Draw Some Shot Layouts from Dirby City Classic 2008!

cuetable

Line Up Your Best Shot!
Silver Member
Dear Members:

If you are in Louisville for Dirby City Classic this year, please draw out some cool shots you've seen here. I have left a big stack of diagram templates in the AZB / OPO room to make this easier. If you would like to get a hands-on demo of CueTable software, please contact me.

This is truly a great event and we should help making a good record of it!

(I have also started a photo album here, feel free to upload yours!)

Last edited:

Warren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cuetable said:
Dear Members:

If you are in Louisville for Dirby City Classic this year, please draw out some cool shots you've seen here. I have left a big stack of diagram templates in the AZB / OPO room to make this easier. If you would like to get a hands-on demo of CueTable software, please contact me.

This is truly a great event and we should help making a good record of it!

(I have also start a photo album here, feel free to upload yours!)

if requests are welcome, i'd sure like to see the shot mark tadd made to finish the match that gave larry price his only loss in the bank tourney.....warren...

bruceree

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

CueTable Help

Heres Shanes shot on the eight when he played Cliff in 8 ball.. I believe he was down 14-8 here. Shot with the mechanical bridge too.

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From Bank Ring Game

CueTable Help

Shot by Tony Coleman to come back from only $600 left to second place (at the time)

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
iba7467...the 1 and 3 HAVE to be much closer to the rail. There NO way the 2ball comes almost straight across, back to the first diamond, and then angles off into the opposite corner pocket. Maybe if the 2ball hit 1/2 diamond, it could bank cross corner...but not the way you diagrammed it.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

iba7467 said:
Shot by Brian Gregg to win Bank Pool Ring Game

CueTable Help

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry, diagram not exact, just wanted everyone to get the general idea. Gregg definitely played the bank straight and to slide into the corner.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you...That double bank normally straightens up off the second rail, which is why most double bank shots like that are hit long close to the 2nd rail pocket. Gregg had to hit it very pure, at just the right speed, to play a natural angle double bank crosscorner like that...and to do that, the 1 & 3 have to be out of the way of the natural bank line.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott Lee said:
Thank you...That double bank normally straightens up off the second rail

Yes, but a close angle bank with reverse english will lengthen off the second rail if hit well. Which is what appeared to have happened to me from my vantage point observing the ring game.

cuetable

Line Up Your Best Shot!
Silver Member
Efren's position shot

This might not be that impressive on CueTable, but it is really amazing to look at in live. Efren got on great shape for the 6 ball here, without touching the 7 ball...

CueTable Help

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
iba7467...The effect of reverse on the CB (in this shot) lengthening the angle is quite minimal. No way it lengthens a whole diamond, like you diagrammed. The english transfer is appx. 2-4%. Some people will argue that, but it just doesn't happen that often, or that significantly. I will definitely agree that Gregg hit an excellent natural 2-rail bank...which is what I said in the first post. Sidespin had little to do with him making the shot.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

iba7467 said:
Yes, but a close angle bank with reverse english will lengthen off the second rail if hit well. Which is what appeared to have happened to me from my vantage point observing the ring game.