Pool Rooms in Lexington, Ky

HitHrdNDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thinking about relocating, whats the pool scene like there? I don't play on bar tables. Any input would be greatly appreciated

wbweld0

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's pretty good...not great. The Rack club is probably the best place to play...it is where New Circle Rd. meets Richmond Rd. and the Silver Cue is pretty good place with some Diamond tables. It is on New Circle by Eastland bowling alley.

VOORHEES

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Lived Twenty Miles From Lexington For A Year And Thats All I Could Handle.ny To Kentucky Is Quite A Change. Pool Halls Were Alot Cheaper But Quality Was Not There.some Rooms Had Baseball Size Tears In The Felt And Pop Stains All Over. That Was There Good Tables. I Remember A Hall Of New Circle Or Man O War Blvd That Was Pretty Decent. This Was About 7 Years Ago Though. Things May Have Changed For The Better.

wbweld0

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
VOORHEES said:
I Lived Twenty Miles From Lexington For A Year And Thats All I Could Handle.ny To Kentucky Is Quite A Change. Pool Halls Were Alot Cheaper But Quality Was Not There.some Rooms Had Baseball Size Tears In The Felt And Pop Stains All Over. That Was There Good Tables. I Remember A Hall Of New Circle Or Man O War Blvd That Was Pretty Decent. This Was About 7 Years Ago Though. Things May Have Changed For The Better.

Yeah most of the places are pretty decent and the two that I mentioned above are the best in town.

Pinocchio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lexington has changed but for the worst. Danny B. no longer owns the Rack Club. I would recommend no pool room in Lex. for several reasons I won't mention. Lex. needs a good poolroom.
Pinocchio

mmaxey

Registered
Lexington is a horrible pool town. I lived there for 7 years up until about 7 months ago and its incredibly boring.

The rack club is pretty shitty honestly and no real players go into the silver cue.

The best players you will find in lexington are on monday and wednesday nights at squier's tavern.

I moved to louisville and enjoy this city quite a bit. Much lower cost of living and tons of great places to play (the bank shot, diamond billiard club, olivers and we have the DCC here)

Robertduke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didnt Danny B or his better half. Open up a pool room in Nicholasville.. I think I heard someone mention it..

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
mmaxey said:
I moved to louisville and enjoy this city quite a bit. Much lower cost of living and tons of great places to play (the bank shot, diamond billiard club, olivers and we have the DCC here)

Out of curiosity, how is Oliver's these days? That was one of my old haunts.

sliprock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HitHrdNDraw said:
Thinking about relocating, whats the pool scene like there? I don't play on bar tables. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Lexingtons pool scene bites. There are a couple of leagues on wed. and Thur. nights. Not much else. There's a couple of weekly tourny's within an hour of Lexington that's been getting a little action.

sliprock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Robertduke said:
Didnt Danny B or his better half. Open up a pool room in Nicholasville.. I think I heard someone mention it..

Yep. I think it's called the Green room. I've only been there once and that was about a year ago.

Warren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mmaxey said:
Lexington is a horrible pool town. I lived there for 7 years up until about 7 months ago and its incredibly boring.

The rack club is pretty shitty honestly and no real players go into the silver cue.

The best players you will find in lexington are on monday and wednesday nights at squier's tavern.

been out of lexington for a few years now, but the rack club was the best place with full-size tables. didn't know danny didn't own it any more (btw, one of hoppe's gallerys for this years dcc has a pic of danny with his old lady and earl). about the time or near when i left larry price used to hang out there.

didn't think i'd here squier's was the place to play, lol!! i have been there many times and played pool there but there wasn't any good players (the best i ever saw was about as good as me, which is pretty low, lol). did they start up some tourney or something? there is a band of lexington players that go all over town playing bar tourney's (or at least there used to be). to be honest i saw more action after these tourney's then i ever saw at a true pool hall. is that the crowd you are talking about mark?

warren..

mmaxey

Registered
poolbum, Oliver's isn't exactly a players room, but i go there with friends on dollar nights. Its okay, but no "players" go there o a regular basis.

As for squier's tavern, they hosted a weekly 8-ball tournament and leagues. The squier's league team has went to vegas for several years in a row now. The tournament has drawn in all the decent players in town to be honest...fast eddie, larry price...even eric durbin one night.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
mmaxey said:
poolbum, Oliver's isn't exactly a players room, but i go there with friends on dollar nights. Its okay, but no "players" go there o a regular basis.

As for squier's tavern, they hosted a weekly 8-ball tournament and leagues. The squier's league team has went to vegas for several years in a row now. The tournament has drawn in all the decent players in town to be honest...fast eddie, larry price...even eric durbin one night.

Hey mmaxey,

Oliver's is definitely not a "real" pool room, but it used to be the only place in town! This was before Bank Shot, and I used to play Billy Pay(sp?), Brian Roberts, Eddie Hagan, Truman Hogue and a few others there. They had a nice tourney there once as well complete with a calcutta. Jack Hines won, beating George Breedlove in the finals. Also playing were John Brumback, Mark Jarvis and Shannon Daulton, along with all the locals. I had some pretty big scores in that room.

wbweld0

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mmaxey said:

Yeah my team was the team that played out of squires and we went to Vegas for quite a few years. We have now pretty much split up due to a few people moving off (including myself) and others becoming not interested. It was nice while it lasted anyway. We finished a high as 17th -32nd in Vegas and another year 33rd - something. We also played in the ACS league and finished 9th - 12th in the Nationals in that league.

Warren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mmaxey said:

well fast eddie was a part of the group that used to travel around to different bars, along with kenny (forgot his last name), rusty, etc, probably the same crew! makes me wonder who wbweld is :) i used to see all those guys years ago at a bar called the mouse's ear off versailles road -- they used to have a pretty tough 8-ball and 9-ball tourney on mondays and wednesdays, but this was a while ago.

wbweld0

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Warren said:
well fast eddie was a part of the group that used to travel around to different bars, along with kenny (forgot his last name), rusty, etc, probably the same crew! makes me wonder who wbweld is :) i used to see all those guys years ago at a bar called the mouse's ear off versailles road -- they used to have a pretty tough 8-ball and 9-ball tourney on mondays and wednesdays, but this was a while ago.

Kenny Hughes was his name...he was on our team for a little while. I have been to the mouses ear a few times and yes it was a pretty tough tourney.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't there a new room in Lexington with some Diamonds?

Lou Figueroa
may be in Lexington
in a couple of months