Brian White

MikeJanis

Banned
Brian, just a note in an open forum from me to you.

Brian, we have known each other for some time. We have always gotten along and never had bad words to say to each other. I always considered it a pleasure to have you at my events. Your personality is entertaining and genuine and I have always (Except when you lose, but that is expected from someone thats put their heart into playing the game as much as you do.) enjoyed your company.

The point of this letter is simple. If you see the Viking Tour, which has always been predominately and Open tour since 1994 adding 5X the norml money to our Amateur events, what do you think we will do to the Open events? I can tell you this. They are not going away anytime soon. Please be patient and allow me to do what I do best and I am positive you will be pleasantly surprised.

Sincerely,

Mj

Last edited:

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
MikeJanis said:
Brian, just a note in an open forum from me to you.Brian, we have known each other for some time.* We have always gotten along and never had bad words to say to each other.* I always considered it a pleasure to have you at my events.* Your personality is entertaining and genuine and I have always (Except when you lose, but that is expected from someone thats put their heart into playing the game as much as you do.) enjoyed your company. The point of this letter is simple.* If you see the Viking Tour, which has always been predominately and Open tour since 1994 adding 5X the norml money to our Amateur events, what do you think we will do to the Open events?* I can tell you this.* They are not going away anytime soon.* Please be patient and allow me to do what I do best and I am positive you will be pleasantly surprised.Sincerely,Mj

Well I have seen what you have done for the Amateur events and Im sure the Open events will be just as amazing. I will continue to support both Open and Amateur events. I do feel you have done alot for pool in the Southeast and I hope it continues. JMO.

Southpaw

Last edited:

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Southpaw said:
Well I have seen what you have done for the Amateur events and Im sure the Open events will be just as amazing. I will continue to support both Open and Amateur events. I do feel you have done alot for poor in the Southeast and I hope it continues. JMO.

Southpaw

lol, Robin Hood? I think you meant pool, but maybe not. Anyway, B Whizzle is one of my good friends as he is yours and I can definitely see his and others' frustration, but he has to see that from a business standpoint the amateur tourneys, for right now, are more attractive to the room owners, sponsors, and most players. I hope that both types of events can be just as profitable for all involved in the future.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Mike, I appreciate your concern but it doesnt seem like this guy can be pleased. In the real world, you just cant please everyone and as a business man, you have to favor the masses. In the pool world, the amateur player is the majority. Yes, it kind of sucks that the better you get, the harder it gets... but thats life.

If he has been winning open events for the past 10 years... he needs to speed up his game and call himself a professional. Then start acting like one.

B_White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MikeJanis said:
Brian, just a note in an open forum from me to you.

Brian, we have known each other for some time. We have always gotten along and never had bad words to say to each other. I always considered it a pleasure to have you at my events. Your personality is entertaining and genuine and I have always (Except when you lose, but that is expected from someone thats put their heart into playing the game as much as you do.) enjoyed your company.

The point of this letter is simple. If you see the Viking Tour, which has always been predominately and Open tour since 1994 adding 5X the norml money to our Amateur events, what do you think we will do to the Open events? I can tell you this. They are not going away anytime soon. Please be patient and allow me to do what I do best and I am positive you will be pleasantly surprised.

Sincerely,

Mj
All i am trying to say is what are good regional players supposed to do without open events. If you say that these amateur tournaments will improve open events then we must take your word for it. I for one just don't see how they could do anything but hurt. And on another note i'm sick of all these people bashing someone's opinion when they probably can't even play pool to a high level. UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE FOR SOMEONE TO SAY " YOU CAN'T DO WHAT YOU LOVE AND WHAT YOU HAVE WORKED HARD TO DO" THEN KEEP YOUR MOUTHS SHUT. As to you Mike, thanks for this post regardless of how everything turns out.
Brian White

worldison2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
B_White said:
. And on another note i'm sick of all these people bashing someone's opinion when they probably can't even play pool to a high level. UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE FOR SOMEONE TO SAY " YOU CAN'T DO WHAT YOU LOVE AND WHAT YOU HAVE WORKED HARD TO DO" THEN KEEP YOUR MOUTHS SHUT.
Brian White

Brian, I didn't know that I had to play professional level pool to have an opinion here. Thanks for clearing that up.
If you can't take opinions of others, why are you putting yours in a public forum?
You really want us to just sit back and listen to your rantings quietly? Go start your own forum.

