Can these be fixed? (Rails)

Hinekanman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was wondering what i can do to fix my rails. The hole closest to you is where im going to be referring to. You see where the rail ends, where there is only a small strip of wood, that parts is broken. Does anyone have a suggestion how to repair that?

Attachments

• IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 371

Hinekanman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s the end of the rail. Where it gets tightened down to the slate. The white part on the left is the facing if I’m not mistaken. This is the underside of the rail at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
This photo is horrible, but I believe you are referring to the area that secures the pocket castings..

The hole at the end of the rail, is where the casting inserts. The counterbored hole on the top side is where the pocket casting screw is inserted.. Correct?

You can remove the broken wood, replace it with new wood, and re-tool it to match the existing profile.

Otherwise, you can use a JB Weld epoxy putty to rebuild the broken area. You may still need to re-tool the area. If you do a decent job forming it, you may be able to get away just with using a file and basic hand tools.