Brunswick Gold Crown III

HaiNhi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greetings everyone.

If I’m not mistaken, GC (from 3 and up maybe?) pool tables are pretty well respected for their construction, right?

How’s you think the GC3 carom table construction stack up with other brands?

I just picked one up, disassembled. And it looks pretty solid with 3”x5” beams.

My other Olhausen tables are all in glued/screwed up as a box so they are ridged. The GC3 are 2 leg assemblies with 2 beams and some cross members that need to bolted together. I wonder how solid GC3 frame is afterwards.

What type of wood is it? To me, aprons look like solid walnut, leg wraps are solid lamination at ends while they’re thin veneer in the middle, all walnut I hope? Rail tops are laminate unfortunately (durable but can’t be refinished like real wood).

I noticed some European made brands (I only saw the frames from Jimar, Cheviollette, and Gabriels) have steel I-beams and metal legs. So no question these setups are super strong for the super thick slates.

My GC3 table is missing its original set of slates. I’ll try to get a set of thick slates (60mm or something). If anyone knows of a good source, please advice as well.

Thanks.

Attachments

• D5D94A25-F6F9-468E-B3A1-37D5D00E35BB.jpg
    D5D94A25-F6F9-468E-B3A1-37D5D00E35BB.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 412

coalcracker

Registered
You might try calling Mark Gregory, 770-548-4292, or leave him a message at www.perfectpocketz.com. He knows everything Gold Crowns and my have, or be able to find you some slates. He just restored my GC 1 and did an phenomenal job.

Last edited:
Greetings everyone.

If I’m not mistaken, GC (from 3 and up maybe?) pool tables are pretty well respected for their construction, right?

How’s you think the GC3 carom table construction stack up with other brands?

I just picked one up, disassembled. And it looks pretty solid with 3”x5” beams.

My other Olhausen tables are all in glued/screwed up as a box so they are ridged. The GC3 are 2 leg assemblies with 2 beams and some cross members that need to bolted together. I wonder how solid GC3 frame is afterwards.

What type of wood is it? To me, aprons look like solid walnut, leg wraps are solid lamination at ends while they’re thin veneer in the middle, all walnut I hope? Rail tops are laminate unfortunately (durable but can’t be refinished like real wood).

I noticed some European made brands (I only saw the frames from Jimar, Cheviollette, and Gabriels) have steel I-beams and metal legs. So no question these setups are super strong for the super thick slates.

My GC3 table is missing its original set of slates. I’ll try to get a set of thick slates (60mm or something). If anyone knows of a good source, please advice as well.

Thanks.

Looks as thou the top of the frame on the long sides of the frame are missing the top part of the frame. Look at the short end pieces of the frame and notice the top of the frame on the been.
That’s why it was disassembled when you picked it up.
We have spoken before, call me.
Thank
Mark Gregory

HaiNhi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks both.

Mark, yes indeed. They couldn’t locate those pieces. It’s my friend’s pool hall. Things got thrown out before I knew about it. :). Haha, now it’s at my expense to get the frame finished and new slates.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You'd better think about some other slates, there's no way you're going to support 30mm slates on that frame and keep it level.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Interesting that it looks like it has a GC I/II frame. But the rails and aprons are definitely GC III.