion on her own blog. The rest of the posts had some wonderful writing though. Read a few.

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member
Like I said I don't agree with her stance on that topic either (and we can all go debate it to our hearts content over in NPR and trust me I have some overwhelmingly compelling arguments about it that would shut the rest of the arguments down) but she is certainly free to express her opinion on her own blog. The rest of the posts had some wonderful writing though. Read a few.

I did! She gets a solid B:)

justtapitin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By the way, not one Republican is crying about the "gun-free" zone that will be the GOP convention. They claim gun-free zones are less safe. Wouldn't the convention be more safe if everyone in there was carrying? Why are the candidates not complaining?

ElLeon

Headshot
Silver Member
When you have a country that lets garbage like Hillary Clinton run for president and she spews anti gun rhetoric, you need something like the NRA in place!

Nobody is taking my guns away from ME! The day they knock on my door and say hand them over,,, I say as long as you will be held responsible for any deaths that occur due to gun violence then they can have them, but they will be held responsible!

This is America, I don't tell you what is right and wrong, don't tell me!

1) She fulfills all of the requirements to run for President in this nation. (irrespective of our personal opinion of her)

2) Curious what well organized militia you train with (The NRA is as much a militia as the corn lobby is, they function only as a lobbying organization at this point)? Also, nobody has said anything about taking your guns away, the aluminum foil hat must be blocking that info from sinking in.

3) You just told us who does/doesn't have the right to run for President, which is ironic considering your last sentence is that you cannot be told what to do (quoted above).

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1) She fulfills all of the requirements to run for President in this nation. (irrespective of our personal opinion of her)

2) Curious what well organized militia you train with (The NRA is as much a militia as the corn lobby is, they function only as a lobbying organization at this point)? Also, nobody has said anything about taking your guns away, the aluminum foil hat must be blocking that info from sinking in.

3) You just told us who does/doesn't have the right to run for President, which is ironic considering your last sentence is that you cannot be told what to do (quoted above).
2.She most certainly has called for the Australian modeled gun "buy back" as in we will buy back your guns with taxpayer money or you become a criminal by xyz date at which time men with guns will come to enforce it.....No thanks you old bat.I hope her anti gun BS position loses her the election.