No pool & alcohol?

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
Definitely feeling jealous of those with a home table about now. Normally I think to myself "I only have so many hours for pool, I'd rather pend them out shooting with others", but now I'm thinking to myself "My pool game is gonna go to shit by the time I can go out to play again, isn't it?"

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Just happened in MD too. Still have plenty of alcohol and a pool table at home.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely feeling jealous of those with a home table about now. Normally I think to myself "I only have so many hours for pool, I'd rather pend them out shooting with others", but now I'm thinking to myself "My pool game is gonna go to shit by the time I can go out to play again, isn't it?"

Naw, long as you got a cue, a countertop and something to stroke into (bottle etc...etc), you'll be up and running within minutes regardless of how long you go without hitting a ball.

BTW, if you happen to have a cue ball or object ball, you can put a donut-hole on a counter top and shoot the cue ball into a basket, rolled up towels etc...etc. I know it sounds stupid but, it is a great way to keep the "feel" of the follow-through and will even help to keep ball speed from going to hell in a handbasket.

Good luck,

Jeff

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a table and a cabinet stocked with alcohol.

I HIGHLY suggest everyone do the same as soon as they can. It makes times like this go by much, much easier.

Jeff

The table you're gonna need to store your mega supply of toilet paper of course, and the alcohol for cleaning your hands constantly.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Naw, long as you got a cue, a countertop and something to stroke into (bottle etc...etc), you'll be up and running within minutes regardless of how long you go without hitting a ball.

BTW, if you happen to have a cue ball or object ball, you can put a donut-hole on a counter top and shoot the cue ball into a basket, rolled up towels etc...etc. I know it sounds stupid but, it is a great way to keep the "feel" of the follow-through and will even help to keep ball speed from going to hell in a handbasket.

Good luck,

Jeff

Before I got a table I would practice a little each night just hitting a cue ball, I started out with a lacrosse ball lol. I had a little spot set up and at the end of it I had a flexible cutting board set up like a ramp, I’d shoot soft enough that it would roll up without flying off the ramp and would instead roll right back to me

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before I got a table I would practice a little each night just hitting a cue ball, I started out with a lacrosse ball lol. I had a little spot set up and at the end of it I had a flexible cutting board set up like a ramp, I’d shoot soft enough that it would roll up without flying off the ramp and would instead roll right back to me

That is sad.

So sad.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

After reading this I cried so hard I couldn't see the screen. It was really heart-wrenching to read.

Seriously though, there are ways to do things if we just use our noggin or noodle or something like that.

An imagination is the best tool to have.

Jeff

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
I have at home a 9ft GC2, magic chalk, and toilet paper. I'm set!