Beware of Royce827

Sounds like it was more the agreeing to 450, then pulling back to 400, then refusing to pay for shipping, and then on top of that not paying the fees properly.

Of course the seller could have just said not after the 450 didn’t work out. But I get that after things pile up, you decide it’s not something you want to deal with.

OP says it took days for refund, and seller claims he refunded it ASAP. The whole thing sounds like a mess.

If what the OP said was all true, then the seller is the bad guy in this situation. I can only assume that the seller agreed to take $400 shipped, plus the cost of covering the paypal fee. After the seller received the OP's payment, and seen that it was a little short, he could have easily requested another dollar (or whatever) in order to receive the full agreed upon amount of $400 shipped for the cue, but no, if the rest of the story is true, then he decided to keep the OP's money, not ship the cue, lie about shipping the cue, and then continue to try and sell it at a higher price. If he was not happy with the $400 shipped (or $399.75, lol), then he should have at the very least refunded the OP right away (if he was unhappy with the price), instead of lying about shipping it out, and seemingly continuing to try and get offers from other interested buyers (if there were any others). That is a really bad way of doing business (hold onto a buyers money for a few days, after making a deal, in hopes of receiving a better offer). Who does something like that?

Last edited:
I have issued full and partial refunds thru paypal. It can take time to show up on the other end. Sometimes days. I send the transaction number to calm the impatient ones down.

Sometimes you cannot make somebody happy no matter the honesty, effort and cash back.

This whole thread does sound a mess,
But an eye opener, nonetheless.

Even if that is true, if the OP is being honest about the entire story, then the seller lied about shipping the cue, and did not send a refund until days later, when the OP inquired about the shipment of the cue.

Also looks like the seller was extremely rude about the situation (all over being shorted 25 cents?).

I think it was more of agreeing on a price and then the guy coming back and renegotiating before he sent the money. Though I’m not sure.

Either way is suspect, but renegotiating is much better than just sending less.

Yeah, we do not know if a deal was set in stone before the money was sent. This is exactly why I think that paypal invoices should always be created. If a seller sends a buyer a paypal invoice, then he is agreeing to ship the item (described in the invoice) for the amount of the invoice (and not a quarter less, which seems to have been the deal breaker in this situation, lol).

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even if that is true, if the OP is being honest about the entire story, then the seller lied about shipping the cue, and did not send a refund until days later, when the OP inquired about the shipment of the cue.

Also looks like the seller was extremely rude about the situation (all over being shorted 25 cents?).

Son, this is big boy talk now so time for you to go play. You don't want to be part of this no way. Not to mention you're missing the most important parts. Go play and mommy will tell u when dinner is ready.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
That is not the point though. Why are people going off topic on here? The point is that a deal was made for the purchase of the cue, and the seller was dishonest about shipping it (apparently). What the buyer would have done with the cue (after he received it) is a completely different topic. Why do people always go off topic in a discussion thread?

The children should go play while the grownups are speaking. The OP started changing up the terms after paying, Royce refunded him.

Here's a hypothetical: If someone wants to buy a shaft from me, like this guy Justin Bryson did one time, starts being incredibly rude to me about it, and I refund him immediately [which I did], then Justin Bryson comes on AZ to make a whiny thread, which he did - it doesn't matter why the seller refunded at that point.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Son, this is big boy talk now so time for you to go play. You don't want to be part of this no way. Not to mention you're missing the most important parts. Go play and mommy will tell u when dinner is ready.

Ahaha, I had the same thought - you beat me to it

The point is there are quite a few red flags in the OPs prior dealings which may mean he’s not telling the whole story.

The seller refuted all of the accusations, so it’s a he said/he said issue. Not sure where your “apparently” statement comes from unless you didn’t read the whole thread.

The OP did post a picture of a conversation that he had with the seller (through Text messaging), when asking about the shipping of the cue. The replies from the seller say a lot about his character I think.

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The OP did post a picture of a conversation that he had with the seller (through Text messaging), when asking about the shipping of the cue. The replies from the seller say a lot about his character I think.

You should be a detective. You'd be great.

I think you are not following what is going on here. There is a bigger picture.

