Galactic Bar Table Association. GBTA

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Over the past two weeks, I have been working on putting this organization together. The Galactic Bar Table Association (GBTA) is formed for two primary reasons. Both of these came to the forefront the past two weeks and through my education of such we now have:

1) US professional pool is being shifted to the bar table, also known as the 7 foot table. Pool has failed on 9 foot tables long enough and it is time to be progressive in the sport. The GBTA is formed to bring continued awareness of this change, to insure that events are being held to the standard of bar table events (we will expand on this at a later date), and to put our logo (also to be formed at a later date) on all flyers for events that comply with the GBTA requirements.

2) We will be publishing a complex ranking system, to bring awareness to the Galactic world who is the number one bar table player. This person will be able to declare themself as such on their Facebook page along with conversations with their friends. We will also have a website (to be created at a future date) that will list the current rankings and any upcoming events.

Any bar table event is eligible to be sanctioned as a GBTA event. An application is required along with 5% of all prize money to be submitted to the GBTA for operational costs.

The GBTA also has openings for 4 associate board members. Derek Disco and Cleary have already been contacted to see if they are agreeable to fill two of those spots.

Until our website and toll free number is up and running, please send a private message or simply post in this thread if your tournament would like to be sanctioned.

First up for review is Bob's Corner Tavern weekly Wednesday night 8 ball tourney. We will have our decision on the sanctioning of this event shortly.

Floppage

True Beginner
Silver Member
I would like to apply to be the official stapling judge for the GBTA. With about 2 decades of experience working in an office setting I can judge stapling like a pro. And as we all know, without good stapling you have NOTHING!

ktrepal85

Banned
Why would anyone give you 5% of the prize fund? Just so they can contribute to your rankings?? It doesn't even make sense to use a percentage. It should cost the same amount regardless of the payouts. And what happens to all this money that is collected? I don't think it's necessary to declare a ranking system for the best player on a bar table. This whole thing seems pointless. And why do you need 4 associates? Is there even enough work for 1 person? This whole thing sounds like a sorry attempt to squeeze money out of tournaments...nice try!

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to apply to be the official stapling judge for the GBTA. With about 2 decades of experience working in an office setting I can judge stapling like a pro. And as we all know, without good stapling you have NOTHING!

It won't let me give you more greenies :thumbup:

Watchez, if you're association is still teetering on stop #2, there is a nice 400 square foot location in rural Louisiana. It's where the true players play.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Over the past two weeks, I have been working on putting this organization together. The Galactic Bar Table Association (GBTA) ....

Take another two weeks and make it the InterGalatic Bar Table Association. I mean, there are billions of galaxies out there; why limit yourself to just the Milky Way?

(I can't wait to see the dresscode that Cleary comes up with :) )

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Why would anyone give you 5% of the prize fund? Just so they can contribute to your rankings?? It doesn't even make sense to use a percentage. It should cost the same amount regardless of the payouts. And what happens to all this money that is collected? I don't think it's necessary to declare a ranking system for the best player on a bar table. This whole thing seems pointless. And why do you need 4 associates? Is there even enough work for 1 person? This whole thing sounds like a sorry attempt to squeeze money out of tournaments...nice try!

That is where you are wrong. We are going to use this money to expand the awareness of bar table pool. Join us in our journey to a briliant tomorrow.

Beyond the 5% we are allotted out of each prize pool, we also will accept donations. These will also be reviewed before their donations are accepted.

As with any organization, we are going to have a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and one Board Member. The President's term (that is me) will be for life or until I am willing to step down. All other offices are 5 year terms.

We also welcome any other pool organization to contact us to become part of our umbrella.

