Russian v/s Kamui Chalk

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Have actually had the Kamui about four years ago it was.

1. Like lip balm.

2. Worked ok, but was very messy.

3. Got all over C/B, table, and me.

4. Was hard to remover.

5. Found the Kamui shall I say was because of the consistancy, was proned to clog the Tip. Tip needing frequent roughing up with 220 Sandpaper.

Now the question is as I have never ever seen, or used the Russian Magic, and have read great stuff about the product.

Is the Russian stuff more like what I call conventional Chalk, like Silver Cup, Master, or the Blue Diamond that is not so messy, and is not what I call like lip balm, and does not clog your tip.

Thanks for the replies, I hope to get.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have actually had the Kamui about four years ago it was.

1. Like lip balm.

2. Worked ok, but was very messy.

3. Got all over C/B, table, and me.

4. Was hard to remover.

5. Found the Kamui shall I say was because of the consistancy, was proned to clog the Tip. Tip needing frequent roughing up with 220 Sandpaper.

Now the question is as I have never ever seen, or used the Russian Magic, and have read great stuff about the product.

Is the Russian stuff more like what I call conventional Chalk, like Silver Cup, Master, or the Blue Diamond that is not so messy, and is not what I call like lip balm, and does not clog your tip.

Its like a cleaner, less dusty Master. Magic is the nuts.

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got a pair for the first time, I like it very much. Don't worry not like kamui

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Rmc

Not messy
Wont dirty the table,balls,ferrule,hands or shaft

Worth the money, no need to try anything else

mister__p

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I picked up a few boxes to try as I was also curious. Nb. I use Predator and BD most of the time.

1. Sticks on my break and jump cue far better than my usual chalks.
2. As it is gritty, it is not easy to layer chalk like you can with Predator on playing tips which may explain why some people say it's cleaner.
3. The amount of draw I got on the ball appeared to be slightly less/different compared to Predator/BD at various hit speeds requiring me to adjust.
4. Staying power seems as good as any other chalk but as a player who chalks every shot, I cannot say I had or ever will test it
5. The outer packaging is nice but the chalk themselves look cheap. The labels on my chalks were stuck on wonkily and there was some chipping and weird surface flaking in many places. Cosmetic I know but at the price point, it should look premium.

After 4 weeks using it, I switched back to Predator / BD and have given all but 1 cube away to my friends to try.

It's a decent chalk but not for me

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui now has a new formula. Their new chalk is called "Roku" I have no information about it, apart from it not being like the old 0.98 or 1.21.
The old ones was the rage for a short time before pool room owners across the world seemed to ban playing with it, due to the mess it made.
"Magic" chalk leaves alot of residue on the cueball, I`m not sold on it.
Taom is nicer, but it does leave some marks if your the type of guy who chalks between every shot.
To me the best chalk out there right now is G2. adheres really well, lasts a long time and doesnt make your hands or shaft smurf blue, there is also no visble residue on the table after playing. I even tried with a green G2 chalk on a Simonis tournament blue table and not a mark or line after 4 hours of playing.

angluse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't tried Kamui, only seen the mess it makes when I'm out playing somewhere. But I've used Magic awhile now. I'll use it when playing out, but I will no longer use it at home.

Pros:
- never ever miscues, so great to use in a match, in case I forget to chalk often
- not pasty, doesn't build up
- maybe a few more marks on ball than Master, but not bad at all
- safe to use at pool hall, doesn't leave any more mess on felt than Master would
- I use at pool hall, looks different and catches my eye, I won't forget it there
- even if I do lose it (no pocket chalker here), it's cheap enough to replace, unlike Kamui

Cons:
- makes as much mess on my hand as Master, but it's harder to wipe off. I usually have to wash my hands, not so with the Masters mess which wipes off.
- on home table, where there's a concentrated mess (e.g. practicing shooting from a specific spot), it won't break up with brushing. Rub fingers on the messy area, it feels nappy. The brush just wouldn't break it up, I had to vacuum - never had this experience with Master. I do vacuum anyway, but this it what caused me to stop using it at home.

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
I picked up a few boxes to try as I was also curious. Nb. I use Predator and BD most of the time.

1. Sticks on my break and jump cue far better than my usual chalks.
2. As it is gritty, it is not easy to layer chalk like you can with Predator on playing tips which may explain why some people say it's cleaner.
3. The amount of draw I got on the ball appeared to be slightly less/different compared to Predator/BD at various hit speeds requiring me to adjust.
4. Staying power seems as good as any other chalk but as a player who chalks every shot, I cannot say I had or ever will test it
5. The outer packaging is nice but the chalk themselves look cheap. The labels on my chalks were stuck on wonkily and there was some chipping and weird surface flaking in many places. Cosmetic I know but at the price point, it should look premium.

After 4 weeks using it, I switched back to Predator / BD and have given all but 1 cube away to my friends to try.

It's a decent chalk but not for me

I also really like the Predator chalk. You mention it and Blue Diamond in the same breath. How would you describe / compare those two?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Still using some Master Green as my go too, have had 3 or 4 twelve cube boxes that seem to have lasted for ever.

I tend not too loose my chalk, and use it until the piece is so small it breakers into two piceces. Then I start a new cube.