Just asked to have both my accounts deleted

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread reminds me of a Chuck Wepner fight.

At some point, somebody needs to throw in the towel.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Based on the overwhelmingly negative responses in this thread, I just pulled the trigger with Mr. Wilson to confirm the account deletions. Gotta say I'm a little disappointed with a few of the posters here (such as HawaianEye) whose posts I generally enjoyed reading.

Were you hoping people would beg you to stay?

I saw a movie like this once. It was called The Long Goodbye.

Last edited:

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Based on the overwhelmingly negative responses in this thread, I just pulled the trigger with Mr. Wilson to confirm the account deletions. Gotta say I'm a little disappointed with a few of the posters here (such as HawaianEye) whose posts I generally enjoyed reading.

It just looks like a lot of people on here have let the toxicity of this environment infect their personality. Getting out of here will prolly help me concentrate on my game more than anything else.

Anyone who wants to actually talk pool, I'll be over at onepocket.org under the username "Pogue".

I think you'll find that "moderated" forums have their own pitfalls, mainly that they get stale pretty quick. It's also a good way to further limit participation. The time of forums is long past anyway. We're all dinosaurs on here. Good luck to you.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the problems on forums and in life is a lot of people can't just agree to disagree and accept it and move on. We see it here all the time. Folks arguing page after page trying to "prove" they are right over something completely meaningless in the bigger picture of things that actually matter. In this case we have a guy get so upset he leaves AZB and all his buddies here behind because of it. Sad.

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you'll find that "moderated" forums have their own pitfalls, mainly that they get stale pretty quick. It's also a good way to further limit participation. The time of forums is long past anyway. We're all dinosaurs on here. Good luck to you.

I heartily disagree. Sure, moderated forums have a few pitfalls if moderators either overdo the moderation part or if they don't care at all.

But: what are the alternatives to forums?

- Usenet: Sadly, this has been destroyed by spammers and the non-moderated part (politics, insults and so on in every newsgroup where it does not belong).

- Faceplant and other social media? Sorry, but almost anything I read there is just bs. Short one sentence statements with mostly no inherent meaning and lots of spam on top. Even presidents make fools of themselves there. No decent search function for the good stuff.

- Chat? Even worse. If you are looking for meaningful discussion immediately leave.

- Blogs? Mostly only the blogger's personal statements, no discussion.

So, what else? Where do you want to go to get *good* information nowadays? Read through thousands of Facebook posts to get a few goodies? I still think that the density of knowledge and ease of use is still way better here than on any of the above. And yes, I miss the good ole days of Usenet.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I heartily disagree. Sure, moderated forums have a few pitfalls if moderators either overdo the moderation part or if they don't care at all.

But: what are the alternatives to forums?

- Usenet: Sadly, this has been destroyed by spammers and the non-moderated part (politics, insults and so on in every newsgroup where it does not belong).

- Faceplant and other social media? Sorry, but almost anything I read there is just bs. Short one sentence statements with mostly no inherent meaning and lots of spam on top. Even presidents make fools of themselves there. No decent search function for the good stuff.

- Chat? Even worse. If you are looking for meaningful discussion immediately leave.

- Blogs? Mostly only the blogger's personal statements, no discussion.

So, what else? Where do you want to go to get *good* information nowadays? Read through thousands of Facebook posts to get a few goodies? I still think that the density of knowledge and ease of use is still way better here than on any of the above. And yes, I miss the good ole days of Usenet.

Good post, IMO
Justin Collett from TAR said AZ would becom like a billiard wikipedia.
...by subscribing, you can create your own personal body of knowledge.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard an unsubstantiated rumor Russ matched up with Deano in an aiming contest - loser had to leave the forum.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our world

It's the internet pard, it has changed the world forever and not all of the change is a good thing.

It allows folks to be rude and to act in a cowardly way with little fear of accountability. It allows them to be instant experts on all types of subjects.

It also reveals character flaws and gives one a screen shot of some one else's sorry existence. We are all flawed in some way and once we put it in black and white the whole world sees it.

The internet and texting have taught me to have thicker skin and to not jump to conclusions to quickly. If some knuckle head is rude to me I just look at them as being sick and try to ignore them.

As I have said before, we had a lot politer society when dueling was allowed and every one wore a gun on their hip.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
It's the internet pard, it has changed the world forever and not all of the change is a good thing.

