JOB's Music City Open Thread

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went to JOB's in 2002, for the WPC event. Had a great time & business was good. Jim Blaylock was a gracious host & lord only knows he can be a character. The best of the best were there, it was a great turnout.

They had a tournament room dedicated to 9 footers & bleachers for lots of good seating.

The action table, just a few feet inside the door was busy,busy, busy. Joe Blackburn had a Cue Repair Shop & things were great.

The weekend came & the place was wall to wall people...

Fragged

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fatboy said:
cliff just beat SVB, Archer is in the losers side and alex and shannon are about hill/hill my spy couldnt get a perfect read on the beads but its close

and fatboy is in the room pissed off with a crippling backache, the pills just made me sick today. so i'm here making the most of it

Stick with Aspirin, Advil, Tylenol if this back pain is a long term thing. A lot of those prescription pain pills have strong arms and they dont let go if you take them more than a month. Half of the Southeast has a problem with them and it aint pretty.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Fragged said:
Stick with Aspirin, Advil, Tylenol if this back pain is a long term thing. A lot of those prescription pain pills have strong arms and they dont let go if you take them more than a month. Half of the Southeast has a problem with them and it aint pretty.

Aspirin and the likes will tear your stomach up over time. If you drink while taking them...its 10 times worse. It just leads to another problem for you .Johnnyt

MikeJanis

Banned
FATBOY, at the DCC I had a severe back ache. My Wife the Nurse rubbed mineral oils on my back, fed me 4 200mg Ibuprofin pills (Motrin) and place a heat patch on my back twice a day. I worked great to relieve the pain.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Fatboy said:
cliff just beat SVB, Archer is in the losers side and alex and shannon are about hill/hill my spy couldnt get a perfect read on the beads but its close

and fatboy is in the room pissed off with a crippling backache, the pills just made me sick today. so i'm here making the most of it

AT least you can earn some REP with good reports like this. :D

JoeyA

Hambone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Defending champ Gabe Owen has been put out already. John Schmidt was on the one loss side last night. They were only going to play a round or two on the winners side today, mainly matches from the one loss side then have the midnight madness tourny($500 entry,winner take all) start around 10pm I believe.

Shane beat Hennessy another 10 ball set last night. Pickle and a kid named Tommy were playing a set for a large amount. At 5:30 this morning they had been playing for about 6 hours and were dead even in an 11 ahead match.
Alex P. provided plenty of entertainment till one to many shots put him down. Hope he's feeling better today. The arm-wrestler Brent also popped in but could'nt get any action at his favorite game.

I'll try and give a better update in the morning. I'm leaving now to watch'em play.

Hambone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One more before I go, I just checked my phone it had a text message that local Josh O'neill had beat Johnny Archer 11-4 to put him in the loser bracket earlier today.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my back problems are way to sever for OTC drugs, i have had 2 major 6 hour operations in the last 2 years, i have a 12" scar to prove it, and one minor operation, I have a musclular disease in there, possibly MD I am leaving for germany and france in 3 weeks for more work on it. I have been on Perscription drugs for it for over 3 years, i am very careful with them, i hate them. I was at one point in bed 23 hours a day for 7 months, no sex nothing it was bad, i have been down all day, the pain comes and goes without reason which is consistant with MD, I'm getting a biopsy next month, the orthopedic issues have been resolved. i had/have 2 diseases in the same spot. I have had problems my whole life with this, i wish layng down and asprins would solve the problem. it has ruined the past 3 years for me, i can only play pool about 25% of the time I want to. i'm mostly bed bound and working on the phone, if i DIDNT OWN BUSINESSES AND HAD TO BE AT AN OFFICE OR HAVe a job I would be on disability, sorry about the caps. i have been to my office once in the past 18 months, i have good managment, i just work from bed sux. at the Derby i was only out of the room 6 hours a day-in bed the rest of the time

Last edited:

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hambone said:
Defending champ Gabe Owen has been put out already. John Schmidt was on the one loss side last night. They were only going to play a round or two on the winners side today, mainly matches from the one loss side then have the midnight madness tourny($500 entry,winner take all) start around 10pm I believe.

Shane beat Hennessy another 10 ball set last night. Pickle and a kid named Tommy were playing a set for a large amount. At 5:30 this morning they had been playing for about 6 hours and were dead even in an 11 ahead match.
Alex P. provided plenty of entertainment till one to many shots put him down. Hope he's feeling better today. The arm-wrestler Brent also popped in but could'nt get any action at his favorite game.

I'll try and give a better update in the morning. I'm leaving now to watch'em play.

How are you, Hambone? Happy New Year! Nice to hear you're still around town and reporting the action. Thanks again for the hospitality.