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member

Attachments

• greatbanter.png
    greatbanter.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 537

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree with you. It should be 10%. Any association of the galaxy should require a 10% draw of prize funds, just due to the sheer magnitude of it.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Any chance of you shipping all bar boxes to another galaxy, hope springs eternal

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Over the past two weeks, I have been working on putting this organization together. The Galactic Bar Table Association (GBTA) is formed for two primary reasons. Both of these came to the forefront the past two weeks and through my education of such we now have:

1) US professional pool is being shifted to the bar table, also known as the 7 foot table. Pool has failed on 9 foot tables long enough and it is time to be progressive in the sport. The GBTA is formed to bring continued awareness of this change, to insure that events are being held to the standard of bar table events (we will expand on this at a later date), and to put our logo (also to be formed at a later date) on all flyers for events that comply with the GBTA requirements.

2) We will be publishing a complex ranking system, to bring awareness to the Galactic world who is the number one bar table player. This person will be able to declare themself as such on their Facebook page along with conversations with their friends. We will also have a website (to be created at a future date) that will list the current rankings and any upcoming events.

Any bar table event is eligible to be sanctioned as a GBTA event. An application is required along with 5% of all prize money to be submitted to the GBTA for operational costs.

The GBTA also has openings for 4 associate board members. Derek Disco and Cleary have already been contacted to see if they are agreeable to fill two of those spots.

Until our website and toll free number is up and running, please send a private message or simply post in this thread if your tournament would like to be sanctioned.

First up for review is Bob's Corner Tavern weekly Wednesday night 8 ball tourney. We will have our decision on the sanctioning of this event shortly.

At first I thought it was a spoof. Then I thought it was a bit serious. Then I read the part in bold, it's a total effin spoof :grin-square::rolleyes:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is where you are wrong. We are going to use this money to expand the awareness of bar table pool. Join us in our journey to a briliant tomorrow.

Beyond the 5% we are allotted out of each prize pool, we also will accept donations. These will also be reviewed before their donations are accepted.

As with any organization, we are going to have a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and one Board Member. The President's term (that is me) will be for life or until I am willing to step down. All other offices are 5 year terms.

We also welcome any other pool organization to contact us to become part of our umbrella.

I would like to put forward an idea for a "sarcastic comment guy" and would like to take that position for the first 5 years. Yea like you'll ever be smart enough to pick me.

It can also be part of the ref and rule making. Yea that shot is legal, in another galaxy.

Banks

Banned
Any chance of you shipping all bar boxes to another galaxy, hope springs eternal

Hey, there's an idea! You could play two barbox games simultaneously on a big table by putting up a net. Additional fees may apply. Void where prohibited.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
At first I thought it was a spoof. Then I thought it was a bit serious. Then I read the part in bold, it's a total effin spoof :grin-square::rolleyes:

100% serious. Do you question the Ian guy of the WPA if he is serious?

These tourneys better contact us, sooner than later.

We will also be coming out with our own sanctioned rack soon too. It will be better than the magic rack as not one but both wing balls will go on every break.
Use of this rack will be required in all sanctioned events.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
100% serious. Do you question the Ian guy of the WPA if he is serious?

These tourneys better contact us, sooner than later.

We will also be coming out with our own sanctioned rack soon too. It will be better than the magic rack as not one but both wing balls will go on every break.
Use of this rack will be required in all sanctioned events.

it's gonna be a sho-nuff exciting, heart stopping experience watching the monsters run 20 something packs on valleys with special 7" ( biz complements of big E) pockets

Shannon.spronk

Anybody read this?
Silver Member
Will rankings consider past tournaments? I got first in a local handicapped tourney a couple weeks ago. It had like 12 monster players and me so I got weight and was able to win. Please also consider my application for board member. I am very good at doing nothing and sleeping during meetings.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Will rankings consider past tournaments? I got first in a local handicapped tourney a couple weeks ago. It had like 12 monster players and me so I got weight and was able to win. Please also consider my application for board member. I am very good at doing nothing and sleeping during meetings.

No, the GBTA is the future of pool. We cannot think of the past.

We will consider your application for a board member but do you know any hot chicks that you can also bring to our board room, interested in being a part of the GBTA?