It allows folks to be rude and to act in a cowardly way with little fear of accountability. It allows them to be instant experts on all types of subjects.

It also reveals character flaws and gives one a screen shot of some one else's sorry existence. We are all flawed in some way and once we put it in black and white the whole world sees it.

The internet and texting have taught me to have thicker skin and to not jump to conclusions to quickly. If some knuckle head is rude to me I just look at them as being sick and try to ignore them.

As I have said before, we had a lot politer society when dueling was allowed and every one wore a gun on their hip.

Right you are! Here in the west we all get along cuz we all have shooters:wink: Come out here and see fer yourself and if you don't have a piece let me know, I have loaners for guests. In no time at all you will feel right at home:)

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know what you mean, and it's frustrating. There are a lot of fan boys & girls on here and if you have a bit of 'constructive' criticism, or opinions someone else doesn't agree with you're beaten up quite a bit. I wouldn't quit though, there's still a lot of great information on here if you wear your bullet proof suit. I only drop by once in awhile to browse, but I don't contribute that much anymore. There are great members on here, but for every good response you're going to have 10 -15 bashers, they really don't contribute to the conversation, but they think they do! I once posted a funny video about pool, some laughed, but I actually had two red marks in my user cp saying it was childish or dumb. If you don't like the jokes or videos that's fine, but to actually 'red' mark me was funnier than the video I put up .... :p

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Mr. Wilson needs to set up another chat room under the main category.

It should be called "The Sensitive Room".

No capital letters allowed. No direct references to anyone or anything. The only wording allowed would be the use of "I" statements so as not to offend anyone.

The use of "I" statements will make anything associated with table mechanics, low deflection shafts, and chalk tolerable in the Sensitive Room.

That way folks that get emotional bruises easily will have a safe room to participate.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Mr. Wilson needs to set up another chat room under the main category.

It should be called "The Sensitive Room".

No capital letters allowed. No direct references to anyone or anything. The only wording allowed would be the use of "I" statements so as not to offend anyone.

The use of "I" statements will make anything associated with table mechanics, low deflection shafts, and chalk tolerable in the Sensitive Room.

That way folks that get emotional bruises easily will have a safe room to participate.

How dare you.

Where's my therapy puppy?

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL....

Drama queen!!!

EXACTLY!! All the OP really needed to do was simply stop coming here. Why did he want his accounts deleted? To protect him from himself? Delete my accounts or I won't be able to restrain myself from posting? Nope. Drama Queen hits the nail on the head.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Good points, AK.

Here’s my takeaway from everything I’ve witnessed the past few years active on AZB...and every global social media outlet...

A person’s true-self is quickly revealed on these Internet forums, because, IF you’re the type of person to react, type and treat others the way you deliberately put into print for the whole world to see....then that’s who you are. No doubts. No questions. No excuses.

Those beliefs and actions have never let me down - and certainly not any of the folks I’m proud to call my “friends”.

abb61c35023f0780d5c611b5a1a55fbd.jpg

~ Kerry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Reminds me . . .

Right you are! Here in the west we all get along cuz we all have shooters:wink: Come out here and see fer yourself and if you don't have a piece let me know, I have loaners for guests. In no time at all you will feel right at home:)

I went up your way a few decades ago. All I took to prowl the back country with was my brother and my canon. When I got back home I was on a shooting forum and commented it wasn't a shooting trip when somebody asked, we didn't even take a gun. When I said that someone we visited asked what that was that I showed him, dropped a bunch of bullets in his hand from the magazine. I had to explain to him that wasn't really a gun, just something for party purposes. Always embarrassing if somebody wants to party and you are barefoot all the way up to your neck!

Hope things are good your way, been far too long.

Hu

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I went up your way a few decades ago. All I took to prowl the back country with was my brother and my canon. When I got back home I was on a shooting forum and commented it wasn't a shooting trip when somebody asked, we didn't even take a gun. When I said that someone we visited asked what that was that I showed him, dropped a bunch of bullets in his hand from the magazine. I had to explain to him that wasn't really a gun, just something for party purposes. Always embarrassing if somebody wants to party and you are barefoot all the way up to your neck!

Hu

Not many on this forum know what a cool cat you are Hu! Few here can spin a yarn equal to yours. You ain't seen the last of me yet. Keep those Red beans and rice on the burner.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Hu

Good to see you post, Hu
Been blowing any drones outta the sky lately?

regards
pt