Here's to all those who put up with a pool players journey

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
My beautiful wife passed away July 2nd, one week ago. I met her in a club back in 1993. My band was booked 4 nights straight there, and she was one of the bar tenders. Two years later we got married, then two years after that we started a family. Throughout the last 25 or so years, Heather remained tolerant of my pool playing and guitar playing nights. She was more than tolerant.....she was inspirationally involved, going to tournaments with me, going to band gigs... I once told her I'd give up pool and music if she wanted me to, and I'd be fine with it. She said those things are part of what makes me who I am, and there was no way she wanted me to be any different.

So here's to all those out there that have loving spouses and friends that always support you, that always strive to provide stability and happiness when things tend to fall apart. Cherish those you love, and work at making them as happy and as they make you.

picture.php

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great story. Reminded me of the sotry I read in Babe Cranfield's book on how his wife waited hours on end in the car while he had his exhibitions throughout the northeast. sad to hear of your loss but like you said, props to people who put up with that.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
My beautiful wife passed away July 2nd, one week ago. I met her in a club back in 1993. My band was booked 4 nights straight there, and she was one of the bar tenders. Two years later we got married, then two years after that we started a family. Throughout the last 25 or so years, Heather remained tolerant of my pool playing and guitar playing nights. She was more than tolerant.....she was inspirationally involved, going to tournaments with me, going to band gigs... I once told her I'd give up pool and music if she wanted me to, and I'd be fine with it. She said those things are part of what makes me who I am, and there was no way she wanted me to be any different.

So here's to all those out there that have loving spouses and friends that always support you, that always strive to provide stability and happiness when things tend to fall apart. Cherish those you love, and work at making them as happy and as they make you.

picture.php

Sincere condolences, Brian. I am sure you treasure every minute your lives intertwined. It also sounds as if you fully realize just how lucky a man you really are. She is a bright star in the firmament now...

sciarco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My condolences to you and your family i played and still play a lot of pool over the last 50 yrs, my wife has tolerated with the good and bad and we still love each other and that's all that matters.Again i'm very sorry for your loss.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
brian
sad news
very sorry for the loss of your loved one
condolences
larry

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry for you loss, I also met my wife at a pool hall. In fact, her sister and a good family friend all got married to people they met at that same pool hall as well.

That one place is closed now but it was responsible for at least 3 marriages and 6 kids so far, along with an extra 2 step kids for me (4 kids total).

I am lucky my wife understands my pool habit and extra lucky my son loves the game as much as anyone else I have ever met which gives us a great bond and allows us to play quite often.

picture.php

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry for you loss, I also met my wife at a pool hall. In fact, her sister and a good family friend all got married to people they met at that same pool hall as well.

That one place is closed now but it was responsible for at least 3 marriages and 6 kids so far, along with an extra 2 step kids for me (4 kids total).

I am lucky my wife understands my pool habit and extra lucky my son loves the game as much as anyone else I have ever met which gives us a great bond and allows us to play quite often.

That's good stuff. Be sure give your wife an extra hug and kiss today. If she asks what it's all about, just tell her how much you appreciate her.

babyboy70363

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry for your loss, and thanks for sharing a personal part of your life with all of us!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

picture.php

oh, Brian.

I can’t imagine your pain. It is a loss of knee buckling proportions and my heart is crushed feeling your loss. I too have been blessed with a wife who has supported me and I can barely imagine where you’re at right now.

I can only offer my thoughts and prayers.

Lou Figueroa

mamono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My condolences, sorry for your loss. That was a great story, thank you for sharing.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Deep condolencies Brian..your guardian angel will watch you from above now..stay strong :sorry: