Bored of the same old pool games?

Vinnie

pool is cool.
Silver Member
Many fun and challenging games exist out there. It only takes creativity and imagination! I have posted scoresheets and rules for several of them at this site...

http://www.fojavi.com/home/billiards-stuff (Site was hacked and taken down - FT - 2/16/23)

Examples include: Bowlliards, Equal Offense, Fargo, QSkill, 2-Ball, Gum Ball, and Ten-Twenty

If you have created a new game, post it on this thread.

Last edited:

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many fun and challenging games exist out there. It only takes creativity and imagination! I have posted scoresheets and rules for several of them at this site...

http://www.fojavi.com/home/billiards-stuff

Examples include: Bowlliards, Equal Offense, Fargo, QSkill, 2-Ball, Gum Ball, and Ten-Twenty

Allen Hopkins Q skill is by far my favorite, I don't know why it isn't used as much as Fargo (the rating not the "game") it really lets you know where you're at.

Vinnie

pool is cool.
Silver Member
Here is an old thread about a game I came up with years ago. It is so much fun. I decided to let the website go so the links do not work but there is a brief description of it on page two.

Sounds like a cool game! Thanks for your post. Here are the rules from that post...

E9 - Quick Start Guide

Rack the balls as in 9-ball.

Pick one of the foot corner pockets to be your pocket.

Break the balls. Player must hit the lowest numbered ball first on each shot.

Player shoots until his shot does not result in a ball in his own pocket or he wins.

4 Ways to Win:
The object of the game is to win in any one of the following (4) ways:

a) A player pockets the nine ball in his designated pocket via a legal shot.

b) A player pockets 5 balls in his designated pocket.

c) A player causes his opponent to commit 3 fouls in 3 consecutive innings.

d) Your opponent pockets a “winning” ball in your designated pocket.

At the end of a player's inning, all illegally potted and owed balls are spotted in numerical order from lowest to highest.

2 Kinds of Fouls

NON-Spotting Foul--
Cue ball table scratch, e.g. no rail, clean miss etc.
= ball in hand for opponent

Spotting Foul--
Cue ball pocketed, or jumped off table, or hitting the 9 first when it is not the lowest numbered ball, etc.
= spot one if you have one, or you owe one if you dont, ball in hand for opponent

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rotation 8 ball.. rack as usual, break as usual, Solids have
to run out 1 through 7, Stripes 9 through 15 in rotation.. puts
position play into the mix, and safeties. A little better on a 9'.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

http://www.fojavi.com/home/billiards-stuff

There is only one real pool game
STRAIGHT POOL