Where to buy the Predator Arena Light

Cbrown1

Registered
Long time lurker, first time poster.....

Before the world got crazy I ordered a 9’ Diamond Paragon table due for delivery in June. No telling when it will actually get here but I’m pretty excited about it.

I’m looking at lights and want to get the new Predator Arena Light by Lucid but I can’t find out how or where to order one. I’m on my fourth email submission on the Lucid Ball website with no response. No phone number is given.

Does anyone know where I can get one or order one or have any better contact info?

I’m trying to post a picture of the rectangle light but it’s proving more difficult to learn than the Diamond system.....

Cbrown1

Registered
Here is a picture (if it works)

picture.php

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Long time lurker, first time poster.....

Before the world got crazy I ordered a 9’ Diamond Paragon table due for delivery in June. No telling when it will actually get here but I’m pretty excited about it.

I’m looking at lights and want to get the new Predator Arena Light by Lucid but I can’t find out how or where to order one. I’m on my fourth email submission on the Lucid Ball website with no response. No phone number is given.

Does anyone know where I can get one or order one or have any better contact info?

I’m trying to post a picture of the rectangle light but it’s proving more difficult to learn than the Diamond system.....
They may be shut down due the corona situation. You might contact Pred. via FB.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
You can make a really nice light for less than 300bux. 1,500 seems pretty stout for a light.

Some links would be ideal... I dont know the first thing about building a pool table light and its something I might do for my next house.

Cbrown1

Registered
I’m open to other light options. I just don’t like the coffin looking beasts Diamond puts out. I also looked at the slim Longoni lights.i’ll check out the Littmans too!

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like that table from Diamond! Nice choice.

Hope it comes sooner than later.

td

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can make a really nice light for less than 300bux. 1,500 seems pretty stout for a light.

You can make THAT light for 300. If 1,500 is the real price you're just being robbed.

Right now if you can bounce the light off the ceiling, I'd suggest 2 COB LEDs from CREE or who ever. They're extremely efficient, dimmable, low blue and cheap. (They're designed for cannibas mainly). Running on 36v (or 72c) you can buck/boost to adapt to multiple overhead cameras off of 1 PS whole running 2 LEDs side by side at ~20 degrees. Best part, outside of the buck/boost module you need no diodes, resistors, capacitors etc... plug and play. 1 COB, PS, potentiometer and heatsink... $100 (plus $2 or so for nails/hangers etc...).

Be warned though, you'll need that dimmer, here's just 1 COB in a flashlight...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_T-YIvWNmQ&feature=youtu.be&t=675

Last edited:

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can make THAT light for 300. If 1,500 is the real price you're just being robbed. .

Perhaps $300 for part costs: lights, fixtures, framing, paint, wiring, plugs, ...
What about cost of equipment used to cut, form, bend, weld, paint, assemble,... ?
What about the cost of labor, taxes, profit, health care, bonuses, dividends,... ?

A long time ago I worked for a company who priced their goods at 4×MLB where MLB stands for Materials (line 1 above), Labor (line 2 above) and Burden (line 3 above). They had been in business since the 1870s.....

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perhaps $300 for part costs: lights, fixtures, framing, paint, wiring, plugs, ...
What about cost of equipment used to cut, form, bend, weld, paint, assemble,... ?
What about the cost of labor, taxes, profit, health care, bonuses, dividends,... ?

A long time ago I worked for a company who priced their goods at 4×MLB where MLB stands for Materials (line 1 above), Labor (line 2 above) and Burden (line 3 above). They had been in business since the 1870s.....

So the moral of the story is why help yourself when you're rich? Sorry, it's just that your line items are so overly broad that they assume everyone can and _SHOULD_ pay $1500 for a $300 item and at the same time _NEVER_ attempt to create for themselves (or else why did you even mention them?). Ever wonder how that company began? But maybe I should add that if you don't have the skills to make something yourself, especially an electrical item, then use the market. Hey, if you can pay $1500 for that light, good for you.

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's cool. How are you powering the SLR and transmitting the image?

The short answer is through a wire channel that was put up after that picture was taken.
The SLR I had intended to live capture using its HDMI out, but its the wrong SLR for that. So now I climb the table and take the camera card out.

The long answer:
That post I linked to is just one post of a whole thread. If you look at the top its says "view single post" and immediately to the right if you click that will be the entire thread. If you go to the last page of the thread you will see the wire routing that I did after this picture was taken.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The short answer is through a wire channel that was put up after that picture was taken.
The SLR I had intended to live capture using its HDMI out, but its the wrong SLR for that. So now I climb the table and take the camera card out.

The long answer:
That post I linked to is just one post of a whole thread. If you look at the top its says "view single post" and immediately to the right if you click that will be the entire thread. If you go to the last page of the thread you will see the wire routing that I did after this picture was taken.

Nice nice! Can I ask the length and width of the room you fit your table in?

As a proof of concept for watching three, 3D printers at once, I used 3 ps3 cameras with each camera at the front of each printer (placement as you'd expect). For the final stream, I joined all 3 with ffmpeg. It was just a proof of concept but I achieved my goal, which was 1 stream without distortion. I just thought I'd mention that general approach as it is an incredibly effective and cheap way of overhead mounting without distortion.

EDIT: There is also wireless SD cards.

Last edited: