Another How I Hosed It Up Thread

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, here's an example of how I hose up runouts. in the first illustration all I needed to do was pocket the 2B and pop it out a little for the 3B into the same corner. Follow down for the 5B. You can see in the first illustration the plain white CB, which is where I wanted to be after pocketing the 2B. I didn't even have to get straight, just close enough.

So, in the 2nd illustration you will see where I landed after pocketing the 2B. I guess I was afraid to hit the 2B too hard and would end up with a steeper angle and be hosed. So instead I hit it too easy and had the bad angle on the 3B and couldn't follow down for the 5B.

This is almost a simple runout. But I hosed it up because I was about two inches out of position after I pocketed the 2B. This type of stuff has killed me over and over throughout the years.

First illustration - what I wanted to do.
https://pad-v1.chalkysticks.com/d510e

Second illustration - what I did.
https://pad-v1.chalkysticks.com/20a9c

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
why couldnt you do this from where you left your self
seems you need to do progressive draw drills and the wagon wheel until you own it
i am not an instructor
drq jerk.png

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
why couldnt you do this from where you left your self
seems you need to do progressive draw drills and the wagon wheel until you own it
i am not an instructor

bbb,

I thought about doing that. But I was so honked at messing up that shot that I tried to slow roll the 3B in and hope I got a roll off the 9B. But that didn't work, of course.

Nice job in catching that.

r/DCP

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Have you re set that shot up and hit It enough times so you get it right 80%
If not you are virtual learning not table/ muscle memory learning
I am not an instructor

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
We’re you afraid if you came out too far you would have too thin a cut?
Grady used to say
do I want to be short or long if I miss my position And plan accordingly
Tor draws a shot line for you to be on one side or the other
They are helpful visualizations
Also if you originally drew more diagonally back you had a wider zone fo shape with just a tad more distance
I think you need to seek lessons on patterns
Jmho I am not an instructor