The bigger picture does not have anything to do with the point of this thread though. If the seller made a deal with the OP to ship the cue for $400 shipped (plus paypal fees), and was shorted 25 cents, then he should have asked the OP for an extra dollar, and did his part, and shipped the cue. What the OP would have done with the cue is his own business, and in an unknown future.

People are going way off topic on here.

I am no child, okay? I have been doing business for close to 20 years. I have probably done more business transactions then any of you guys over the years.

The children should go play while the grownups are speaking. The OP started changing up the terms after paying, Royce refunded him.

Here's a hypothetical: If someone wants to buy a shaft from me, like this guy Justin Bryson did one time, starts being incredibly rude to me about it, and I refund him immediately [which I did], then Justin Bryson comes on AZ to make a whiny thread, which he did - it doesn't matter why the seller refunded at that point.

I think that bringing up private matters that are completely off topic is pretty childish.

Can we please not get into something that is in the past, and completely off topic?

If you want though, we can talk about that publicly.

I do not mind going over the private details of our past deal.

If people would follow through, and ship when they say they are going to ship, then things like this would not happen.

The behavior on this forum is so unbelievable.

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I am no child, okay? I have been doing business for close to 20 years. I have probably done more business transactions then any of you guys over the years.

Ha! That's good, a businessman that throws tantrums and expects life to wait just for him. Please get some perspective, and just try to focus on being good to people instead of making a living flipping $60 cues that end up having cracked ferrules. That ferrule took more time out of your life than any $60 deal should have.

I think that bringing up private matters that are completely off topic is pretty childish.

Can we please not get into something that is in the past, and completely off topic?

If you want though, we can talk about that publicly.

I do not mind going over the private details of our past deal.

The behavior on this forum is so unbelievable.

But it's on topic, I gave a relevant example of the supposed etiquette that was violated. I refunded you, you got your cash back immediately. What was private? I am drawing from a thread that some goof put on the internet. At that point, it doesn't matter what the buyer wants, his money is returned and the deal is dead.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
The bigger picture does not have anything to do with the point of this thread though. If the seller made a deal with the OP to ship the cue for $400 shipped (plus paypal fees), and was shorted 25 cents, then he should have asked the OP for an extra dollar, and did his part, and shipped the cue. What the OP would have done with the cue is his own business, and in an unknown future.

People are going way off topic on here.

Justin, The seller, imo, agreed to $400 and buyer pays shipping. When net to him was $399.75 i think he felt his hand was being forced and acted in a way that he thought was in his best interest. What would you have done if someone negotiated VERY hard on the purchase price and then attempted to finesse you into also covering shipping?

We all know that pimpin aint easy, but, should it be brutal?

Ha! That's good, a businessman that throws tantrums and expects life to wait just for him. Please get some perspective, and just try to focus on being good to people instead of making a living flipping $60 cues that end up having cracked ferrules. That ferrule took more time out of your life than any $60 deal should have.

But it's on topic, I gave a relevant example of the supposed etiquette that was violated. I refunded you, you got your cash back immediately. What was private? I am drawing from a thread that some goof put on the internet. At that point, it doesn't matter what the buyer wants, his money is returned and the deal is dead.

You refunded me immediately? You must have a bad memory. I recall delay, after delay, after delay, because you could not get to the pool hall to put a tip on the shaft for me. Then you refund me without even talking with me about it, because you seen that I created a thread, about a hypothetical situation, in which I never had any intention on mentioning you, and then you just refunded me without sending me a PM 1st. I never asked for the refund.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
You refunded me immediately? You must have a bad memory. I recall delay, after delay, after delay, because you could not get to the pool hall to put a tip on the shaft for me. Then you refund me without even talking with me about it, because you seen that I created a thread, about a hypothetical situation, in which I never had any intention on mentioning you, and then you just refunded me without sending me a PM 1st. I never asked for the refund.

You wanted a tip and ferrule installed on a $30 old growth shaft. I said day 1, I think I can get it done tomorrow. When "tomorrow" came, I was not able to break from work, told you so, and offered a refund. You refused a refund because you knew what a bargain you were receiving. After two more days of me not being able to schedule the work in and offering refunds, and your continued refusal to accept a refund, I gave your money back in spite of your hope to steal a bargain. Sorry that a businessman like yourself was so grievously harmed because he didn't get the deal of the century, but it shines a light on your 20 years of success.