B_White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
worldison2 said:
Brian, I didn't know that I had to play professional level pool to have an opinion here. Thanks for clearing that up.
If you can't take opinions of others, why are you putting yours in a public forum?
You really want us to just sit back and listen to your rantings quietly? Go start your own forum.
I just feel like to speak on this particular subject you need to have some experience in what its like to be banned from tours based on your ability. The fact of the matter is that the average Joe pool player has no clue how we feel.

tigerseye

Kenny Wilson
Silver Member
B_White said:
I just feel like to speak on this particular subject you need to have some experience in what its like to be banned from tours based on your ability. The fact of the matter is that the average Joe pool player has no clue how we feel.

I see you didn't play at the weekly tourney at playworld this week...I started to but had to work too late today...

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
Brian,
Maybe you don't know how the average Joe pool player feels either. The first time I brought an amateur only tour to your area, I was told in advance by many players, that there were two players who, if they were allowed to play, these players would not waste their money. You were one of the two players, and I think you probably remember who the other was.
Maybe the "average Joe" poolplayer just figured that if they could play on a more even playing field, they might enjoy it more and actually feel like they could possibly cash out.
The open tours aren't going anywhere. There are plenty of them around the southeast. Why is it so bad that the lower skill level players have their own tournaments.

In professional baseball, there are a lot more opportunities in the minor leagues than there are in the majors. What would happen if ARod wanted to play for the Hickory Crawdads???? I suspect his personal stats would look pretty darn good...but would it mean as much to him if he is winning in the minors as it does when he performs in the majors?

You are better than most. You gotta deal with it.

Steve

tigerseye

Kenny Wilson
Silver Member
pooltchr said:
Brian,
Maybe you don't know how the average Joe pool player feels either. The first time I brought an amateur only tour to your area, I was told in advance by many players, that there were two players who, if they were allowed to play, these players would not waste their money. You were one of the two players, and I think you probably remember who the other was.
Maybe the "average Joe" poolplayer just figured that if they could play on a more even playing field, they might enjoy it more and actually feel like they could possibly cash out.
The open tours aren't going anywhere. There are plenty of them around the southeast. Why is it so bad that the lower skill level players have their own tournaments.

In professional baseball, there are a lot more opportunities in the minor leagues than there are in the majors. What would happen if ARod wanted to play for the Hickory Crawdads???? I suspect his personal stats would look pretty darn good...but would it mean as much to him if he is winning in the minors as it does when he performs in the majors?

You are better than most. You gotta deal with it.

Steve

I guess the other 124 players on the PGA should stop wasting thier money trying to beat Tiger...Ohh wait. I know why they don't. They got heart. Yea i said it....HEART!! Jeez, when i was a rookie i wanted to play all players. Especially the good ones. then i could say i beat whoever it was. But these days it seems everyone is content on playing decent pool. You'll never get anywhere with that attitude...

tigerseye

Kenny Wilson
Silver Member
Varney Cues said:
BWhiz I believe he's speaking of Asheville.
Does Dana still own Playworld tigerseye?

Don't know. I haven't been there yet. I just moved into this area and haven't learned where to go. Of course i have taken a few years away from serious pool but i am getting the itch again.

custmqs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tigerseye said:
I guess the other 124 players on the PGA should stop wasting thier money trying to beat Tiger...Ohh wait. I know why they don't. They got heart. Yea i said it....HEART!! Jeez, when i was a rookie i wanted to play all players. Especially the good ones. then i could say i beat whoever it was. But these days it seems everyone is content on playing decent pool. You'll never get anywhere with that attitude...

What does the "P" in PGA stand for again? Not sure your example holds the proverbial water...