What's your opinion?

pistolero

2 of the 3 boys
Silver Member
Hello I am new to AZ and I have a Burgoyne and I was wondering what you think this might cost and opinions? thanks leo
DSC09624.jpg

DSC09625.jpg

DSC09626.jpg

DSC09627.jpg

DSC09629.jpg

DSC09631.jpg

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Holy Sh-- that Beautiful. Way out of my class . Wish I could help with a price, but if I have to ask, I can't afford it. Thanks for showing it. Jim

junksecret

Certified Fish
Silver Member
Well, I thought Brandon was jokin' with his guess, especially for a cue with this much work however I looked in the new blue book and it days Robert Burgoyne's cues are listed under Q-Works and that his level 5 cues, the highest level listed, are $900 and up for a perfect cue.

I will say, it certainly is a beauty and with all the work in both the butt and the shafts, I'd think it would be the TOP of the Q-Works market, whatever that is.

Hope this helps some and welcome to AZ.

Joe

pistolero

2 of the 3 boys
Silver Member
Thank you for you responses. I saw the blue book and I thought it was a starting point? So if this cue was made by Art Cantando it would be valued at $2000 ? Or an Ed Young $1950? Just a thought

Last edited:

paulybatz

"The Professor"
Silver Member
But that is just it...

But that is just the point...its not.

If it was made by either of those two you mentioned the inlay work would be much cleaner...flawless. I also bet that it does not play as good as an Ed Young either.

Don't get me wrong it IS a nice cue, not my flavor. However, there is a lot of work in it for sure, especially those fancy shafts.

pistolero said:
Thank you for you responses. I saw the blue book and I thought was a stating point? So if this cue was made by Art Cantando it would be valued at $2000 ? Or an Ed Young $1950? Just a thought

pistolero

2 of the 3 boys
Silver Member
I'm not saying that it should be valued like an Ed Young. The work is not as clean as other well known makers. However in the blue book It has Cantando and Youngs Level 5 cues at about $2000 and Burgoyne at $900.

If this was made by a known maker like young it would be valued at least $4000, why not at least $1500 for burgoyne?

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
pistolero said:
I'm not saying that it should be valued like an Ed Young. The work is not as clean as other well known makers. However in the blue book It has Cantando and Youngs Level 5 cues at about $2000 and Burgoyne at $900.

If this was made by a known maker like young it would be valued at least $4000, why not at least $1500 for burgoyne?

Its a nice cue...but....
The workmanship would have to be a lot better for that kind of $$. for example from the photos;
the points are very uneven,and dont look super sharp. There could be other issues with a closer look?
Top cuemakers would not have let that out of the shop based soley on that.Thus the price difference.
Don't rely to heavily on the blue book for pricing. It is VERY flawed at times.
just my opinion.

Jayman.

pistolero

2 of the 3 boys
Silver Member
jayman said:
Its a nice cue...but....
The workmanship would have to be a lot better for that kind of $$. for example from the photos;
the points are very uneven,and dont look super sharp. There could be other issues with a closer look?
Top cuemakers would not have let that out of the shop based soley on that.Thus the price difference.
Don't rely to heavily on the blue book for pricing. It is VERY flawed at times.
just my opinion.

Jayman.
Thank you for the explanation.

Leo

bish4201

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look at the finish. Waves good buy to ya! Not a cue with any real vlaue. I don't know of him or his work but from those pics that is not a well executed clean cue my any means. I do not mean to bash it but he has a lot of learning to do. Exotic though. Just not my flavor even if it was executed well.

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you can get Level 5 Ed Youngs and Art Cantanodos for under $2000,i will buy everyone of them.

i don't know much about the cuemaker,but i think $900 would be a real tough sale.the Blue Book is basically useless for judging most cue's values.

dave sutton

Banned
masonh said:
if you can get Level 5 Ed Youngs and Art Cantanodos for under $2000,i will buy everyone of them.

i don't know much about the cuemaker,but i think $900 would be a real tough sale.the Blue Book is basically useless for judging most cue's values.
very well said. I use the bluebook for picture refrence only. I disreguard every number in the book.

As far as the cue. Its a great idea but just not executed well. Love the theme but the points are off and the inlays are not sharp. Also the uniloc joint is a huge turnoff to me. I repair but will never build a cue. Its not bad for a cheap custom but it has little to no resale value.

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have heard stories about really good playing Uni-Loc cues,but have yet to find one,and i ahve had a couple top named Uni-Loc cues,dead,dead,dead.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
masonh said:
i have heard stories about really good playing Uni-Loc cues,but have yet to find one,and i ahve had a couple top named Uni-Loc cues,dead,dead,dead.
A friend of mine a curly maple uni loc Zylr.
Hits insanely great.

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
I also had a Zylr with a Uni Loc that hit remarkably well. I would never have believed that judging from the way most Uni Locs hit. I also understand Dennis S. used to make a great hitting Uni, too.

Steve

junksecret

Certified Fish
Silver Member
pistolero said:
Thank you for you responses. I saw the blue book and I thought it was a starting point? So if this cue was made by Art Cantando it would be valued at $2000 ? Or an Ed Young $1950? Just a thought

Btw, as for the value of the cue, as many have pointed out here the Blue Book is a guide at BEST. If you REALLY want to know what it's worth....it's whatever someone will pay, you can put it up on ebay and get some REAL opinions in the form of bids.

JMO

Joe

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
masonh said:
I have two uni-loc SEARINGS enough said.

Kittinner

Kittinner
I enjoy the bashing considering those that are bashing know nothing about Robert. All hand inlaid, hand made cues. Each of the cuemakers he's compared to are using pantographs and cnc machines. I'll say this for his cues, they hit like a dream - both the Uni-lock and the 5/16-14. I have 56 cues from Black Boar to Action and I've got a $100 bill says you can't tell which have a Uni-lock joint by the hit, just saying.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
I enjoy the bashing considering those that are bashing know nothing about Robert. All hand inlaid, hand made cues. Each of the cuemakers he's compared to are using pantographs and cnc machines. I'll say this for his cues, they hit like a dream - both the Uni-lock and the 5/16-14. I have 56 cues from Black Boar to Action and I've got a $100 bill says you can't tell which have a Uni-lock joint by the hit, just saying.

So you bump a 12 year old post for shit talking?