Dave

Warren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fatboy said:
my back problems are way to sever for OTC drugs, i have had 2 major 6 hour operations in the last 2 years, i have a 12" scar to prove it, and one minor operation, I have a musclular disease in there, possibly MD I am leaving for germany and france in 3 weeks for more work on it. I have been on Perscription drugs for it for over 3 years, i am very careful with them, i hate them. I was at one point in bed 23 hours a day for 7 months, no sex nothing it was bad, i have been down all day, the pain comes and goes without reason which is consistant with MD, I'm getting a biopsy next month, the orthopedic issues have been resolved. i had/have 2 diseases in the same spot. I have had problems my whole life with this, i wish layng down and asprins would solve the problem. it has ruined the past 3 years for me, i can only play pool about 25% of the time I want to. i'm mostly bed bound and working on the phone, if i DIDNT OWN BUSINESSES AND HAD TO BE AT AN OFFICE OR HAVe a job I would be on disability, sorry about the caps. i have been to my office once in the past 18 months, i have good managment, i just work from bed sux. at the Derby i was only out of the room 6 hours a day-in bed the rest of the time

fatboy, i hear ya when your talking about the OTC drugs, they don't work for crippling pain -- your not talking about an "ache". i had back surgery a few months ago and OTC painkillers are useless. i was also bed ridden, couldn't sit in a chair and could not stand up straight. the surgery helped alot but obviously i needed prescription drugs. but, i am telling you, you owe it to yourself to at least try a good osteopathic physician. i am not talking about orthapedics, this is completely different. your situation is ideal for this type of treatment. tell me where you are located and i will find out a kick-ass D.O. near you (i work at a osteopathic medical school) -- it is not going to hurt anything to try, so you have nothing to lose.

i would be surprised if your condition is a type of MD. most of these are pretty easy to diagnose with a genetic test, and if your only problem is your back -- that would be unusual. one thing you can do in the meantime is lose weight, which will help -- i realize that is pretty damn hard to do if you are stuck in bed. walking is great is you can handle it, because not only do you burn up the calories, it is good for the muscles in your back. warren..

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JoeyA said:
AT least you can earn some REP with good reports like this. :D

JoeyA

i try and make all my posts good but I usually dont have rail birds reporting to me, i am in the room down the street-sux

happy new year sir!!

MikeJanis

Banned
Who's left in the Midnight Madness event ?

PS. Please tell JOB I said hay. When he grumbles a bit let him know I am still kicking myself in the AZZZZZZ for not buying the Camel bike from him. He made me an offer of a lifetime on that bike but I just didn't have the dough.

Mj

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MikeJanis said:
Who's left in the Midnight Madness event ?

PS. Please tell JOB I said hay. When he grumbles a bit let him know I am still kicking myself in the AZZZZZZ for not buying the Camel bike from him. He made me an offer of a lifetime on that bike but I just didn't have the dough.

Mj

they had 8 and wanted 16, i dont think they got there, the calcutta started at 1030, so there might be half left perhaps more, i'm sure Archer is still in it, he is out of the tournment, going to bed good night

Hambone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane beat Archer 11 to 5 to win the midnight madness. He made it look very easy by starting out with an 8 pack.

Regular play starts up at 1pm today. Still on the winners side are

Josh O'neal vs Jose Parica
Cliff Joyner vs Ronnie Wiseman
Jeremy Hart vs Chris Bartrum
Shannon Daulton vs Tommy D'Alphonso

1 loss side

Tony Fargo vs Gabe Appollas
Alex Pagulyon vs Brian Jones
John Hennessee vs Sparky Ferrull
Shane Van Boening vs Rafael Martinez

Hambone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Dave hope you are doing well. Hope you make it down south again.

Mike, which bike did he offer to sell you? There were two Camel bikes Jim had built. One was a custom Harley I believe and the other was a Boss Hoss with a 350 V8 motor. Both were jaw dropping good looking. The first was raffled off probably 10 years ago. Not sure what happened to the Boss Hoss.

BPG24

Banned
Hambone said:
Shane beat Archer 11 to 5 to win the midnight madness. He made it look very easy by starting out with an 8 pack.

Regular play starts up at 1pm today. Still on the winners side are

Josh O'neal vs Jose Parica
Cliff Joyner vs Ronnie Wiseman
Jeremy Hart vs Chris Bartrum
Shannon Daulton vs Tommy D'Alphonso

1 loss side

Tony Fargo vs Gabe Appollas
Alex Pagulyon vs Brian Jones
John Hennessee vs Sparky Ferrull
Shane Van Boening vs Rafael Martinez

Thanks for the updates. Rep to you

merkyone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i just heard that there was an altercation of sorts between hennessee and sparky... any details???

MikeJanis

Banned
Hambone said:
Hey Dave hope you are doing well. Hope you make it down south again.

Mike, which bike did he offer to sell you? There were two Camel bikes Jim had built. One was a custom Harley I believe and the other was a Boss Hoss with a 350 V8 motor. Both were jaw dropping good looking. The first was raffled off probably 10 years ago. Not sure what happened to the Boss Hoss.

It was the Boss with the ZZ1 motor. I bought my Harley instead because I could get financing on it. Wait a minute.......OUCH, yep still kicking myself.

Mj

Last edited: