the new cincinnati kid!

johnrp2005

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow i am so proud of shannon murphy! he is barely 21 and out of 477 in the banks which is totally not known for, got 8th and at least the last 10 in the nineball at the derby how strong is that! and he doesnt go on tour and doesnt call is self a pro but plays like one. and to boot many people are not aware of the fact he has only one eye. he cant see out of the other one.
all ive got to say is watch out for this natural talent and he grew up playing on 9 foot diamonds. i think bucky bell taught him alot too. a great hustle in his own right.

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Good luck to Shannon and he did have a great event but you might want to google "Don Willis" before you put the Cincinnati Kid label on 'em. That's a lot of pressure to deal with- Willis was one of the greatest of all time and a monster in cash games.

BackPocket9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bud green said:
Good luck to Shannon and he did have a great event but you might want to google "Don Willis" before you put the Cincinnati Kid label on 'em. That's a lot of pressure to deal with- Willis was one of the greatest of all time and a monster in cash games.

Don Willis was from Canton, not Cincinnati. Joey Spaeth was nicknamed the Cincinnati kid. Other great players from Cincinnati were Eugene "Clem" Metz and Donnie Anderson.

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
I watched the Hennessee (Pinegar) vs. Murphy match Saturday. Hennessee played a tight safe with the object ball in the area of the foot spot and the cue ball up table behind several balls. Murphy rared back and one rail kicked the ball into the corner pocket with lightening speed. It hit dead center pocket.

Incidentally Hennessee won the match and was put out later by Hohman. A very nice tournament for a home town fellow.

cuedoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched him play Holman sat night and he didnt lose by much,I didnt know who he was but he did remind me of a irishman and knew there was a good player name murphy playing and figured it out:D He can play with anyone.

Poolschool

Pool table nerd
Silver Member
I got to watch Shannon grow from a little kid to being one of the toughest shots around. I am very impressed with his achievements but I think there is much more to come. Shannon has always had a nice stroke maybe too much stroke. He is beginning to mature now and once he does he will be one strong fighter.

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
Here is a picture of Shannon Murhpy taken from Insidepoolmag.com

Attachments

• Shannon Murphy.jpg
    Shannon Murphy.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,320

nfty9er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, but I can't help it

Tennesseejoe said:
Even though Don Willis was not from Cincinatti---He was the original "Cincinatti Kid".

Ya all know the original Cinicinatti Kid was Steve Mcqueen.

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
BackPocket9Ball said:
Don Willis was from Canton, not Cincinnati. Joey Spaeth was nicknamed the Cincinnati kid. Other great players from Cincinnati were Eugene "Clem" Metz and Donnie Anderson.
Spaeth, Metz & Donnie Anderson grew up in Cinci together. Donnie is the one I have heard called 'The Cincinati Kid' most (although it stuck to Willis too, despite the fact he was from Canton)

I would bet the poolplayer nicknames came before the movie nickname, but that's just conjecture...

johnrp2005

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i only meant to call shannon cincinnati kid as a catch phrase title.
i dont like for that to be his nickname its out dated for one.
his nickname is the cannon and yeah he probably got it from the real cannon
but he breaks real hard too so its good. also to his credit last year i think he won the viking tour columbus stop. in that one he beat pros like putnam, adam smith, howard vickery.

tom haney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
johnrp2005 said:
wow i am so proud of shannon murphy! he is barely 21 and out of 477 in the banks which is totally not known for, got 8th and at least the last 10 in the nineball at the derby how strong is that! and he doesnt go on tour and doesnt call is self a pro but plays like one. and to boot many people are not aware of the fact he has only one eye. he cant see out of the other one.
all ive got to say is watch out for this natural talent and he grew up playing on 9 foot diamonds. i think bucky bell taught him alot too. a great hustle in his own right.

I watched him beat Souquet in banks while I
was there. He improves vastly every time I
come to the Derby.

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
aside from shannon's pool playing skills, he's a really nice polite kid
can't say the same for some of his buddies he runs with :rolleyes:

Brickman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the guy that comes to Pikeville KY and wins all of the $ 500 added tourneys he plays in there. I havent got to play him yet but he is very feared when he comes to town. Which I cant play with the likes of him anyway.

This tourney is the 1st saturday of every month and the money is added no matter how many people enter. Also they play it on 9 ft diamond smart tables, it starts at 1pm , with the auctions and all it pays fairly well for a one day tourney.

Warren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hal said:
Here is a picture of Shannon Murhpy taken from Insidepoolmag.com

I remember that kid from a time I was at Danny' Rack Club in Lexington, KY this would have been sometime in 2003 or 2004, back when Larry Price used to hang out there. He was there with a guy I know from Lexington named CC (or Charlie, bout 6' tall with red hair, forgot his last name) -- CC was backing him, forget what spot they offered me but he was way outta my league (not saying much :) As someone else mentioned he was real nice, CC was doing the barking lol. I wouldn't say he was a world beater at that time but he did have a huge stroke and I remember someone saying he was very young. They did get action though (not from me!) warren..

Brickman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone on here was saying that Shannon was blind in one eye? Well I spoke with one of his cousins this weekend at a tourney here, and he told me that Shannon WASNT blind in either eye? Does anyone REALLY know if he is or not?

ANY CINCINATTI GUYS/GALS OUT THERE THAT REALLY KNOW???????

Just curious :) :) :)