Mike Dechaine

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know if he is still selling windows? If so, good for him. I think he started about 2/3 years ago so he must be doing fairly well if he is still in it.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know if he is still selling windows? If so, good for him. I think he started about 2/3 years ago so he must be doing fairly well if he is still in it.
He played a GB9 event in November so he must still be hittin' 'em some.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

Yes, that's what he still does. I saw him at the Steinway Classic in Queens, NY in October and caught up vey briefly.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a weird thread to start. Are you that curious that you need everyone to know that one of the top American athletes in his sport also sells windows to get by? Why would you need to know this info enough to start a thread about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a weird thread to start. Are you that curious that you need everyone to know that one of the top American athletes in his sport also sells windows to get by? Why would you need to know this info enough to start a thread about it?

Probably for the same reason you felt so compelled to make this reply. :thumbup:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Same here. It's an odd question and IMO, is borderline inappropriate to ask about anyone's personal life.

Is the OP interested in buying windows?

Jeff

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Probably for the same reason you felt so compelled to make this reply. :thumbup:

Just cuz...

Does anyone know if dechaine beat hatch in their tar matchup? I watched the podcast the other day.

Also for any Canadian members who happen to see this...wth is a “hydro man” ? I tried googling but only got a comic character by that name.

Paul Schofield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wrong on every count. Without knowing anything, my guess is that Mike fully realizes our sport's limitations. I would also guess that whatever his endeavor my be, that he is as good at it as he is at our beloved sport and is equally passionate about it. . That would be a credit to him.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrong on every count. Without knowing anything, my guess is that Mike fully realizes our sport's limitations. I would also guess that whatever his endeavor my be, that he is as good at it as he is at our beloved sport and is equally passionate about it. . That would be a credit to him.

I think you are wrong on almost every account and glad you admitted that you know nothing. My whole point was this thread should never have been started. Try to keep up with the rest of the group.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m going to politely ask that this thread be deleted out of respect for a champion like Mike The main player

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Dechaine told the truth about American pool's golden boy and was punished for it.

What a sad state with all the politics surrounding professional pool that the #2 or #3 American player has to go make a living elsewhere. :(

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And that he’s exploited by some fool

Not going to be replying to avoid bumping this ridiculous thread

Last edited:

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing wrong with this thread IMO, I respect Mike Dechaine very much and selling windows is not something you should be ashamed of, it's a job! just like any other job, my grandfather used to sell windows and he started off by zero, then he progressed and by the end of his life he owned a large company that produces and sells windows and he had millions by then, sadly then he gave it all away for charity and I got zero lol, regardless of this.

The point I'm trying to make is, nothing to be ashamed of, selling windows is an honourable job.

Another thing to note is, the world of pool doesn't make that much money, everyone knows that it needs to change, but it won't as long as companies who sell PPV are around, such as TAR and other small productions.

I know people always get mad at me when I mention this, but it is true, these companies attract few people and push away the big companies that sell advertisements etc, what pool needs is a large viewership, then companies outside of pool will come to make ads which add more money, the growth should start like this.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you are wrong on almost every account and glad you admitted that you know nothing. My whole point was this thread should never have been started. Try to keep up with the rest of the group.

I’m going to politely ask that this thread be deleted out of respect for a champion like Mike The main player

There is nothing disrespectful about the original post. He is asking what Mike is up to these days. Maybe he likes Mike too, and was just curious. Who knows.

Im not sure why it has your hackles up, but you need to consider the possibility that you are overreacting. :thumbup:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lol good lord.. seriously it’s a simple question. I’m sure mike couldn’t give 2 shits. Jesus you people are triggered easily. Nothing shameful about working for a living. It’s hard to make it in this game. I’m glad to hear he is doing well. I always liked him and watching him play.

I’m going to respectfully ask you take the Barely legal girl with the huge breasts off your avatar.. how do you think that poor girl feels being used and violated by people like you!!!

Last edited:

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol good lord.. seriously it’s a simple question. I’m sure mike couldn’t give 2 shits. Jesus you people are triggered easily. Nothing shameful about working for a living. It’s hard to make it in this game. I’m glad to hear he is doing well. I always liked him and watching him play.

I’m going to respectfully ask you take the Barely legal girl with the huge breasts off your avatar.. how do you think that poor girl feels being used and violated by people like you!!!

Leave the ta ta’s out of it.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Lot of overreacting here. This thread, in which a poster essentially asks what Mike is up to these days, is fair game. Mike works full time, sells windows, and he's happy and thriving. His is a unique story for sure in our sport, but a significant one, as his experience speaks volumes about how tough it is to make ends meet if pro pool is your only source of income, even if you are an elite player.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Dechaine told the truth about American pool's golden boy and was punished for it.

What a sad state with all the politics surrounding professional pool that the #2 or #3 American player has to go make a living elsewhere. :(
What are you referring to? I was out of the game from 2009 until 2018...