ideas for an "over the counter" Ball Polish/Cleaner

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
We have a big local 9 ball tournament coming up this weekend and I need some suggestions. Gonna be a pretty big field and we want to have the equipment in the best possible shape.
The tables are all recently recovered with blue Simonis (could be championship) so we're in good shape there.

the Ball'z is the problem...and they are filthy

I have a 100% Authentic, genuine DIY POS bucket ball polisher... it does just does enough to not get fired. My question is about what to clean and polish the balls with in the polisher. I've heard and tried various glass cleaners (leaves a film) I know warm soapy water and a towel before going in the machine also works (messy and time consuming).

Is there anything I can purchase mix or make that would be a good "polisher" for the balls once they go in the machine?

thanks for your suggestions

jp

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member

Attachments

• IMG_2077.JPG
    IMG_2077.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 480

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
Have you looked at Aramith's Ball Cleaner or Ball Restorer?

I picked up a used and quite yellowed brunswick centennial pool balls off of Ebay and Aramith's restorer made them look damn near new. It's a great product!

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use Meguairs liquid wax.

Put the balls in the polisher and a small dot of wax on each ball. They look and play great.

HUKIT

F* ks Given...Zero
Silver Member
So are there some kind of abrasives in that stuff?

I don't recall seeing a ingredients list just the directions. But from my perspective without a doubt the restorer and cleaner contains wax, solvents and abrasives. Just based on the texture and the results it has to contain abrasives. The polisher definitely contains wax as well to get the glossy finish.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GAWDanwit!

Dr. Dave has already addressed what type of polishing compound we shall use.

I give you hint: starts with an A and ends with ramith.

Click the Dr.'s webpage for more.

:slap:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
GAWDanwit!

Dr. Dave has already addressed what type of polishing compound we shall use.

I give you hint: starts with an A and ends with ramith.

Click the Dr.'s webpage for more.

:slap:

And in ANY ball polisher the arimith ball cleaner clays up the buffing surface, and the film left on the balls transfers to the nose of the cushions and pocket facings as a yellowish coating....great stuff there....LOL

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And in ANY ball polisher the arimith ball cleaner clays up the buffing surface, and the film left on the balls transfers to the nose of the cushions and pocket facings as a yellowish coating....great stuff there....LOL

One definitely needs to show some restraint in its application, or suffer the punishment of removing the polishing materials and washing them.

Goodly designed poloshers have removable materials. Whatchoo know about that?
Lol

oldschool1478

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I am interested in what YOU prefer to use.
I have done well following your advice so far.

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
I have the Bludworth 16 ball machine and with the Bludworth Billiard Ball Polish it cleans and polishes with no wax and the balls are clean but don't slide.

Not sure if this company still sells this stuff but...

Hartley and Company Manufacturing
281-328-4672
HartleyCo@netscape.com

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have the Bludworth 16 ball machine and with the Bludworth Billiard Ball Polish it cleans and polishes with no wax and the balls are clean but don't slide.

Not sure if this company still sells this stuff but...

Hartley and Company Manufacturing
281-328-4672
HartleyCo@netscape.com

New balls slide, that's part of playing pool. Remove all the slide ability of the balls, and they start playing real springy off the cushions. If balls are too slick, then the transfer of spin is gone, banking long becomes a new shot, banking short is all about gone. There's a happy medium that needs to be achieved for balls to play correctly.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
The last two times I played I thought about how much the balls need cleaning.

I've got large quantity of a non abrasive cleaner that works great, no wax at all.

Finally cleaned em in my 5gl bucket polisher. I put carpet wrapped in a microfiber cloth on bottom w microfiber sides, polisher in hand on top.

8 balls at a time for two minutes, spraying cleaner to begin and after a minute. Rock the polisher and bucket a little, keeps em changing the roll of the balls.

My main point, cause I just racked em, clean balls have a sound of their own :thumbup: