Flattered, but I'm not Jeannette Lee - Funny

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
Last night I went to a benefit auction to support a cause. A local girl was attacked by a pit bull and needed some support. I volunteered to be an auctioneer model? and maybe make a purchase or two...

At the auction, a lady walked up to me and asked me to autograph her jacket and I simply thought she wanted to remember this event by getting everyone's signature on her jacket. As she turns her back to me to sign, I noticed that no one else has signed her jacket. Something told me to ask, "and why do you want me to sign your jacket?" She replied with a huge grin and said, "my husband watches you on TV all the time and he will never believe that I saw you here!"

I had to tell that lady that I wasn't Jeannette Lee. I think I broke her heart, she thought she had met a celebrity.

Just for the record, I am flattered, but I don't have any similar feature to Jeannette Lee. It just amazes me how most people think "we" all look alike :rolleyes:

S.

Reactions: Hal

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
sunnyday said:
Last night I went to a benefit auction to support a cause. A local girl was attacked by a pit bull and needed some support. I volunteered to be an auctioneer model? and maybe make a purchase or two...

At the auction, a lady walked up to me and asked me to autograph her jacket and I simply thought she wanted to remember this event by getting everyone's signature on her jacket. As she turns her back to me to sign, I noticed that no one else has signed her jacket. Something told me to ask, "and why do you want me to sign your jacket?" She replied with a huge grin and said, "my husband watches you on TV all the time and he will never believe that I saw you here!"

I had to tell that lady that I wasn't Jeannette Lee. I think I broke her heart, she thought she had met a celebrity.

Just for the record, I am flattered, but I don't have any similar feature to Jeannette Lee. It just amazes me how most people think "we" all look alike :rolleyes:

S.

Can we get a picture so we can do the judging Sunny? (And just make sure you're not dressed in all black.) :D

JoeyA

Reactions: Hal

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's what I told my brother!

My brother is married to a lady from Korea. When my cousin married a Korean also his family had a reception when they got back to the states so that the extended family could meet her. When Mike asked if I was going to the reception I said, "naah, they all look alike anyway!" He knew I was joking but the damage my wife did to my shin with a cowboy boot wasn't funny!

Hu

sunnyday said:

S.

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
I like your wife!

ShootingArts said:
My brother is married to a lady from Korea. When my cousin married a Korean also his family had a reception when they got back to the states so that the extended family could meet her. When Mike asked if I was going to the reception I said, "naah, they all look alike anyway!" He knew I was joking but the damage my wife did to my shin with a cowboy boot wasn't funny!

Hu

Ha, ha, hu, hu, your wife is the bomb:p I know you were kidding. I think harmless family jokes are exceptable. "We" let you slide on that one.

S.

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
Sunny-me

JoeyA said:
Can we get a picture so we can do the judging Sunny? (And just make sure you're not dressed in all black.) :D

JoeyA

That is me in my aviatar but here is what I looked like yesterday.

Yeah, I don't wear black any more:rolleyes:

S.
Sunny.jpg

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
The Devil Made Me Do It

sunnyday said:

S.

LOL.... I was playing one-pocket at Planet 9-Ball on the "Buddy Hall table" (a special shiny black Robertson's table with a brass plaque on one end with Buddy Hall's name on it). This table also had a picture of Buddy Hall on the light fixture along with his autograph.

Anyway, Buddy and I only have a few things in common, mostly that we are the same age, height, weight and build.

This older fellow had been standing and watching us play for about an hour (along with 5 or 6 other spectators) when he approached me with a pool magazine in his hand and said that he had seen me on some 'pool tapes' and he REALLY enjoyed watching me play in person. He said, "would you autograph the cover of this magazine for me, Buddy ?"

I smiled and said "certainly" and hastily scrawled Blubby Hall on the cover. He thanked me profusely and left with a big smile on his face. Eight people doubled over in laughter.....
Doug
( I don't know what was SO funny, someday my autograph may be worth more than Buddy's...... imo :) )

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Wow, great picture Sunny! I think Jeanette is the one who should be flattered.

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can i have your autograph I already have Jeanette's on a cue ball, but seriously you are very pretty.--Leonard

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
This is sardonically funny...in the "they all look alike" vein...

Sunny? My apologies for "white man's disease"....

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
Any girl who looks like you, plays pool, and has a sign that says HUGE ASS BEER HERE is only in our dreams. I know when I wake up this thread won't be here...........zzzzzzzzzzz

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
Thanks for compliments

Everyone thanks for all the compliments. But for the record I am happily married to an awsome guy and...

Hal said:
Can I buy you a Corona? Or 9?

Whoh, did you say beer? I'm there! Heineken, please:D

S.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
I know

I used to get the, "Do you know you look like Mick Jagger" thing all the time, but when I did the Chicken dance, they just laughed.

buzzsaw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had the opportunity to watch Sunny and she can play some pool. Sorry Sunny didn't mean to ruin any of your action.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
White man's disease

pwd72s said:
This is sardonically funny...in the "they all look alike" vein...

Sunny? My apologies for "white man's disease"....

Sorta in the same vein.

I was getting ready to sell a Gus Szamboti cue on eBay. The cue was dedicated "Boyar". When we had bought the cue in the 80s, Lou Butera told us he was brokering the deal for Lee Boyar whose husband had recently died. None of us could remember if Lou had said it was hers or her husbands, so I set out making some phone calls to see if anyone could remember the Boyar's and see if I could find out. Everyone (white males) I called, totally remember Lee Boyar "a foxy Asian chick who could play some", but nobody could remember hardly anything about her husband (I wonder if Jay can). Its like "foxy Asian chicks" are the equivalent of a radar jamming device for white men's minds, once one walks in the room, every memory of anything else that might be happening just gets whipped clean and all that's left is some stunned muttering of "foxy Asian chick".

I hope this isn't seen as to prejudicial, I think I'm only disparaging white males here and I'm one of them.

Anyone remember Marshall Boyar?

Oh, and Sunny, you are a foxy Asian chick, after seeing your pic, I totally forgot what this thread was about!

Kevin

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
Snapshot9 said:
I used to get the, "Do you know you look like Mick Jagger" thing all the time, but when I did the Chicken dance, they just laughed.

Hmm, I think Mick Jagger was pretty hot in his younger days and you look like?

S.